Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekend recap

Doing the weekend recap on a Sunday today because I may not have time to do it before work tomorrow morning!  It's been a crazy, busy weekend here but lots of good stuff going on!

My weekend basically started Thursday after work. I had taken Friday off work since my Uncle is in town from Florida.  Thursday night started with Tennis Clinic.  Had fun as usual and we worked mainly on volleying.  I think I have found my favorite shot every, the drop volley!  Which is basically when you barely tap it over the net in the opposite direction of your opponent and they usually end up spending the next few minutes cursing you out.  Yes, I can totally see that I will love that shot!  (Can't wait to practice it on hubby, shhhh!)

Guess what came in the mail Thursday!?!  My new bondi band!  I love it!  I can't wait to order many more and quite possibly have a giveaway at some point!


Friday, I woke up at normal work alarm time and went out for a walk.  I knew this weekend would be filled with loads of food and fun so instead of hitting the gym or the elliptical I figured I should enjoy the nice weather before it started to turn.  (So glad I did too, more on that later..)  I think I managed about a 71 minute walk.  After that, I showered and got ready to go.  My parents, uncle and I planned on spending the day Friday driving around the state and visiting relatives both live and dead.  We got to see a lot of people and had really great visits with them.  We also spent some time trying to find other family members that weren't with us any longer and located a few of them.


Uncle, Dad and mom
Some of the graves were very interesting.  I think the earliest one I saw in the cemetery was from around 1833.

We drove back home and Chris and I ended up spending the rest of the night just hanging out.  We bought "The World's End" and drank a couple of beers and enjoyed the movie thoroughly.  I managed to snag the best picture ever of Chris and Doyle.   I totally see the resemblance in each of the pics!  (Doyle is nekkid after all..)


Saturday, I woke up to the sound of rain.  I was planning on getting my 50 minutes for Doctor Who's 50th in by running.  I went ahead and decided to just try on my street to do it.  I made it all of a mile and the wind/dampness just got to me.

 
So I went back to the house, dried off and then decided to head to the gym.  I hate the fact that I can't get the gps on my phone to connect in there, so I just opted to do a solid 50 minutes on the elliptical at that point.  I did get it in and watched the end of 10s reign and a few minutes into the beginning of the 11th Doctor.


After the gym, went home, showered, made grocery lists and donned my Doctor Who attire and went to the stores.  Chris and I also went to Academy (needed more protein powder), when the unexpected, most awesome thing ever happened.  We stumbled upon these.  Chris immediate snatched up Batman and convinced me that I should totally get a Superman one.  He didn't have to twist my arm too hard, ya know.  So now our tennis doubles team  name is totally going to have to be "The Justice League".



We got home just in time to start the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special.  It was amazing.  Loved it!  Here's what I posted on my fb page after.


After the episode, we headed to my parents house to visit for a bit more with my uncle and watch a little LSU Football.  Sorry Johnny Manziel and Aggie fans out there, but we NEEDED this win!

Chris and I went home after the game and we crashed.  Now I'm just about to be off to go do some more family visiting in NOLA for the day and then zombies tonight.  Hope we get more Daryl and less Governor tonight!

We have a pretty busy week ahead of us and not just the normal Thanksgiving stuff too.  Chris's bday is Tuesday and our anniversary is Wednesday!  9 years of wedded bliss!   I've been on the great PS4 hunt for a few days now.  Our present to each other.  :)  Ahh so romantic!

Here's another cat picture to end the post! :)



How was everyone's weekend?  Do anything fun or run any awesome races?!  Tell me about them!

14 comments:

  1. Crazy busy weekend here, just had a morning at Magic Kingdom followed by an afternoon at Hollywood Studios - my FitBit clocked 7.8 miles so far today! Sounds like you had a very busy and fun weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh 7.8 miles! That's outstanding! Hope you are enjoying your trip! Can't wait to read about it!

      Delete
  2. Great job getting that 50 in after a miserable start! Blah! Sounds like a fun visit with your family too. I like going through old gravestones. We've been in a few recently (either on a hike or at a craft fair) and I think the oldest we could read was early 1800s. However, that same field on our hike was a family cemetery and they had some SO old and so small that you could barely read what print had been on them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, there were a couple of gravestones like that too. Fascinating stuff.

      Delete
  3. Your cats are adorable! The name of your tennis duo? Epic. :)

    Got in my 50 minutes of Doctor Who shanangians walking around a mall and shopping! Hope that counts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recorded the special and watched it last night. It was fantastic! I'm behind on catching up on the season's, I'm just starting with the 11th Doctor now, but I still enjoyed it and can't wait to be all caught up and meet the new Doctor in December! Good for you for excercising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in for a treat with Matt Smith's episodes! I'm just now on rewatching those while at the gym!

      Delete
  5. Wooo! Great recovery from the rainy run! I don't know if I would have stuck it out for even the one mile. I also loved the 50th. I think it was incredibly well written, although I was expecting more feels. Usually Moffit has me bawling my eyes out by the end of an episode. I did my Doctor Who 50th 5k Run on saturday (although I rounded up to four miles.) I was going to try for 50 minutes like you, but after that run, I was totally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg, yea, I LOOOOVED the 50th too. I think I cried more in An Adventure in Space and Time than I did in the 50th, but it's all good. Do you know, I rewatched the ep last night and then I'm going tonight to watch it in 3D also. I actually did tear up (especially at the very end. oh my at the very end!) the second viewing!

      Delete
  6. I was hoping for some Daryl time last night too, but it didn't happen! Hopefully for the mid-season finale we'll get a little of the prison people.

    That picture of Chris and the cat is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete