Sunday, December 1, 2013

November recap and December Plans

Hey guys!

I was looking back over the numbers and it appears that November was one of my worst months throughout my journey.  I know we had a lot going on with Mr. Bill's declining health and also with family coming in and then of course, Thanksgiving.  But, as of right now, I'm determined to make December much, much better.   We had loads of eating out and many days where exercise was just non-existent.


About the middle of the month things seem to be back on track at least until Thanksgiving week.  I had made a promise to myself when I first started that I wouldn't go more than 2 days in a row without some sort of exercise and I really dropped the ball on that.  On the plus side, I did start running more regularly again.

In looking at everything, it seems like all I did the entire month was gain and lose the same amount of weight.  In fact, I'm at a +.8 which, I think, is the first time I've gained and not lost at least some since I started a year ago.



The weight loss has started to stall again and it just seems like all my body wants to do is hold onto this fat.  I am so so close to losing 60 pounds that I will make that my ultimate goal this month.  As of last Wednesday's weigh in, I need to lose 2.6 more pounds.  Since everything has completely stalled out I'm hoping that goal will be attainable.

I've also decided (in talking with some friends) and especially since my Plantar Faciitis isn't completely healed yet, that I better back down on my running streak.  I may pick it back up again next year when I'm *hopefully* closer to or at my goal weight.

Now for the December plans/goals:
1. Lose 2.6 pounds
2. 1800 exercise minutes
3. Run 3 times a week
4. Possibly sign up for the Gingerbread jog 5K

Easy peasy?! I hope so.

We've got a pretty busy day planned.  I'm currently working out our grocery list and meal plans for the week and then off to knock that out.  Chris and I have a court ressie for 12 noon to practice. And then in between is just a little house cleaning and some laundry.  Thankfully I did most of it on Friday so there isn't that much to do.  And if I have time, I'd like to put some Christmas decorations up.  We need a new tree, because, well cats.... and I need a new outdoor wreath.  Last years heat wave and the fact that my house faces to the east in the afternoon, had the sun pelting down on my old wreath and it completely faded.  Not sure if we will get the tree up today or not.  (It depends on how expensive they are).  And then of course tonight is the mid-season finale.  I hate the lull on Sunday nights after TWD ends and before Game of Thrones begin.

Daryl better not die, just sayin'.
December Exercise Minutes - 60/1800 (Pre-logging tennis for now, it may be more and if so, I'll adjust it later)

What are your plans for December?  Do you have any concrete goals?

16 comments:

  1. What are you using to make those calendar thingies?

    Ps. Great goals, I know you will rock them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's actually a screenshot through the app/website that I use to track some exercise with called endomondo. It syncs with My Fitness Pal. (The 3rd pic is from MFP)

      Delete
  2. Whoops! Guess I should have read this post before commenting on that last one. If your PF is bothering you, the streak is definitely not a great idea. I think your goals look good and are totally attainable! Go get 'em, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are such an inspiration. I just found your blog and I am excited to follow along on your journey, you look fantastic. Big kudos on your December goals, I am rooting for you! Having a plan is the first step - you got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! Going to check out your blog now too!

      Delete
  4. Great goals! I think you're making a good choice letting the PF heal. I find that I just can't run back to back days or I get injured (that's how I got my achilles issue that still tweaks every now and then). You're doing great and you had a LOT going on last month, just keep on plugging away and making good choices and you'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be too hard on yourself, you've got this :) you have some great December goals and I have full confidence that you will achieve them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! November and December are HARD months for weight loss. My goals for December are just to stick with what I've been doing....lots of thoughts bouncing around in my head for December goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's smart to let your feet heal, rather than continue with the streak! I've never participated in the running streaks for that very reason--I'm afraid of getting injured.

    The Walking Dead was a good one, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!

      Yes, yes it was! So ready for next year so it can return again!

      Delete
  8. My goal is simple, to try and make it to the gym more. I don't have a set number of days or anything but so far this month I've been once which is a start!

    ReplyDelete