Saturday, February 1, 2014

Catching up

THREE HOURS!

I love you guys.  It just took me 3 hours to catch up on blogs.  Y'all are are some wordy friends LOL!    Ah I love you anyway and love to read about your journeys!  Oh, I just remembered that I haven't caught up on the emailed subscriptions....DOH!  Ok more reading to do.  I just did the blogloving people.  

Anyway, it's been a crazy week so the blogs and my own blogging have been put on the backburner but hopefully everything will be back to normal next week.  Eating and working out still have been going good but I haven't even felt like touching a computer lately.  Burnout, maybe?  Maybe I just don't have much to say right now.   What do you all do when the words fail you or you just feel like you don't have much to say?

I'll do a proper recap of the week tomorrow.  I don't think I hit my mile goal but I did still keep the streak up and still going strong even on the days that I didn't want to.

Less than a week now to New Orleans Comic Con!


I'm trying to figure out which shirts to wear.  I think I've narrowed them down to a Walking Dead one day, Doctor Who another day and then the 3rd day is a mystery to me still (maybe Sherlock?).  I'll have to come up with something soon.  Maybe I can buy something one of the days we will be there for Sunday.   No cosplay yet.  Not skinny enough.  Maybe next year... LOL.

Speaking of Who, I watched one of my top 5 episodes this morning while on the elliptical.  "Vincent and the Doctor".


Once again, tears were shed on the elliptical.  Good thing they look like sweat!

Alrighty, hubby and I just started watching "Hannibal" the tv series.  Pretty good thus far!  We are huge fans of Thomas Harris's books and movies (Of course, Silence of the Lambs!)  So we are enjoying this and well, binge watching stuff is just fun.

How's everyone's weekend going?  I'm about to enjoy some wine and maybe liver and a nice chianti.  Just kidding.  (See what I did there?)  flpflpflpflpflpflp

Hmm Loki obviously wants me to get off the computer now and the master has spoken.  Y'all have a nice night!





15 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I have so many awesome blogs I love to follow and I'm hampered by the fact that I work crazy hours Monday through Thursday so the weekend is catch-up! I always find out that I missed something funny or touching or breaking-news related.

    I think you look great! If I waited until I thought I was thin enough to do my running cos-play costumes, I bet I never would! Instead I just wear what I want and if the pictures look awful, I just delete them, haha. I hope you have an amazing time at Comic Con, I've never been to one but I'd love to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm usually about 3 days late to awesome news that someone has posted! UGH hate that!

      Good point and true.. but ain't no way am I ready for a corset or something. I'm thinking Princess Leia with buns on the ears and flowy white dress is the limit of my cosplay ability right this second. Although a friend of mine was thinking of going as Silent Bob and he was going to recruit me to go as Jay. Next year... yes, next year... :)

      Delete
  2. Desiree, great job ! I too am so behind in posting blogs, I am okay reading, but updating my own is a what I need work! Great going with your Workout, Weekends are super crazy for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love reading your posts! I know what you mean about where you want to be at before the cosplay... I love corsets, but they don't really love me... just kind of shove everything out the bottom lol. Not a good look at the moment. I'm hoping to slim down enough to wear my corset for the Renn Faire in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Thanks Becka!

      May would totally be doable! You can do it!

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I know what you mean. I've not written one blog post since last Monday until today. I've barely read any either. I just haven't felt like being on the computer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep been a rough week for me too. Hopefully this week will be better for us both! How are you liking Chuck?

      Delete
  5. I'm jealous you have a Con coming up! My next one isn't until April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a long stretch for you! Hope on a plane to NOLA and come meet me this weekend! LOL

      Delete
  6. I just watched all of that episode for the first time last week. It really was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fantastic episode. I cry everytime Bill Nighy goes onto his speech about Van Gogh and he just tears up. (Tears up my heartstrings too!)

      Delete
  7. I totally understand the catching up! I'm still trying to catch up just from Saturday and Sunday!! I barely touched the computer on either day. The thing that sucks too, is that I try to do them at work in my downtime, but they block some sites (like yours-Blogger especially) and not others. I create a draft of ones I need to read at home just so I can clean up my inbox a little! HAHAHA

    And Vincent and the Doctor is an amazing episode. So many feels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely relate to not wanting to touch a computer. Not that long ago, I probably went a whole month without turning on my computer while at home. It was kind of odd when I thought about it but very refreshing, too.

    I agree, Vincent and the Doctor is a great episode!

    I am definitely wearing a Doctor Who shirt to Comic Con, I just have to decide which one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just now catching up on blogs too...it's going to take a while, but is always worth it. You're doing so well with your streak, so proud of you! and Cosplay next year...it is happening (girl, might I say, you're totally skinny enough for cosplay now...you would look better than like 90% of the cosplayers at gencon....just sayin')

    ReplyDelete