Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekly recap

Happy Sunday everyone!

I'm FINALLY feeling much better.  I'm probably back up to 95% now which is so much better than where I started last week at.  I stayed home again on Monday but finally it was like a switch went off and by Tuesday and each day after, it's been better each day.

I feel like last week was really good with eating too. I have been tracking every day (even if I go back and forget to close out the day on MFP) and came in at or below my range each day.  I'm trying to eat around 1400 each day just to see how it goes.

Here's how the week looked:

Finally showing a consistent stream of little green men!
Monday - nothing (still sick)
Tuesday - 15 minutes elliptical; 21 minutes strength training
Wednesday - 50 minutes elliptical; 60 minutes physical therapy (not pictured) *officially started Mile Streak
Thursday - 48 minutes walking; 44 minutes walking
Friday - 20 minutes walking
Saturday - 30 minutes elliptical
Sunday - 35 minutes walking

The bad - I didn't do any yoga this week.  And only one day of strength.  I need to work on that a bit more for next week.

The good - 13.9 miles traveled this week.  I know it's not much, but it's more than what I have been doing and I'm proud of it.  Now, next week my goal is to smash that!

The even better - The Streak is working!  It's keeping me honest and accountable I think!




For Meg #megsmiles


This week also had Chris return to tennis lessons after the holiday break.  I think we've decided that we are going to wait until after Comic Con to get my new shoes for both tennis and running.  Oh, my Plantar Faciitis is finally doing much better I think.  I've had a couple of tiny flare ups (the day after a heavy walking day on Thursday) but I really think the physical therapy and the not running/tennis is really helping now. 

In other non fitness related news, we had a good time visiting with friends yesterday and getting our gaming on!  We played some DnD (old school, paper and pen!) and then some Munchkin too.  I think we are going to give Settlers of Catan a whirl next time around!


I have no work tomorrow due to Martin Luther King day so I think I'm going to try to hit the gym early and get a full elliptical/weights session in and then I may go watch a couple of movies tomorrow!

OOH OH OH OH OH AND GUESS WHAT COMES BACK ON TONIGHT FOR US IN THE STATES!!?!?!   (sorry for shouting!... but I'm kinda hyper about it..)



Did you guys do anything fun this week?  Run any races or play any games?  Tell me about your weekend!



20 comments:

  1. WOOHOO on your streak! I tried to start a streak last week and failed miserably after just 2 days. I'm trying again! I'm not going to let a little failure keep me down, ya know? I started yesterday, so I've already got 1 day under my belt. Hooray! Do you have a goal of how many days in a row you'd like to hit, or are you just going to see how far you can go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh! I don't really have a goal set in mind just yet. I think I'm just starting off at 30 days and then we will see from there!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I know you were missing your workouts like crazy. Good job on your streak, too!

    I don't watch Sherlock (DON'T HATE ME!) but I am very excited for The Following to be back this week! If you don't watch that, you totally should. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we do watch The Following too! Good stuff. I have it dvr'ed but haven't watched it yet. I was worried that it was a recap on Sunday. Or was it an actual episode?

      And you TOTALLY should get on the Sherlock bandwagon, fyi... It's really fantastic stuff!

      Delete
  3. My husband is in love with Sherlock! Definitely one of his favourite shows. He's sad it's not on again for another year or so?

    My husband and I both ran #megsmiles! So glad you posted so we could partake.

    PS, glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sherlock is so good! I love it! You should give it a try if you haven't already!

      I'm glad you were both able to run for Meg!

      Delete
  4. Let's deal with the most important things first. This has been my favourite series of Sherlock. (And that's really saying something) and now it's over and I'm once again bereft!!!

    Also you know, woo for feeling better and maintaining your streak that's pretty awesome too ( not as awesome as Sherlock but still not too shabby)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh glad this is a good season of Sherlock!

      Haha thanks!

      Delete
  5. I'm watching last night's episode right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blerg I am watching it tonight! Chris was sick Sunday and went to sleep early!

      Delete
  6. I have YET to watch Sherlock. I have heard such good stuff about it,
    I think your week looks ahmazing. I miss my workouts too..just need to miss it BIG time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHERLOCK! We didn't watch it last night because I have to WORK ON MLK JR DAY every year so that sucks...and I'd be up way too late to function today if I'd watched it. We're gonna go over to my mom's house and watch it tomorrow night...I CAN'T WAIT! Also, love the DnD paper/pen style. That's all we every play! And are those the crit cards, I see? I love those things...congrats on your streak! I am so impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, hoping we can see it tonight. I can't wait!

      Yea, I find it easier to see my spells with those. We had a ton of fun playing with pen and paper! Will def. do that again!

      Delete
  8. I recorded Sherlock and am so looking forward to watching it tonight. YAY SHERLOCK!
    Nice work getting your streak on!
    I love your sign. If I was running and saw that one I would immediately head over to you for a high five. I plan on going out and cheering people on at a local marathon in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I got a lot of positive feedback from it! So glad that I did it and watched the race! Had a lot of fun doing it!
      We are gonna watch Sherlock tonight! Chris got sick and went to bed early Sunday! I can't wait!

      Delete
  9. I had a pretty good weekend which included hanging out with a friend and doing some cosplay crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just recently found your blog, but I love it already! I've just caught up to the end of season 2 for Sherlock on netflix, so now I need to find the first episode. ..

    I have never played DnD on paper, usually just dice and character sheets. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Becka! Yea it was pretty fun on paper too! Sherlock is soooo good! Check your local PBS station! They've been reairing it all week!

      Delete