Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Louisiana Marathon from a spectators perspective.

I got up bright and early this morning to go out and watch the runners and walkers in this year's Louisiana Marathon!  This was a first for me since I've never technically spectated before but I knew I wanted to show some support for those running and walking today. 

I rolled out of bed and got up and ready around 6am. I should have prepared the poster sooner but I didn't estimate how long it would take me.  I rushed it along and it didn't come out nearly as nice as I was hoping.  Oh well.  I did have help supervising the creative process though. 

Not helpful at all, Oz.  Not one bit.

Mom got to my house and we left around 7 or so.  I was hoping to leave by 6:45 but my fault that didn't happen.  I got to campus and noticed the roads weren't blocked off yet, so we ended up just stopping at the Ag Center and watching from there.  A few of the lead runners had already passed at this point, so we hurried up and parked then went to stake out our spot.  We ended up right on Highland Road at the Ag Center (for those locals who know the area).  Anyway, at this point I will let the pics do the talking.




I got a lot of crazy looks, but mostly people chuckled and went on their happy way

I had several people to cheer for this morning but only ended up seeing just 3 people that I knew.  I may have just missed seeing the others or maybe they saw me and not the other way around!  LOL   Anyway, the weather was nice and I imagine it was much nicer for those running than it was for me.  It was around 50º or so by the time my mom and I got out there and currently it's only 55º so it's still quite cool out. 

I would totally go spectate again, if given the opportunity or maybe next time actually volunteer.  That would be fun too I think!

16 comments:

  1. I love the sign!

    I'm hosting/participating in a Pinterest challenge this year and really want to do one of the signs I have seen on the Humour board....this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had more time to actually decorate the sign but I guess it came out ok! I'll have to think of more ideas later!

      Delete
  2. How fun!! I'm sure everyone, whether they knew you or not, was glad to have you cheering. I know I always appreciate feeling like I have 'fans' as I run past a group. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, from the other side of things, I know I definitely appreciate the support too so I'm really glad that I could do this!

      Delete
  3. You should volunteer! I volunteer for a couple runs throughout the year and I get free stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I'm wanting to volunteer at some races this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg love the worst parade ever. That looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to go to a race as a spectator, now that I know how cool it is to have people cheering along the way. Glad you got to go out there! I'm sure you made the run a little easier for lots of people. - Jess

    ReplyDelete