Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Good morning everyone!

Weigh In Wednesday

I'm joining in with Ash and Heather for their Weigh In Wednesday linkup again!  I'm actually moving back in the right direction even though I'm not quite back to where I was after Thanksgiving.  That's ok though... I'll get there!

Let's go ahead and get that out of the way, I suppose.  I feel like even though I didn't feel like the exercise part was back 100%, I still did much better with my eating and was on target with my calories each day. 

So the verdict is...



Down 2.4 since last week!  So so so happy that the scale is finally moving in the right direction!

I had my very own last chance workout yesterday.  Which technically wasn't any more than what I normally do when I do both weights and elliptical.  But I did only manage 45 minutes on the elliptical.  I started having a little flare up on the P.F. after Bowling on Monday night and my heel felt a little tender.  So I decided to stop before it got too terribly uncomfortable, then just moved on to weights.  I do have Physical Therapy again today so maybe that foot will ease up now too.   I'd hate to have to buy new Bowling shoes now too.  Geez, when does the Plantar Faciitis go away completely?  I'm quite ready to be back to normal again!

After my workout yesterday I made a Snickers Protein Smoothie and it came out great!


*I got this recipe from Katie with Runs with Cookies.

Snickers Protein Shake
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein powder
1 Cup Almond Milk
1 tbsp Caramel Syrup
1 tbsp peanuts
1 tbsp vanilla dry pudding mix
1 tbsp oreo Cookies and Cream dry pudding mix
10 ice cubes


It was so yummy!  It's definitely one of my favorites!

We've had some pretty frigid temps around here.  I know all you Northerners are just gonna laugh at me when you see this but trust me, it's pretty damn cold for us in Louisiana!  We aren't used to this!


And finally, I got my new Tech shirt and my Doctor Who Virtual 5K medal in!  I was so excited!  Ironically it came on the same day that Wizard World announced the best news ever.  Doctor #11, Matt Smith is coming to New Orleans Comic Con!  And just so you can tell how excited I am, I'll repeat.  MATT SMITH IS COMING TO NEW ORLEANS COMIC CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH. EM. GEE!!!!!!!!!!

Today actually is the 30 day mark!  I'm so so so so excited!  I can't believe I'm going to be in the vicinity of a real live Doctor!   I will do everything in my power to get an autograph and as many pictures that I can!



Alrighty guess I need to wrap this up since I have to get to a Dentist Appointment!  Y'all have a great Wednesday!


59 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic loss!!! And I really want to steal that t-shirt, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh I am in LOVE with that tech shirt. I want to wear it all the time! (But I may get plenty of strange looks at the gym if I do...)

      Delete
    2. I bet it would be a total conversation starter at the gym!!

      Delete
    3. I think would be a conversation starter!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, so many awesomes in this post! Congrats on your loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Everytime I think of the con I start to "squee"

      Delete
  3. OH. MY. GOD. THAT IS AWESOME! You're going to be in the same STATE AS A DOCTOR! That is so flipping exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm practically vibrating, I'm so damn excited! I was excited before, but this just pushed it to maximum overdrive!

      Delete
  4. Going in the right direction is good news no matter where you are in your journey! Great job!

    Also, I love how excited you are about the Comic Con stuff and Doctor Who. Definitely take lots of pictures and ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! You are right!

      Haha thanks! Yea, it's a pretty huge deal for me and my nerdy self!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your weight loss!!! You are doing fantastic!!

    That shake looks so good!!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing recipe!

    Louisiana...we have several great friends there and have been there in January. It is cold!! Come to CA to get warm!! :-)

    Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances! Let me know if you do try it and if you like it!
      And you have a wonderful day as well!

      Delete
  6. Love your kitties and the socks that you wear when you weight in. :)

    Where did you sign up for the virtual 5K? I'd be interested in doing one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you an email with the fb group link!

      Hehe thanks!

      Delete
  7. Rock on with your bad self! Congrats on the loss!

    Also, that smoothie looks freaking delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks OCP!
      It was pretty dang tasty, if I do say so myself!

      Delete
  8. Nice loss from last week and OMG that snickers smoothie sounds amazing!! I can't bring myself to drink frozen smoothies when it's so cold out, but I'm definitely bookmarking that baby for when it warms up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm quite the opposite! For some reason when it gets cold out, then I crave cold stuff all the more. Guess I'm weird!
      Let me know how you like it when you do try it!

