Sunday, February 2, 2014

January and Weekly recap

Wow January just flew by!  Ok lets get this started with the weekly recap first.

Food - I did ok.. that is until Friday and yesterday.  Friday I went out and ate Chinese food.  And every single time I do that, I gain about 3-4 pounds (probably because of the sodium).  Then yesterday Mr. Skinny Geek and I imbibed just a bit too much.  No regrets though.  It's been a rough week.  Just gotta pick up and move on past the 3 glasses of wine and 2 beers.  Today back on track with the food.  Next weekend will be a challenge with eating out but I'll try to do my best.  No way am I not going to NOLA and not eating a beignet though.


Exercise - I did better with that than the food at least.  Even on the Icy days, I still manged to get the elliptical done at home or walking when everything thawed.  Streak is still going strong even though I really, REALLY wanted to skip it on Friday.  I'm glad that I didn't.


Monday - 30 minutes elliptical; 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - 31 minutes walking
Wednesday - 42 minutes walking
Thursday - 65 minutes elliptical; 20 minutes weights
Friday - 22 minutes walking
Saturday - 50 minutes elliptical 
Sunday - 44 minutes walking
 







16.88 miles this week.  Down less than 2 from last week. 

The challenge with the streak is going to come next Saturday.  We decided not to stay overnight in NOLA on Friday.  We are only staying the Saturday night.  But that morning we are going to get up and leave our house by around 6am so we can get there early, eat breakfast at Cafe Du Monde and then get in line and ready for the con.  Maybe while we are in line, I can get Chris to hold my spot and I can walk up and down the length of the Convention Center or something.  It's either that or get up and do it around 4am.

Overall with the streak, I have to say that I am really glad that I am doing it.  It's gotten me back in the mindset that exercise can be squeezed in no matter what and I have to say that physically I just "feel" better.  I'm planning on taking measurements this coming Wednesday.  I'm pretty sure I feel skinnier.  I was in a nightgown last night that was normally too tight and it felt loose in the ribcage area.  Sorry, no pics there even though it can actually qualify for a NSV.   :)  A girl has to have some modesty!

January recap 

So I totally forgot to do measurements at the beginning of the month.  But judging by the whole suckfest that was the month of December, I'm pretty sure I went up in measurements anyway.  So this week when I take them, I will post the difference (if there is any).






I started January at 193 and ended up at 186.2, so I am THRILLED with that.  6.8 pounds down.  Not too shabby!

This post is getting quite long and I guess that's really all I have with the recap stuff.  I'll leave you with 2 cat extremes.  Doyle being super gross and Oz being super cute (for once!)



20 comments:

  1. That is an awesome loss! truly fantastic, you should be so proud!
    Your streak is amazing and inspiring, reading your post helped prompt me into going out for a walk sat and sun (I'm walking everyday at work at the moment).
    And I LOVE that episode of doctor who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so awesome! You're kinda making me want to go from 6 days of exercise a week to 7, just so I can have a streak too! Anyways, GREAT job on the FANTASTIC loss this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great month, Des! That's awesome. :)

    You're doing great with your streak too!

    I'm so jealous that you're going to Comic Con. :( I can't wait to see all your pictures!! (Especially the Daryl Dixon ones) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary!

      I can't wait! AND TWD comes back on Friday so I'll get to see Daryl twice in one day! (Once IRL and and the other on tv!)

      Delete
  4. Great month! I know there are several things that when I eat them I gain 2-3 lbs of water weight immediately. I think we all need to splurge sometimes in any case. I hope you have an amazing time at Comic Con, share lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! You know I will! :) If you are instagram follow me there too!

      Delete
  5. That is totally awesome!! Great job!! I need to pull out the Jullian Michael's 30 day Shred DVD. It's way too cold (negative temperatures) and icy here in Michigan to even think of walking outside. Even with the ribs, macaroni and cheese, and homemade apple pie that I ate during the game last night, I still had a big salad to go with it plus lots of water--no alcoholic beverages or caffeine at all. So I didn't feel too guilty. Plus I only gained 1.1 pound, which makes me happy and won't be too hard to loose.

    Keep up the momentum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! Y'all have been getting it bad up there in Michigan I hear.

      Delete
  6. Great job!

    I will also be at Comic Con this Saturday! I am jealous that you are going for all three days, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh awesome! I'll be on the lookout for you! If you spot me, come say hi!

      Delete
  7. Awesome job on your loss! Good for you!
    I think walking around the convention should burn some calories. Do you have a pedometer? Might want to crack that bad boy out and see how far you walk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A loss is a loss! And while eating healthy is important, so is enjoying life! Sometimes you need those few beers or that beignet. It's all about moderation and compromise! Oh, and way to kick ass on your streak!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a GREAT loss for the month of January! You are doing awesome!

    Also, I cannot wait to try beignet's. After your photos of them, I'm going to ENJOY those suckers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo!! that is some great loss for January!
    and on my bucket list is beignets from Cafe du Monde,,,,
    and get the guts for a ComicCon or other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am seriously jealous about Cafe Du Monde! That's one of the most worthwhile uses of powdered sugar on the planet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done!! And great NSV too!

    You're doing awesome with the streak. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get that in during Con.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great NSV Desire. And a great streak!!! I heart the weight 'loss' graph!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That whole nightie thing is a SUPER NSV :) Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete