Monday, December 9, 2013

Update

Hey guys,

This has really been an exhausting week.  Draining, I guess, is a better word. 

The entire week seemed to have went by so fast.  There was something that needed to be done just about every single day, whether it be gather photographs, documents, meeting with funeral people and having the hospice care come and pick up their equipment from the house.  I ended up taking off work both Wednesday and Friday to see what I could help with.  Chris took the whole rest of the week off so he was pretty much there all the time helping his mom and brother gather everything that they needed to.

We had a small service for Mr. Bill on Saturday and it was a good turnout.  More people than Chris, his brother David and their mom expected and I'm glad for that.  We spent the time reminiscing and telling Mr. Bill stories with everyone.  It was perfect and exactly as he would have wanted it, we think.  After that several of us went to his favorite restaurant, Piccadilly, and ate dinner. 

***********

As far as a diet/exercise update, well here goes.   All I've done was log into My Fitness Pal this week just to keep my streak up.   I have not entered any food for the week, nor have I done any exercise whatsoever.  I'm starting week 2 of December with a big ole fat 0 exercise minutes.   To say I've had a bad week, is a serious understatement.  Not only have I fallen off the wagon, it has backed up a few times just to roll over me. 

/sigh

But... I'm back to tracking today.  I'm going bowling tonight so that will be at least an hour and if I can squeeze in a walk that would be nice too.  And back to the gym/running starting tomorrow.  I can't let last week pull me back down and I know in my head I couldn't have gained all the weight that I've lost back in one week but it sure does feel like it.

***********

Even with all the sad stuff that was going on and that we were dealing with this week, there were some moments of happy too.  I got a start on some Christmas shopping!  Maybe if I can knock it out between this week and the upcoming weekend, I won't be last minute like I usually always am!

The cats decided to help me decorate our new tree.  Let's hope this tree lasts longer than the previous one (their fault too, by the way!)



Our gargoyle decided to get in the holiday spirit as well.


And Mr. Skinny Geek finally got his PS4 yesterday!  


Once we got home and thawed out from standing in the cold and rain for about an hour and a half, I spent the rest of the day snuggled up with kitties.  Yesterday, was a much, much needed chill kind of day!

16 comments:

  1. Love you cats and that the Mr. got his PS4! My husband is a tad obsessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one very happy camper! I will have to try to get up extra early this weekend and get my workouts in so that maybe I can have a chance to play it before he even wakes up! LOL

      Delete
  2. I love that the wagon backed up over you. That's hilarious! But in all seriousness, everyone need a week off sometimes and that is not going to undo all of the good work that you have done. Just shake it off and pick yourself right back up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear you've had a bad week! Here's to hoping this one picks up. And best of luck getting back to exercise!! I always find exercise helps me deal with stressful times.

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have our off days... and week... but what matters is we just keep pushing. You got this. Brush yourself back off and make tomorrow great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that the services went well.

    Don't worry about the eating and exercise. These things happen. :)

    Hop back up onto that wagon and take the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a nice service. :) I'm glad to see you guys have gotten through the hardest week, even with a few positives which is great! And go easy on yourself about the week. It's stressful enough as it is, without worrying about every little morsel and exercise minute. You're back on it and that's all that matters now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a nice service. It sounds like exactly the right kind of way to celebrate his life! And your tree is beautiful; you definitely deserved that relax time with the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. During times like this, almost everyone falls off the wagon. The important thing is getting back, which you'll do (that and having a Christmas decorated gargoyle - that is very important too!). - Jess

    ReplyDelete