Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekend/Weekly Roundup

Happy Sunday Morning everyone!

I feel like such a slacker this week.  In between the holidays and being sick, I just haven't gotten back to full steam ahead.  But.... the good news is that my Plantar Faciitis is feeling much, much better. I really think the therapy is helping.  Hopefully soon, I will be able to get back to running and tennis.  But before I get released to do those 2 things, I need to get properly fitted again for running & tennis shoes. 

Also, this week I have been doing much better with my eating and tracking so hoping that the scale will reflect that soon!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this year and I have a ton of stuff coming up in 2014.  Comic Con in February.  My 40th birthday in July and then the Skinny Geeks 10th wedding anniversary in November.  So loads of significant events and I'd really love to be that much closer to my goal by our anniversary for sure. 

Back to the present now though. 


Monday - 20 minutes yoga; 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - 60 minutes Physical therapy (not pictured)
Wednesday - Nothing - sick
Thursday - 40 minutes yoga
Friday - 60 minutes Physical Therapy (not pictured)
Saturday - Nothing - lazy
Sunday - normal rest day

I really have no excuse at least on Saturday for not getting my butt to the gym at least to do the elliptical and weights.  No excuse at all.  Other than binge watching Season 1 of Arrow.


Can you blame me?  Look at this man!  This show is not nearly as bad as it appears.  In fact, as the season has worn on, it's gotten better.  This is a CW show people!   This should not be right!  (Although the CW does have Supernatural....) so maybe there is hope for the network.





And my friends, if you have never watched Firefly (and I highly recommend that you do!), here's your chance and a nice little workout for you if you do!  



If you follow my fb page, you may have seen me post this.  I got quite the chuckle from it!


Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 

31 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Supernatural. Makes me want to pin up posters of Dean in my bedroom......but...that might be awkward for my husband!

    Glad to hear your plantar fasciitis is feeling better. Mine has been flared up for the past couple of days, just resting it, that always helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh me too Amy! Love me some Dean!

      Ouch! Hope your P.F. is on the mend soon!

      Delete
  2. omg I LOVE that napping challenge, that is hilarious! And I am so glad your PF is getting better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yep Love it too! I could ace that challenge! :D

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to hear your PF is getting better! Mine has been super flared up and I have not been doing ANYTHING. I die.. ugh. PS. LOVE arrow, and Love Super Natural :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! Hope yours gets better asap! Are you going to be ok for Tink and all that walking at DL?

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm... Dean.. He's my all time favorite man on TV. :)

    I watched part of season 1 of Arrow and then just kind of stopped. You are right though, his body is amazing and they don't mind showing it to you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second half of the first season starts picking up the pace and it gets better! Stick with it if you get a chance!

      Yes, that is the best part of the show! ;)

      Delete
  5. I've been binge watching Supernatural since the end of summer I think, trying to catch up to the current season awaiting me on the DVR. I didn't realize there were already so many freakin' seasons to catch up on! I think I'm on season 7 now. I love Dean but Sam annoys the hell out of me. And Cas is awesome.

    Nice week and SO happy to hear your PF is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Sam. All the youngsters seems to like Sam better, but I'm a Dean fangirl. Oh and Cass too. He is awesome. Do you follow him on Twitter? Dude is hilarious!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. OMGosh! I SOOOO Binge Watched ARROW this weekend too! I am so trying to find Season 2 SOMEwhere! I am going through withdrawals! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I need to find out how we can get caught up with Season 2. I checked our cable's "On Demand" and it doesn't appear to be on there. :(

      Let me know if you find it somewhere!

      Delete
  7. Hahaha that napping challenge made me laugh! I think I could handle that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arrow? I have never heard of this show and he does look yummy. I have had a nice long break to but it's time to get back to regular life. Good luck to you and your goals for the New Year

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Firefly challenge, although it would be exhausting as often as those things come up! - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it does look to be quite killer! We want to rewatch Firefly before Comic Con anyway so maybe I'll give it a go... maybe!

      Delete
  10. The holidays screw with everyones resolve! I think you did remarkably well for a "holiday" week, especially one where you were sick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on slowly coming back up to steam after the holidays because, like you, I've been sick and kind of dragging. The good news is, it's a new week, and I love that you're listing out what you've done as accountability. Also, now I'm curious about this Arrow show. Sounds like the perfect something to distract me as I iron. ;)

    You're doing great, and you've got a great outlook and attitude. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Yea, it's hard to get back in the swing of things, but we will get there!

      Delete
  12. I love the super shirts in our header, by the way :)
    The holidays, hosting both sides of the family, finding ways to keep the kiddo entertained, and fighting what felt like a martian flu, really put a damper on my working out. I fought my way back last week...

    Cheering you on - - go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanae! Yea, its so hard with the holidays and then being sick on top of it all! Good job getting back on track! We can do this!

      Delete
  13. I've never heard of Arrow. May have to check that out! The holidays are so hard to keep any momentum going. You'll get it back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am listening(Arrow--> a new serial sounds great)
    I hope the post holiday blues go soon, I think we all react differently at different times!
    I am scared of horror stuff though--chick flick sort of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG the napping challenge is hilarious.

    PS: I would probably skip the gym too to watch that hunk on Arrow **drolls**

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of Arrow! Sigh. Well, something else to add to my list to watch!

    ReplyDelete