Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WIW

Weigh In Wednesday

I wasn't even going to join this link up today but just decided that I needed to.  This blog really helps keep me accountable and I just need to own up to the fact that we had a hard week last week and I made poor choices and now I am paying the price.  I'm sure also T.O.M. that is knocking on the door also has a little something to do with it.   But it is what it is and now I just have to get my butt in gear and move on.

Today's number was 191.  Up 4 pounds. 

I ended up not even exercising yesterday either.  Mom and dad needed some help getting their Christmas stuff down so I went over there and helped them. 

In other news, mom and dad's tree looks great!  


Dad even had to put his Clark Griswold-y-ness to good use and fix the star.


Today's plan is this.  I'd like to at least get a 1 mile run in.  Going to ease back into that with a nice and easy run and (weather permitting) Chris and I may go play some tennis tonight.  If not, then I'll go to the gym for elliptical and weights.  I haven't even stepped foot into the gym in almost 2 weeks.  I was really hoping to at least see the 60 pound mark by the end of the year, but now it looks like that is definitely not going to happen since as of this mornings weigh in that is now 7 pounds away.

So kids, let this be a lesson to you.  When you slack off, you pay the price!  I've got to find my grove again, or get it back, or whatever.  Just like Stella.

Loki and Doyle..... Get a room!

19 comments:

  1. 4 lbs is just a bump in the road! You can do this!! :) I am rooting for you. And you totally have had a rough few weeks, so don't let this get you down.

    The Christmas tree is beautiful, and I love that pic of the cats! They look like they are one continuous cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Yea, bad weeks happen, just need to get back on the ole wagon!

      Yea, the cats are weirdos.

      Delete
  2. Don't let the weight gain throw you. You are getting back to it. Stick to your plan! You've got this!

    Have a fit day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Joy!
    The tree looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been avery tough time in the skinny geek household so 4lbs is nothing. You can get back on track and start kicking but again! You have a plan, now you just need to follow it through. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't sweat it! You'll be back down before you know it! Brush it off, and move on, you can totally do this!

    PS I totally took the plunge and started watching Dr Who! ;)

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winter! You are right! How are you liking Doctor Who?

      Delete
  6. Your TOM is nice enough to knock on the door? Mine just barges right in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaha well, that was me being modest! She's a pretty vile and wicked witch with a B! I may be the only person in the world actively looking forward to menopause!

      Delete
  7. I promise to help motivate you back into your groove, if you'll do the same for me!! We can do this, Des!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oye, it's always hard owning up and moving on. You'll meet that goal soon enough :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh...my Tom and two day conference Made my scale jump four pounds in three days! So you are ahead of me right there! Don't beat yourself up, it's been a rough time lately and it was a mere speed ump in your journey. Keep moving forward....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's important is getting back on track- and you're on top of that! So Kudos to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, Loki and Doyle are so cute!

    Personally, I would have chosen tree decorating over exercising any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I think that was a good choice to have a positive experience and some family time after the tough week you guys had. Good for you, and don't worry about this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reminding myself that long-term weight loss and healthy changes aren't a straight downward line, but a zig-zag. You're (we're) just on a short-lived bump up. I know you've completely changed your lifestyle and have no doubt that you'll turn this around quickly! You're dealing with a lot right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you are still kicking butt. As I type this, MyFitnessPal is telling me on my iPhone that I haven't tracked any items today...more like in the last five months. I wish I had an excuse other than total laziness. And you are still in ONEderland, and that is a good thing. You keep it up. You are human, and are allowed to fall off the wagon...even for a couple weeks. You got this!

    ReplyDelete