Friday, December 27, 2013

2013 in review

If you ever want to give yourself a laugh, be sure to look at the prior years resolutions!   I know for me it's sorta laughable.

So, how did I do?  Let's break them down....

Health and Weight Loss
  • GOAL: Track every thing I eat and exercise in My Fitness Pal for 365 days  (Technically, this is a win, I did hit my streak of 365 days, but around the 390 mark it all went to shit.  I didn't "officially" run the Jan 1st to Jan 1st goal though) I'll give myself 1/2 point here.
  • WISH: To lose 70 pounds this year  (HA!  What was I thinking?!  I did lose 50 or so, but that's from the beginning.  My first January weigh in was 225.6.  My last December weigh in, last week was 195.0.  30.6 pound total.  Which isn't bad, but no where near where I was hoping.  I admit that 70 at the time would have put me at my goal weight and honestly, that was aiming just a wee bit high.  No points for Desiree' here.
Fitness

  • GOAL: Finish C25K and continue to run at least 3 times per week  1/2 point because I did finish C25K but various injuries and other life crap put the kaboosh on consecutive running.
  • WISH: To run at least 4-5 5K’s this year  (5K #1 , 5K #2 , 5K #3) I would have hit that had I not had the Achilles pull for the Zoo Zoom
Blogging and such

  • GOAL: Post at least 5 times per month.  It really helps keep me honest and accountable Aha!  Finally a goal that I managed to nail!  The lowest post count month was June and that was only 7 blog posts!  A Point and a virtual cookie for me!
Personal
  • GOAL: Eliminate as much debt as possible  If by debt, you mean, get more, then we won!!  Thanks to the stupid fridge breaking.  Ok so this may not have completely gone our way this year, but we do have a pretty accurate handle on things now.  Hoping that next year will be much better in paying of debt!
  • GOAL: Read at least one book per month.  (I go through phases where I read vicariously for a month or two and then go several months without reading something.   I want to do better with this.)  Womp womp.   A nice total of only 5 books was read last year according to goodreads.  0 points. 
So, my last year wishes/goals didn't quite go my way but I wouldn't call 2013 a major disaster!  I did happen upon some pretty major milestones throughout the year!

ONEderland!!!!!  and 50 pounds gone milestone!

I may not have hit all my goals, but I'm pretty damn proud of all that I did manage to accomplish!  I've learned a whole lot about myself throughout the year also!  I am so much stronger than I ever believed and not just physically but mentally as well.  I've fought off laziness, my very own blerch, mental walls and come out the victor. 

Here a couple of pictures from throughout the last year.



















22 comments:


  1. Aww! What a wonderful post! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find myself hoping for more... and it causes me to fail. Not you though! You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! Still not completely as happy with what I wanted to accomplish but you are right, what I did do, it was pretty amazing! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. I had a goal to read more books but unless comics count, I failed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yea, I need to do better in the reading department this coming year! Yea, I've even been slacking in the comic area too.

      Delete
  4. From my view on the couch, I think you did awesome! Keep up the great work. I think I need to set a goal for this year to get organized and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mardesia! You can do it! The hardest step is the one out the door!

      Delete
  5. I'd say you did pretty dang good, Des!

    Here's to continued success in your journey through 2014. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome! Congrats on your weight loss this year! I would give you all points for at least attempting all that you've done this year!

    Good luck in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeSha! I'm looking forward to 2014! Happy Holiday to you and yours!

      Delete
  7. I'm catching up through BlogLovin...I've been avoiding my own blog and trying to prepare myself for the new year. I've finally got my family on board with clean eating, and making EXTREME changes to the way we live. I'll be blogging it the whole way. Anyway, about you and this post...this is awesome! You have had some great successes and think about the people, including me, that get strength from you just by following your own journey! I am proud of you, and hope that you keep it up! Here's to the new year! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dina! 2014 is gonna be a good year for us, I just know it!

      Delete
  8. Excellent recap! I think you'll totally crush 2014 if it's anything like how well you did in 2013. Plus, now we know each other and I'll kick your butt when I need to (and expect you to do the same)! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha absolutely! We have each others back and that's part of the journey! If you see me slacking, I give you permission to totally kick my butt virtually!

      Delete
  9. Dude, zero points granted when you lost 30+ pounds?!? That is an AWESOME accomplishment!!! Who cares if it wasn't as much as you were aiming for, when it's 30 pounds you'll never see again? I think you should be VERY proud of that accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh! You are right! And yes, I am! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  10. Awesome job Desiree! 2014 should be just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you did great! I'm stealing this goals/wishes idea! Thanks and keep up the success this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bridgette! Steal away and keep up the good work yourself!

      Delete