Thursday, December 12, 2013

Festive Favorites Linkup and Finish the Sentence with Jake & Holly Linkup

FatChick2FitChick

I decided to join this linkup today!  I absolutely LOVE Christmas!  It's my favorite time of year!  I love everything about it, the sights, the smells, the cool(er) weather, being around friends and family!  And I love the search for the perfect gift.  I even love wrapping presents.  I still prefer wrapping instead of gift bags too (plus, we have cats...gift bags never live very long around here without a cat trying to jump into it!)

So here are the questions:

Favorite Christmas Song - O Holy Night


A very, very close second has to be ole Bing and David Bowie though


Christmas song that you can't stand - anything sung by Diana Ross.  I immediate flip it.

Favorite Holiday Movie - Ok I've got so many to list here!  One is another Bing Crosby classic.  I absolutely LOVE White Christmas.  I love it.  A close second would have to be either National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Elf or even my one and only rom com that I adore, Love Actually!  I usually have a marathon each year of these movies and put them on while wrapping presents!

Real or artificial tree - I'd love to say real but we haven't had a real one since we've had cats.  I used to love to go to the Christmas tree farm and cut down our own tree but it's been many years since we've done that.  Cats and sap do not mix!

White or colored lights - both!  I love plain white lights, but I also love solid colored ones too, especially the blue ones!

All matching ornaments or random personal ones - I'd love to say matching, but unless we by a second tree, ours is just a hodgepodge!   We have personal ornaments mixed in with our nerd themed.

Favorite ornaments - A personal Devyn made one and then Chewbacca the Wookie!



Angel or Star tree topper - Star, but we have gone with a Yoda tree topper before and it was awesome until the cats broke it!

Does Santa wrap his presents or leave them unwrapped? - When Devyn was little, we wrapped but with separate wrapping paper that wasn't used for anything else but Santa!

Favorite Childhood memory - Totally tricking my cousin into telling me what I was getting when I was 7!  I promised her that I would tell her what we got her if she told me first.  Well, I broke my pinky promise as soon as I found out I was getting Star Wars characters!

Coffee, Hot Chocolate or eggnog - Coffee and Hot Chocolate, H.C. on Christmas Eve night though!  (Coffee if we have to put together presents late into the night!)

Christmas morning at home or do you travel - Christmas is usually a whirlwind.  We start off opening presents at our house, then we would stop by Chris's parents, and then to my mom and dads for brunch/lunch.  Then back when Devyn wasn't driving on her own, we would have to bring her to her dad's so she could spend time with them as well.  Then after dropping her off, Chris and I would go to a movie.

Traditional Holiday Meal or something unconventional? - We usually get a honey baked ham and make all the normal sides so traditional for us!

Personalized photo Christmas cards, store bought cards, e-cards, or “ain’t nobody got time for that”?- Store bought cards.  Although I think last year, I had to go the "ain't nobody got time for that" route!  This year, they are going out though!

*********************************

button
1. My favorite Christmas was…. after I had Devyn and realizing how much fun it was to give gifts instead of just receive them!  I had a blast playing Santa and seeing Christmas through her eyes!
2. The worst Christmas I had…any involving my ex-husband.  'nuff said.
3. That one gift that made me scratch my head and say, “Hmmmm” was…Fondue maker.  Yea, so not me!
4. One year I….went overboard with gifts!  No, that's actually every year!  :)
5. I think the worst gift to give is….clothes.  Really just give a gift card unless you really know someone and their taste!
6. At Christmastime I typically….spaz out several times a Christmas season.  There isn't enough time!  I really need to start shopping sooner then I wouldn't be so stressed!
7. Typically, family Christmas….is pretty fun.  We have a pretty large extended family and spend Christmas eve with them and my cousins all have little ones now so it's so much fun to see them going through all the emotions and frivolity with their children
8. If I could change one thing about the Holiday season….more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas!
9. It is so hard to buy for….my mother-in-law!  I literally struggle with this every year!  Chris is no help with suggestions either!
10. My favorite Christmas tradition is…watching Christmas movies while wrapping presents
11. Santa, baby, bring me a ….winning Powerball ticket. (me too)





11 comments:

  1. I LOVE Bing so much. I may or may not have a Bing christmas album and white Christmas is definately one of my favourite films, I have been known to force friends who have never seen it into viewings (occasionally these viewing have taken place in July).

    And last but by no means least, your wookie ornament is awesome, love chewbacca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I adore Bing too even if he was a schmuck in real life! I prefer to remember him as he was in all the movies! I love that you watch it in July too. I, may or may not, have done that myself!

      Delete
  2. I, too, am a HUGE fan of White Christmas. 'Snow' is my second favorite song in the movie, "sisters" is my first favorite. Every Christmas Ever (since I still live at home), my parents and I always watch it after having Christmas Eve dinner. We've seen it so many times that we practically know it line by line know. I'm always so amazed at the dancing and how high they can kick their legs!!

    Also, I also love having a Christmas movie marathon day as I wrap Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I know it line by line too! The movie is just perfection! Bing, on as always and Danny Kaye too! Rosemary Clooney's voice is just golden! Vera-Ellen is just GORGEOUS! And her waist is so tiny! She is a beautiful woman and I love to watch her dance!

      Delete
  3. totally agree with the time between thanksgiving and Christmas...Halloween and Thanksgiving should be swapped..thanks for linking with us and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just you when it comes to Christmas--love, love, love it! And I agree...Love Actually is my one and only fave rom com as well! We just watched it last weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Love Actually. I think they're a must for me every Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was really fun! Christmas is my favorite too!! My favorite movies are Elf, Christmas Vacation and Scrooged. Don't hit me, but I've never seen Love Actually. My cousin looooves it, but it's just been sitting in my Netflix queue gathering dust and she asks me every year if I've seen it yet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading this, new to your blog. I love a real tree, we got our first this year. I can't wait to have more traditions as our little guy grows, he's 2 now. This christmas will def be a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song too! I do like the Josh Groban one, but my favorite is Celine Dion's version. I just love her voice. :)

    I love Elf too, and Home Alone! Haha.

    What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete