Saturday, December 28, 2013

So glad it's the weekend!

Morning everyone! 

I'm sitting here and enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee.  It's yucky, cold and raining here in South Louisiana so the coffee is definitely hitting the right spot!

Be sure to go check out my pal, Hilary's blog, Getting through Life: One Day {And One Mile} At A Time!  She's giving away some Energybits!

I'm feeling so much better now that Christmas is over with.  I feel like I'm starting to get back on track with not only logging my food but hitting the gym.  I'm definitely missing tennis and actually missing running too, believe it or not.  (I have such a love/hate thing going with running!)  But, the elliptical is working out very nice especially being able to be indoors in such yucky weather - that and being able to watch Doctor Who helps too!

Up to the Matt Smith eps.  S5 E2!

Snickerdoodle protein shake - FTW!

I'm starting to feel "fluffy" hoping some butt kicking in the gym will help un-fluff

On a sad note, my Fitbit flex band bit the dust, so Chris and I went and picked up some more bands at Best Buy.  But, the plastic clasp on these extra bands is turning out to be a piece of crap.   See that little sticky-outy part there? Yea, when that breaks, the whole clasp is done for.  I'm on my 2nd plastic broken clasp and only have one intact one left after this.  I'm thinking of writing a sternly worded letter to Fitbit about this.  If you have the Flex and have the extra bands, have you guys had any problems like this? 


Hmm this post sorta has been all over the place!  Sorry about that!   Guess I do need to wrap this post up.  Gonna try to pry hubby off the Playstation for a bit for us to get the groceries knocked out. I already hit the gym this morning and I'm ready to get showered and change into my jammies already and it's not even 12:00 noon yet!  But shower then groceries first.  Then jammies!  :)

Have a wonderful weekend, friends! 

10 comments:

  1. I really considered putting my jammies on straight after my mid-morning run and (brutal) ice bath. I'm trying to hold out until post-dinner! I LOST my fitbit flex. :( I think the band thing unsnapped itself when I was schlepping back and forth between my two offices (a temporary situation). I'm probably going to buy a fitbit force, but I'm not sure yet. Sorry those replacement bands stink. I would have thought they'd be exactly the same as the regular bands. Great job getting to the gym today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you get the Force and if you like it. The clock feature was the one thing that I wish it had when I bought the flex.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for mentioning my giveaway! :)

    I pretty much stayed in my jammies all day Saturday. I did some cleaning, then showered and put new jammies on before doing some meal prep. I never even left my house. Lol

    You're lookin' good, lady! But, I understand the 'fluffy' feeling. I'm right there too. We'll get back to feeling great again once the Christmas bloat wears off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome!

      Yea, I just "feel" bigger than I was. So we definitely need to un-fluff! 2014 is our year!

      Delete
  3. congratulations on getting back into the groove of things (I've not quite managed that yet) and fluffy is such an apt word for the feeling thats left with all these induldgencies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the "unfluffing" is going well so far! I'm in need of some myself. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Today was a catch-up day for me. Got the blog back on track, catching up on others, organizing around the house a bit and cooking a massive batch of crock pot chili before the Patriots play in an hour.

    That's really annoying about your Fitbit band. I would definitely shoot them off an email or something. You never know, they might send you a band or something for your troubles.

    Enjoy your jammies and the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I had P.T. this am and now I'm playing catch up on much-needed housework. But I'm totally ready to get my head back in the game full time. Working on a new post about my goals/wishes for next year.

      Delete
  5. Putting on jammies at noon sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete