Thursday, February 13, 2014

NSV Thursday

button


It's been quite a while that I've linked up with Katie and her NSV blog linkup!  I finally have not only one thing to contribute but two!

1. I squeezed in a mile this morning before work, bringing my Mile Streak to 30 Whopping Days in a row! 

It is particularly amazing to me that I did this especially considering the last couple of weeks have been especially rough.  Not gonna go into it, (maybe someday) but just trust me.  Dealing with some issues right now and they have been consuming not only my time but my stress level is through the roof.  So there have been some days where all I could do to carve out 20 minutes for a walk just to get in my mile, and you know what, I was still able to do it. 

So the next question is this... do I keep going?

Abso-freaking-lutely!!!

Exercise has been minimal at best but having the accountability each and every day has REALLY helped me keep my mind in the game and focused.  Plus, you guys know that it's incredible stress relief!

2.  Around October, I bought a shiny new coat (that reminded me of Sherlock) and it was a size Large.  I've been wearing this all winter but haven't quite been able to button it.  Until last week.  BOOM!  

London Fog - who know they still made coats!? (See, reminded me of Sherlock...) And Cumberbatch.
 
I still don't know how to use a scarf properly..
So I am really happy to participate this week in the link up!  I finally have something to contribute since it seems my NSV's have been few and far between lately. 

Loki did not want me to get up and get moving this morning.  I had to shove this adorable furball off my lap and get ready for work or else I'd still be on that couch snuggling with my buddy. 


32 comments:

  1. Awesome NSVs! I love when clothes fit better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you're on a 30 day streak is amazing. You're awesome, Desiree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 30 day streak! and also the coat. I have one like it and love it... but from Old Navy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! Yea, I love my coat too! (I think I actually got it from Sam's Club!)

      Delete
  4. Good work with your NSV! Keep me inspired lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!!! what a great start to a great day! May your day consume you with grace and favor.

    cindie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome NSVs this week! Love the coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! that coat is VERY sherlocky, and you look amazing in it. Keeping up with a 30 day streak when things have been stressful is a FANTASTIC NSV, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work with sticking to your miles even on a rough day....30 days is wonderful :) Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work in keeping up with your miles even on rough days...30 day streak is wonderful keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job getting that mile in this morning. You are doing awesome!! And that coat looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That coat looks great! Awesome job on the 30 day streak! That takes a lot of dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great NSV's! I love the coat!

    Hope your stress level lowers soon. That always makes things more difficult but you're kicking ass so great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will need to take a picture of mine because its also a London Fog but charcoal. I love it! And it looks great on you!

    (for some reason I love and adore coats, which is ironic since I only get to wear them for all of a month....except this year!)

    and way to go on your Streak!!! #streakingDes keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's awesome! Yea, I love mine too even though it's covered in cat fur now. (I did see the charcoal one and it's so pretty too!)

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  14. OMG that coat totally does remind me of Sherlock! What an AWESOME nsv. You are rocking this, especially considering everything. !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job with the 30 day streak! You're amazing! Cute coat! Chloe's winter coat is a London Fog! It's red, long, and kind of what Little Red Riding Hood would wear. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I guess when I think London Fog, I think of the plastic-y jackets with the hook thing on the shoulders! (Either that, or I'm totally showing my age...)

      Delete
  16. Two great NSVs! And way to go on your streak!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME JOB!!!
    30 days in a row!!!
    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job with your streak, and with the coat!! It's super cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete