Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Eve and New Years Day

Well 2014 is definitely not starting out the way that I had planned!  More on that in a sec.  Now to a quick recap of how the Skinny Geeks spent their New Years Eve and New Years Day!

Before I started my day, I figured that I would go ahead and get the first Weigh In of the New Year out of the way. 


Downward momentum is good!  I'm down 2 from last week but still up 6 since before Thanksgiving.  

NYE started out great!  I had the day off but Chris had to work.  That actually worked in my favor since I can usually get a lot more accomplished around the house cleaning wise while he is out.   But first before cleaning, I had a P.T. appointment.


It was the exact same as the week before, but I did improve ever so slightly with my planks!  So that was something.  The P.T. worked mainly on my left foot since it was giving me more issues than the right.  Then more of stretches, exercises and all that good stuff.

I had thought about going to the gym immediately after P.T. but decided against it since I had a ton of housework I wanted to get out of the way.  I wish now that I had gone since I've been having tummy issues since yesterday.  Oh well, I did manage to get about 5 loads of laundry washed and the house mostly cleaned while watching The Walking Dead marathon until Mr. Skinny Geek got home.


After he got home, we met up with Chris's mom, brother, my mom and aunt for dinner at Coyote Blues!







After dinner, we just went home and rang in the New Year sleeping as usual for us old people!  LOL

New Years Day, I woke up probably around 4:30 am to seeing fur flying and yowling.  Doyle and Oz decided to get into it.  Once I was upright, I realized that apparently I had come down with a bug of some sort. I don't think that it was anything I ate, but I can't really be sure.  I spent all day yesterday curled up on the couch or heading to the bathroom instead of going to the gym.  I'm pretty bummed that Day 1 of the New Year and I didn't get anything done.  Day 2 isn't looking so hot either.  I'm not as bad as I was yesterday but I'm still nauseous and queasy.  (I pinky promise that I didn't do any large amount of drinking either on NYE.  Only 1 beer and a sip of a margarita!)

My view from the couch yesterday.  Doctor Doyle, Nurse Loki and Candystriper Oz looking on.
How is your New Year starting out?  What goals do you have for this year?


26 comments:

  1. Get it girl! 2 pounds is an awesome accomplishment, you will have the other 4 off in no time. Coyote Blues sounds really freaking cool. 2014 is your year girlfriend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always joke that there is nothing like a good stomach bug to help with weight loss!

    The new year is just beginning, we have plenty of time to accomplish our goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No joke! I'm down 2 pounds since yesterday! Not exactly the way I was planning but oh well! I'll take it! :)

      And you are right! Gotta get better first, then back at it!

      Thanks!!!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I am so sorry about the bug! That is NO fun. I hope you feel better soon. And yay to losing 2 lbs--you're getting back on track! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer of a start to the year! I hope things go nowhere but UP from here for you!! Also congrats on dropping 2 pounds this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're surrounded by cats! I hope they kept you warm and comfortable. :)

    My start to the new year doesn't look so hot either. My best friend from out of town goes home next week, so I'm hoping that Monday I can get this ball rolling for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have "the bug." I had it too a couple of weeks ago. No bueno! I'm sorry that you don't feel well! Take some time to get better and then get back at it. You can do it!!

    P.S. Whoever said housework doesn't make you break out in sweat?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you are right, housework should totally count for burning a few calories!

      Thanks much much better today!

      Delete
  7. I hope you feel better soon! I am starting my new years focusing in talking kinder to myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a GREAT idea! I probably should do that as well!

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that you're sick! Sending healing vibes your way. :)

    Nice weigh-in! I'm sure those other couple pounds will be gone soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that nasty stomach thing is really going around! I hope you feel much better very soon! Happy New Year (in a sincere and not sarcastic-because you're sick and probably not very happy just yet-kind of way)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks April! I am much better today. Still going to go a bit easy and eat some boring bland foods, just in case!

      Delete
  10. Oh man I hope teh sick doesn't stick around! My new year is starting with about as much exercise as yours (although not for the same reason.) And after some self defeating thoughts and depression, I have decided that my New Year will not start until Sunday. New week, new year, new fresh start. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg, Feeling much much better now though!
      ((HUGS)) to you. Hoping the depression eases up!

      Delete
  11. Always a bummer to be sick but YAY for improvements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww feeling ill is a bummer! But congrats on already seeing downward movement, that's fantastic!
    I love that photo with all the cats!

    ReplyDelete