      Delete
  9. Great job with the weight loss!!!

    And I'm totes going to laugh at you :P. I love LA weather except my hair would never survive the humidity. When I come back I'm on the brink of wanting to shave my head. I'd kill for +23 right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina!
      And laugh away! I know I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold! LOL

      Delete
  10. Awesome loss! You're right northerners will laugh. These temps across the country are insane! Of course I had to get gas when it was -1 yesterday!
    Anyway, that shake sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome loss! You're right northerners will laugh. Great loss this week! Always feels good to have the scale moving in the right direction. That shake sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome loss! You're right northerners will laugh. These temps across the country are insane! Of course I had to get gas when it was -1 yesterday!
    Anyway, that shake sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I can't even imagine moving in that cold of weather much less pumping gas! Brr!

      Delete
  13. Awesome job on the weight loss!!! I knew you'd start to see results with all the work you're putting in.

    That protein shake looks amazing! I might have to try it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! Let me know if you do and if you like it!

      Delete
  14. Wooo hoo!! Great job!

    PS. I'm on season 4 of Dr Who. I'm in love!

    Maybe the Dr. will take you as a new companion ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Winter!

      OOHHHHHH! Yay! So you are on the Donna episodes?! So glad you like it!

      Delete
    2. Not yet. We just left Martha Jones. There is still a hole in my heart where Rose Tyler lives :'(

      Delete
  15. WOOO!! What an AWESOME loss!!

    Ps. I am convinced if Daisy and Loki should model together ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash!

      Yes, they totally should! Loki is fixed, but if he wasn't I'd totally want to breed him. He is the best cat! I <3 him! (The other two are awesome too, but Loki is awesome-r!)

      Delete
    2. <--------------This Midwestern is laughing at you. Sorry, but considering temperatures in Michigan (for yesterday) were -25. I'd take 23 degrees any day of the week compared to the negatives. Today it was a high of 0, which, compared to the last couple of days with negative temps, it felt like a heat wave.

      Delete
  16. Great job girlie!!!! Amazing loss for the week.
    That smoothie sounds delicious and I am definitely going to try it!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm still SOOOOOOOOO incredibly jealous. I can't even handle it. He was the Doctor that started it all for me and made me go back to start at 9.

    Nice loss this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks.. I STILL can't believe it. This is the biggest star (and I'm saying that after seeing The Shatner too..) they've ever had. I am so so so so excited!

      Delete
  18. That is a great accomplishment. I saw a shake at GNC that the guy said was good but I think I would rather make my own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kita, if you are interested, I have a ton of recipes in the "notes" section of my facebook page!

      Delete
  19. Congrats on your progress - you are an inspiration. And that Snickers Protein Smoothie, omg, yum! Definitely going to try that. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! You should definitely check the smoothie out too! It'd delish!

      Delete
  20. You're getting smaller and smaller, looking great and I am sure feeling much better than when you started this journey. Mine has just begun and at times it is very hard. But in 2014 I WILL be healthier and get some of this weight off. THanks so much for the inspiration!!
    The smoothie looks great, only I'm allergic to peanuts as of 2 years ago :( boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words, Dawn! You can do this! I'm rooting for you!

      I've got several other smoothie recipes on my facebook "Notes" page that are nut-less. Check it out when you get a chance!

      Delete
  21. Uh yea, it was COLD for us Floridians this week, too! Kudos on 2.4!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We were freezing over here in Texas too! Congrats on your loss this week and overall. I know how frusrating it can be when the scale doesn't move and you put in the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A) So excited for you about the Matt Smith news! He was the first Doctor I started watching and holds a special place in my heart. I can't wait to see pictures. B) My husband and I were laughing the other day at how glad we were it had warmed up to the 20s here in Omaha. Not something we'd ever imagine seeing as warm as he's from Arkansas and I'm from Merryville (little town north of Lake Charles)! It's amazing how things change. - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! I'm so so hyperactively excited! I can't wait til Comic Con!

      Yea, I guess if I lived up north or more north of where I am now, I guess you do tend to get used to it! Although I am not sure I could ever get used to sub -0 temps!

      Delete
  24. Wow you look great! My sister would sooo love your doctor who stuff :) Thanks for sharing :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete