Monday, November 11, 2013

It's been a while - update

Hey guys!

Happy Veteran's Day to all who served and who are currently serving! 

It's been a while so I figured I'd drop in and post about what's been going on in my world.

First off, an update on Mr. Bill is that there really is no update at this time.  He's still in the hospital and we're all going in and helping/sitting with him on a rotating schedule.  We have decided that we can back off some of the time that we are spending up there so no more overnights.  The nurses have him right outside their station and as long as we are there when the doctors/physical therapists/social workers come by - mainly in the morning and also we will be there to assist him with his meals.  He can't really feed himself either so that's the main reason for us needing to be there.  The doctors have decided that he is not a viable candidate for the back surgery due to the osteoporosis so it has to basically repair on its own and that will take a lot of time.  He has very few moments of recognition and mostly doesn't even realize we are there, much less can hold a conversation.  It's just heartbreaking. Chris, his brother and mom are also starting to look into options for his after-hospital care. 

Our lives have been in such chaos lately, but since this is pretty much the new norm for us now, I've got to figure out a way to make things work out.  So I've got the crock pot going now and also going to make 2 more dinners that we can reheat during the week and also use as lunches too.  In addition to that, I'm planning on getting back on track with the exercise.  I felt so bad the last week and a half going without so no more.  I am back on track starting today.



Check out my snazzy new Bondi Band, I won from Running on Candy!  I'm completely sold on Bondi Bands now and about to go order me a few!

I managed to get a 1 mile run in and a 1 mile walk this morning (no problems with the heels or the Achilles so yay!)  I wish I could have done more, but I've got a TON to do today.  Mountain of laundry is waiting, plus I'm meeting my mom and dad to take my dad to lunch for Veteran's Day and then also maybe to a movie.  (And get those meals finished too...).  I was hoping to be able to mow the grass today but not sure if I can swing that or not.  Geez, I hope this is the last time this year that we'll have to mow.  Our poor yard is so out of hand right now.

I had a pretty major milestone come and go last Thursday.  I really meant to come and post about it but time just got away from me.   Last Thursday I hit my 1 year mark!   Not only is it the whole lifestyle change, longest streak ever for me, but it's also the 365th day since I had a soda of any kind!  I didn't hit my goal of 60 pounds down but I'm officially at 56.4 for the year.  Not too shabby!





Ok now a quick weekend update.  I got off work early last Friday and tried to convince Chris to play hooky and go with me to watch Thor 2 before going to the hospital.  He apparently was either too busy or too chicken (he said he was too busy....booo!) so I went all by myself.  I FREAKING LOVED IT!  Love love love!  I liked it much better than the 1st Thor movie but not quite as much as I loved The Avengers.   The next morning (Saturday) alarm goes off at 5:30, so we get up and head back up to the hospital.  I brought a change of nice clothes since I had to go to a funeral service for a friend's mom later that morning.  After the service, I ran home to brew a pot of coffee and head back up to the hospital.  Saturday night, we had an impromptu Mini Work reunion for a few of us former movie theater employees.  Do you ever have that one job that you just always look back on and love?  The movie theater was that for me.  Now don't get me wrong, I love what I do now but all the stars just aligned or something with the movie theater.  It was a blast and I love all my former co-workers A few of us were able to get together for some drinks and dinner on Saturday night.  I think we would have had a better turn out if LSU wasn't playing Alabama.  Anyway, it was a great night seeing some old friends.  I loved this reunion more than I would my own high school reunion and I think we are going to start putting our heads together and plan a big event one of these days.

Apparently I missed the memo.. Horizontal Stripes NEVER look good.

Sunday we did the hospital thing and since Mr. Bill was sleeping pretty much all day, we left around 2 and got our groceries done and then pretty much collapsed the rest of Sunday until The Walking Dead came on.

How was your weekend?  Did you do anything exciting?  Did you watch Thor 2?  How did you like it, if so?

21 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Mr. Bill. Thinking of you.

    Chris Hemsworth is so YUMMY. I want to see it just for him. I wish Thor was real. I'd totes try and get in his pants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should suggest to hubby to go see it. Trust me, there is one shirtless scene that will be WELL worth the admission price!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Getting back on the workout train is tough, but so worth it. You are awesome!!

    I am not much on Super hero movies, but did like the first Thor (or maybe it was just looking at him....) I'll have to check the second one out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2nd one is much better plus he is shirtless. That alone is worth the price! IMO!

      Delete
  3. They way I figure it is that a some exercise is better than none at all and making even a little effort to eat better is still better than consuming junk food 24/7. That's what I'm currently doing since I'll be in Florida in 10 days and definitely won't be watching what I eat and then it'll be holiday season right after that. As much as I'm looking forward to all of the fun stuff, I wish January would come already so I can get back into my healthy lifestyle mojo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that is definitely one thing bad about the holidays. At least January is around the corner!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the update, I was just about to send you an email! I'm sorry things with Mr. Bill are not going very well. I'll keep him in my prayers, along with the rest of the family.

    Glad you were able to get running again, and with no pain!! That's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking in! Glad to hear you're getting back to somewhat of a routine. Congrats on your fitness anniversary too!

    Thor 2 is on my list to see soon, as well as Anchorman 2. I love The Avengers and can't believe that we have to wait so long for the sequel, but at least we get to see a bunch of individual hero sequels in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do and the trailer for the new Cap looks AMAZEBALLS! Plus we have a new XMen to look forward to also!

      Delete
    2. Ohhh, I haven't seen the Cap trailer yet! It's funny, but I haven't stayed caught up with XMen. I saw the first two, but no individual Wolverine or First Class...it hasn't hooked me like the others.

      Delete
    3. Skip XMen 3 and give First Class a try. It was good! Really good! Skip Wolverine too. I haven't tried the latest Wolverine movie but I do want to see it. Maybe it won't be so bad.

      Did you see the Cap trailer yet?!?!?!!

      Delete
    4. I did! I noticed Black Widow is making an appearance. Does that mean there will be more crossover because of the Avengers?

      Also - did you watch the mini-sode "The Night of the Doctor" yet?? 1 week to go!!!!

      Delete
    5. Oh I do hope so! I love crossovers! (Did you see Thor 2 yet?)

      YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NotD! Omg I actually like 8 now! Squueeee we've got about a whole week of Who to look forward too. Loads of stuff to watch starting next Monday I think! I may be banned on facebook by a lot of my friends for all the D.W. spamming everyone's newsfeeds. :/

      Delete
    6. No, I still haven't seen Thor 2 and I'm not sure when we'll even have time to get to the movies anytime coming up. We've got a lot of busy weekends ahead of us (most importantly next weekend of course!) with plans and holidays and whatnot.

      I don't have BBC America unfortunately, so I don't know what will be going on during the week. We're going up to our best friend's house to watch the 50th on Saturday because he has that channel. Normally we watch it On Demand a few days after an episode has aired. You definitely won't be banned from my feed. You may actually be one of my sources!!

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about Mr. Bill. I hope his recovery is a smooth one. Girl, you freakin rock! Congrats on 1 year and no sodas! That's amazing!! Glad to hear you liked Thor 2 and the Bondi Band. Hope you have a great week! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. It will be a long road for him. So sad to see the decline. It just sucks. No other way to describe it.

      Hope you have a good week as well!

      Delete
  7. I'm planning on going to seeing Thor 2 (without my husband!) next week. I enjoyed the first one far more than he did (gee, wonder why?) so he's happy I'm willing to see it without him this time around. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! - Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry things continue to be so hard I'll be praying for Bill's swift recovery, its hard when elderly relatives health declines, but you have to try and minimise the impct upon your own health.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete