I've been thinking about it a lot lately anyway. The scale hasn't really moved in a long time and I know that bad habits have started creeping back in, not to mention with the holidays and the whole shebang there. So I figured that I would give myself a last "hurrah" of sorts on Christmas but back at it 100% starting today. I'm paying for that last hurrah today too, in that I have an awful tummy ache. Too much bad food, alcohol and then top it all off with Chinese food at 8pm last night. Blerg.
I have 6 weeks and 1 day now until Comic Con. In those 6 weeks I'm gonna focus on really getting back on track and also introducing some new things into the mix. I want to shake things up a bit and hopefully hit my 60 pound loss mark by then.
In my post-Christmas, alcohol-fueled, Chinese food frenzy, I weighed in this morning at 195. Yep. I said 195. There is no typo. I'm owning up to it. I have gained 7 pounds since Thanksgiving. Now, at least 2 pounds of it is hopefully sodium and 2 margaritas and 2 Stella Artois's worth of padding. But even still it's bad enough.
So no more!
Here's my plan of attack. But first, the good, the bad and the ugly according to my Orthopedic Doctor and the Physical Therapist. The good - I can use the elliptical til my heart is content. The bad - no more running - or walking as exercise. The ugly - no more tennis. (At least, until I can get properly fitted and assessed for new shoes for both running and tennis). I almost ugly cried about the tennis part. And since Christmas was, um, a bit overboard, I may have to wait a bit until I can get new shoes. So until then, the elliptical will be my bff.
- Stretch - every damn day. I have to do those P.T. approved stretches for my feet. While at work and sitting at my desk, I can use a tennis ball to roll around, sort of like a foam roller but for Plantar Facitiis.
- Elliptical 5x per week at least. I'm actually toying with the idea of doing a streak but not sure. I might. I dunno. Instead of running, or at least until I get cleared to run, I was thinking of trying to do a run/walk/elliptical sort of thing. But then I crave my Sunday pajama days.
- Log my food! I can honestly say without hesitation that around the time I stopped logging everything, I fell back into not caring what I put in my body. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I think even when (if) I ever get to goal and am on maintenance that I have to do this. There is no way around it.
- Water, water water. If you ever see me in the next few weeks, chances are I'll be heading to the bathroom. I've seriously dropped the ball with my water and I think that's also hurting me with eating more than I should. The more water I drink the more full I feel and then I don't think I eat as much. So, water will also be my other BFF.
- Start to introduce other stuff into the mix. I got up this morning and dusted off (quite literally) a yoga dvd and did that for about 20 minutes this morning. I also *tried* to plank for the first time ever.
I'm pretty sure 11 seconds is like the worst time ever. dummiesbeginners?
|Oz is ready for TWD to return. The Box says, Don't open. Cat inside. Or for you TWD fans, "Don't cat. Open inside."|