Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekly recap

Morning folks!

I STILL haven't gotten my tree and Christmas stuff down.  Procrastinate much... yes, I do.  That is next on the agenda (I pinky swear!)

But I did feel like I had a very good week and I just hope the scale reflects that on Wednesday.

Food -  I logged everything this week and came under each day.  I'm still not eating all my exercise calories but I did up my limit to around 1450 and that seems to be working pretty well for the time being.  On heavy exercise days, I have eaten into them some, but not too much.  Overall I'd say last week was my best tracking week in a while.  So that's a good thing I suppose!

Meal planning is there.  Cooking ahead is really hard for me to do but we try to make big enough meals for leftovers.  Plus we did buy some sandwich stuff as filler on the days that we don't have lunches.  I did buy this nifty little dry erase board to hang in the kitchen (once hubby does that..).  So there's no doubt as to what we eat on what day.  (Friday's we usually eat out so that's the reason for the big ?)


Exercise -


Monday - 50 minutes elliptical; 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - 30 minutes elliptical
Wednesday - 65 minutes elliptical; 18 minutes weight training
Thursday - 30 minutes elliptical
Friday - 45 minutes elliptical; 60 minutes Physical Therapy (not pictured)
Saturday - 35 minutes elliptical; 20 minutes weight training
Sunday - 26 minutes walking

The bad - No yoga again.  I've got to find a way to fit that in.
The good - CONSISTENCY! FTW!  This streak is really helping!  No joke!  18.44 miles traveled this week!
The better - I'm finally feeling like I have my groove back, just like Stella.  Exercise doesn't bother me that I have to do it anymore and I'm finally back in that mindset where I was before October.  Now just get me back to running and regular walking for exercise and tennis, then I'll be on top of the world!







I have a follow up with my Orthopedic Doctor tomorrow.  Maybe I'll have some good news there about the Plantar Faciitis.  I'm down to only once a week with Physical Therapy and the P.T. told me the other day that we have a little bit more work to do but I can definitely tell that it is working.  If you have nagging pain, please consider getting some physical therapy, people and do your homework!  It's made all the difference!

As a tiny side note to this, I've decided that I'm going to wait until after Comic Con to get my new running shoes and shoes for tennis.  (If I get green-lit for doing those things..)   

I had fun on my snow day, Friday and managed to get the house clean.  Even decided to go shovel a little snow at some point (don't kill me, Northerner friends!)


Oh and to end this post on a sad note....  My fitbit flex finally bit the big one.  It's not holding a charge at all.
R.I.P. little buddy!  You will be missed!

30 comments:

  1. Aww, RIP lil Flex! Looks like you had an AWESOME week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the Fitbits truly worth the money? I've thought about getting one to use as motivation to keep exercising and tracking. I do have an iphone (4s) however, I will be getting rid of it once my contract expires next year, so will the fitbit work with just a laptop? Please provide useful information!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a big ole post about it back in July but yes, I do think they are definitely worth it! I may have just had a dud. Anything that gets and keeps you moving is a great product in my opinion. Here's a link to the original post. http://skinnygeekwithin.blogspot.com/2013/07/fitbit-flex.html

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about getting the fitbit flex. Do you like it? Will you be getting another one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love mine! I'd totally get another. Maybe the force next time.

      Delete
  4. I adore your snow shovel!
    Where did you get that dry erase board? I showed Hubs the pic and we want one for our own kitchen,
    Nice work on your fitness streak. Rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh sad day about the fitbit! :( I love that "shoveling" pic. Hilarious!!! And DANG good job on the working out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you have really stepped it up! And constituency! That is what I love to read... so, so proud of you. In fact, I am so proud, that I totally don't care that you're Christmas decor is still up, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! (And I FINALLY got the tree and decor down! Now to get hubby to actually put it in the attic now...)

      Delete
  7. Great job on the streaking! Having the dry erase board is going to be a big help I bet. Good luck at the Dr apt! Hope ya hear good news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Desire it looks like you had the perfect week. Wish you could come here get my a$$ moving. Superb. Very VERY good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the decor is up because you are too busy getting your groove on, then it's all good ;)
    Love that the streak is alive!! You need your own hash tag! #streakinDes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ok love the hastag! I FINALLY got it all down. Now if I can get hubby to put it in the attic, then we're in good shape!

      Delete
  10. You are so on point!! I need to take note. I've been tracking my food, however, that doesn't seem to stop me from eating chocolate every night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie! Ahhh chocolate! Why does it have to be so tasty!

      Delete
  11. Awesome week, Des!

    Oh, and I definitely feel like kickin' your butt with a REAL shovel for that spoon picture. We have like a million feet of snow right now!

    I like your dry erase calendar for meal planning. I have a calendar on my fridge too. It helps remind me what's in my freezer/fridge without having to look all the time. (Though it doesn't stop me from checking!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You're killing it Desiree! I started today too! I am truly inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a huge procrastinator, but I had my tree down the day after Christmas... was just not feeling it this year, and didn't want to look at it! lol

    Congrats on all the work you put in! I need to model my behavior after yours! And as far as the Fitbit Flex, I'm so on it come tax time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becka! If you get your flex, let me know how you like it!

      Delete