Monday, December 16, 2013

Non-update update

Hey quick drive by post to update as to what has been going on with me!

Which actually is that there really isn't much to report.  I did have a follow up Doctor's appointment on Friday about the tendonitis and Plantar Faciitis issues.  The good news is that the tendonitis seems to have completely gone away!  Now for the bad, the P.F. is here to stay it seems.  In fact, I got a steroid/cortezone shot in the ole heel and it still hurts even 3 days later!  I only did my left foot since at the time it seemed to be the worst off and now having the lingering pain from the shot, I'm really glad that I didn't get them both done at once.  Per the doctor's orders, I did bare minimum movement this weekend.  (With the exception of Christmas shopping.. had to do that!)


I did manage to get quite a lot accomplished though! All the shopping is DONE with the exception of a few more stocking stuffers any anything impulse-buying.  I got all my Christmas cards done and mailed out.  And also managed to get nearly everything wrapped that I had.  I've still got a couple more orders coming in from out of state that I'm waiting on but just getting those huge tasks crossed off was a major relief.

I celebrated.

Then met up with mom and aunt and we went looking at a few Christmas lights.
Check out the leg lamp in the window there!

Yesterday while I was finishing wrapping presents and doing Christmas cards, Chris and I had a Christmas movie marathon.


And because I'm trying to keep this honest, I really feel like I still haven't found my grove back, well since November really.   I know we've had a lot on our plates this year, but it just sounds like one big ole excuse after another.  I know I will get back to it, but wanting to and actually doing it are 2 very different things.  I know that I'm starting to slip so I've got to find some time here and there, to at least not spiral out of control.  I am hoping that the foot pain is temporary and that I'll be back to 100% soon.  Oh, also should mention that I'm lining up Physical Therapy for the P.F.  So that will be something that will hopefully help.  In fact, I need to call about that asap.

Alrighty well, it's not much of an update, but it is something I guess.  I hope you are all doing well and trying to stay ahead of the Christmas crunch!


24 comments:

  1. As long as you recognize you've lost your groove, then you can move forward. Once the foot pain is gone, I have no worries, you'll be back, as strong as ever.

    PS, love all those Christmas movies! Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you, Des! I weighed-in this past Saturday 8.2lbs up since the Saturday before Thanksgiving. EIGHT POINT FREAKIN' TWO in a month!

    I've used the excuse that I had to take a break from running to rest, strengthen, and stretch my hips and IT band, but I start running again on Wed. NO MORE EXCUSES!

    Glad to hear your tendonitis has gone away! I can't imagine getting a shot in my heel. Yowzers! I hope physical therapy will help with the P.F. issues you have going one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm terrified of the scale right now. I know it will not be pretty!

      Ya, Hope so too with the PT. Got my first session scheduled for Monday.

      Delete
  3. I Lost my grove over the summer, having more fun things to do, the goal seeming so far away and now having a deadline (like a wedding to go to). And being sidelined due to injury made things worse. It took me a while to find it again. But I agree with shannon, I have faith you'll find your feet again. As long as you don't put weight back on, a wee break might do you good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe your groove and my groove ran off and are drinking margaritas at the beach. I suspect they're in cahoots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha My groove would MUCH prefer being on the beach and drinking Margaritas for sure! Ah well, maybe once we get them back we can enjoy a margarita but only after working out first.

      Delete
  5. Goodness I'm sorry to hear about your foot - I really hope the therapy helps! Love your Christmas movie marathon...seeing Die Hard in your mix made me giggle! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yea, I always insist on a Die Hard viewing because it totally is a Christmas movie! :D

      Delete
  6. Those Christmas lights are amazing!! And boo to the foot issues. I hope you're feeling better soon! And believe me--I know it feels like you're making excuses, but those are seriously legitimate excuses. Mine often consist of "well I really should do this load of laundry and bake cookies instead of work out" when neither of them need to be done, lol...so you'll get back to it! Don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah trust me all my excuses aren't necessarily legit either lol Hope so!

      Delete
  7. OUCH does not sound like fun. I know it is difficult and so easy to slip into old ways but WAIT look how far you've come and all you've overcome!!! YOU CAN DO THIS, it may take time and you may have to change the way you exercise, but don't give up. Do chair exercises. Floor exercises and don't binge this holiday.
    I'm preaching to myself here too ;)
    Hope that foot gets better!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you are right, Dawn! I just need to find other things that I can do in the meantime! Now that shopping is out of the way, hoping to get back to a more "normal" routine!

      Delete
  8. I hope your foot heels, suck to have a injury when you want to exercise :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your foot feels better soon! I've had some struggles with plantar fasciitis as well. It's better (but not gone) with lots of stretching and never being barefoot. Hopefully your PT will be able to help! - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yea, I really am not liking the PF. Stretching does help, and the frozen water bottles after. I need some new shoes too actually so maybe that will help as well.

      Delete
  10. Yay pt buddies!! I hope we both get our groove back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay PT buddies!! Here is to us getting better and getting our grooves back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is the time of the year where a lot of people kinda fall out of their routines. You'll get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey hope you are back to running soon.
    Great update and I think that leg lamp is sorta cool.
    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete