Wednesday, November 27, 2013

W.I.W. and a Happy Anniversary to the Skinny Geeks!

Weigh In Wednesday

Good morning everyone.  Let's get this out of the way................


Womp womp.  No change this week.  Same number as before (which is also California police code for a murder, in case you didn't know!)  See, I try to educate my friends too.

I'm slightly disappointed but I really have no room to complain.  This weekend was filled with family and lots of visiting and food (and maybe more than a few beers) so the fact that I stayed the same is really a miracle. 

************

Today is Chris and my anniversary!  9 years!  I can't find any pics from our wedding (mostly because I hate them, or I guess I should say, I hate how I look in them.)  So one of these days I definitely want to have a re-do and maybe renew our vows and have proper wedding pictures.  Until then, here's a couple of candid shots over the years.

Last month

One of our first dates.  We were so young (and skinny)!



We don't have too much planned this time around.  We may go out to dinner and a movie this weekend.  (Or if we can finally get our paws on a PS4 on Black Friday, then I'm sure that is what we will be doing all weekend long!)  Such a romantic life we lead!

Speaking of Black Friday, do you guys go out and hit the stores?  We don't usually but since we are on the prowl I think we will hit Best Buy for sure.  Maybe a couple more, it just depends.  I really want to try to get as much shopping done this weekend but I think most of it will be done from the comfort of my house and in my jammies. 

My mom and I stopped in Target yesterday and I found some great and really cheesy things that I must have.
Epic kitten leggings!

T-REX on an Ugly Sweater!


Are you guys ready for Thanksgiving?   What are your plans?  I'm trying to just be sensible and if I want something, I will eat it but just in moderation.  My main plan I think is to not overeat.  I will get a small amount of everything that I want.  Thanksgiving is only one day, plus hoping the exercise will off-set some of the damage.

We have had so much going on this week that exercise has definitely been on the back-burner for me, but I am determined that I will get my own Turkey Trot in tomorrow.  It's supposed to be really, really cold here. 25º!  That is REALLY unusual for us this time of year.  So I'm slightly freaking out about how I'm going to do this.  I am definitely planning on layering but I don't have any long pants, just capris.  I do have my normal, everyday compression stockings and then I may put some knee-high socks on as well.  I'm thinking at least 2 shirts and a sweatshirt over the rest and earmuffs, hat and gloves.  I don't know how you guys up North do it!


No cat picture in this post.  They haven't been doing anything cute the last few days.  So here's some pelicans that were outside Middendorf's Restaurant this past weekend.


If you are traveling, stay safe.  If you are staying at home, enjoy spending time with the ones you love!   Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!




22 comments:

  1. couple of things:
    firstly any week that isn't a gain is a success in my book.
    secondly Happy Anniversary!
    thirdly if you don't buy the jumper with the dinosaur I'm not sure I'll ever beable to forgive you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!
      1. Thanks! I think so too!
      2. Aww thank you!
      3. You are right, I will get it it this weekend. It is too much awesome to be contained in that one sweater! I must own it!

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! I fully appreciate November anniversaries (I got married on 11/12/11).
    Nice work on NO GAIN. Hey, it's not a loss, but this time of year NO GAIN is better than GAIN!
    I want the T-rex sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

    My husband pre-ordered the PS4, so he actually has been playing it for a few weeks. He is in love. I on the other hand, just can't do it. I'm a sidescroller kind of girl. Bring back the original nintendo!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart man! We should have done that too but Chris wanted to wait and see if there were any bugs. Ugh, now we can't find ANY!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary-- and a maintain is better than a gain!! PS - please tell me you got those INSANE kitten leggings, what a showpiece! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! We celbrate thanksgiving in October here in Canada! Have a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I don't like crowds so I don't do Black Friday. My husband wants to go to Lowes to get this vacuum he's been eyeing. Kmart has a BOGO on shoes Thurs-Sat so I'm going to hopefully get my boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! No gain is awesome, especially for a week with some indulgences in it. We're spending Thanksgiving lunch with my husband's extended family and then he & I are eating dinner at Be Our Guest for my birthday/Thanksgiving celebration. Num Num!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both!!

    My family is not doing a traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year. Instead, my Step-Dad is making some homemade pizza, and I'm baking a Pumpkin pie cheesecake. I am actually OK with it, since I didn't want to overeat a ton and I think I would have if there was turkey, potatoes and the works. :)

    I'm doing a Turkey Trot tomorrow morning and hoping the ice is gone by then!

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a perfect day, turkey or not! You too and thank you!

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary! Staying the same is MUCH better than gaining, especially if you indulged a little this week!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!! Y'all are a great looking couple! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!! I love the pics of you guys.

    Have you gotten your hands on a PS4 yet? I refuse to leave my house for anything today. Well, unless it's on fire. Then I'll leave. But nothing else! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      No, sadly we have been to Best Buy 4 times in the last 2 days. Ugh! I'm about to head to my moms to get some leftovers and then I may run by Kohl's before the game comes on. Other than that, I'm done for the day! :D

      Enjoy your long weekend!

      Delete