Thursday, February 6, 2014

1 More Day until Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con!






It's almost time for NOLA Comic Con!    I CAN'T HARDLY STAND IT!!   I am so excited!

This is the first year that we are going the entire weekend!  We've done one day and then 2 days but never the whole 3 days of the con and this year we are staying in NOLA Saturday night too!

There is one sad note to report.  ALL of Matt Smith's photo ops and autograph sessions are sold out.  I'm kicking myself for waiting until the last minute but what can you do.  But, I will do everything within my power to attend his panel and still try to get close enough to get a pic or two. 

I'm going to try to post mainly to my Instagram this year.  Follow me if you want to there!  For some reason the convention center likes to suck my battery life on my cell phone but I will also be bringing a real camera too.  I'll eventually get around to putting up albums from the con up on my personal facebook page and I'll be sure to share a few pics here as well.  

One of the other things I'm looking forward to is taking a new (and skinnier) Tardis pic! 





If you are going, try to find me and introduce yourself!  I think the game plan so far is to wear The Walking Dixon's tshirt one day,  Doctor Who Van Gogh tshirt another and then maybe a Serenity/Browncoat tshirt the 3rd day. 


14 comments:

  1. I would definitely search you out if I was going!!! Sounds like you're going to have a blast. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also waited too long to purchase Matt Smith tickets! :( We will definitely be trying to get good seats for his panel, too.

    Another sad note is that Wil Wheaton had to cancel due to a scheduling conflict. Wil Wheaton was the only reason that my husband wanted to go, so he is super bummed about that.

    I will be wearing my Doctor Who wibbly wobbly, timey wimey shirt. I wasn't going to wear that one at first since it is a reference to the 10th doctor, but since I won't actually be meeting Matt Smith now, I don't think it matters that much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was hoping they'd open up more but we aren't quite so lucky.

      We are also bummed about Wil Wheaton too. I tried to look around on his blog to see if there was a reason but haven't seen anything yet. Maybe he is filming something.

      Delete
  3. You are so cute! Have a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wil hasn't mentioned it publicly, he typically does though....(not that I stalk or anything :/ )

    I'm still uber jealous of your weekend!! I've never been to a Con, I don't do well with large crowds but I imagine if in garb of something I'd feel more confident.

    And you know I will be stalking your IG like crazy!! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you would definitely do better cosplaying I bet! Aren't you in Austin, if I'm not mistaken? If so, y'all should get a good bit of Nerdy conventions up there. :)

      Delete
  5. This is going to be amazing, and I am super excited to live vicariously through you, and I am bummbed that "we" wont't be getting to see Matt Smith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I'll still try to get as close as humanly possible to snag a few pics though!

      Delete
  6. I so wish I could go and get to meet you, also! I hope you guys have an AWESOME time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need lots of pictures, I'm living vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete