Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Good morning guys!

I'm finally feeling mostly back like myself again since the Upper Respiratory Infection.  I'm also still dealing with a lot of stress right now but am working on it.  I'm just making sure I'm still taking things step by step and shifting my focus back to taking care of me right now.

In other news, I'm hoping to hit some shoe stores this weekend and hopefully get a new pair of shoes that will help with the P.F. flare ups.  I'm still having the Plantar Faciitis from time to time, like when I walk at work.  I have an old pair of shoes that I keep at my desk.  I'm going to try a different pair to see if that helps.  Some days that little walk at work here lately has been the only exercise I can muster so I need to make sure I have the best pair possible up there (even if that means I need to start bringing my good shoes up there every day).  That and I REALLY want to start running again and tennis too.  I miss tennis especially.

Speaking of running.... I've often toyed with the idea of trying to run a Disney Race.  But I haven't had one that made me REALLY want to.  Don't get me wrong, it's my dream to actually run a Disney Race but I haven't come across one that made me stop and say, Yes, this is it.  This is me and this is what I want to do.  Until now.

I give you the Avengers Half Marathon.

The downside, is that it's at DL.  If this was in WDW, I would absolutely make this happen.  I still want to, but a lot of financial factors need to fall into place.  It's actually a week and a half before Mr. Skinny Geek and my 10th anniversary.   And, I've always wanted to go to Los Angeles and as many times that I've been to Walt Disney World, I have never been to Disneyland.

Even if I can't run a Half by then, I could feasibly run the 5K for sure.  I would start training (P.F. permitting) for a Half though.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if I can't do the Half, I could easily do the 5K and still make a wonderful weekend out of it.

Ok now down to the business of the day.

Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh In this week was exactly how it's been for the past 3.  (I didn't officially weigh in last week but it was up and in my feverish state, I didn't bother registering it on MFP or on the blog here)


I'm not even upset given the craziness of the last few weeks.  But I am ready to get back on the wagon and start getting past the 60 pound barrier.  I'm so so so so so tired of being in the upper 180s.  I have been hovering around these numbers since AUGUST.

Shh!  Don't tell Chris I got this pic!  My sleepy boys!


36 comments:

  1. I got this shoe from work when my foot was so bad that I couldn't walk and the orthotics were of no help. This shoe made all the difference for me. When I got a new pair this year, I didn't realize how badly I needed new ones until I put them on and felt like I was walking on clouds. I'm not suggesting they are the shoes for you, but I wanted to share the ones I love. Fashion is no longer a priority and if I happen to wear something different on my feet, I suffer in pain for a couple of days.

    http://www.saucony.ca/en-CA/1832/white/1424/progrid-echelon-le.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice thanks! I'm more than willing to try anything at this point to be able to get back to regular routines. I need to find dress shoes too for working. Foot pain sucks!

      Delete
  2. I hope your foot feels better, my knee is bugging me too these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! Southern girl after my own heart!! I am from Louisiana, born and raised in Alexandria! We currently have lived in VA for the last 6 years, but Louisiana will always be my home!! Go Tigers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh neato! We make trips often to Alexandria! My aunt is there. I'm in Baton Rouge!

      Thanks for stopping by! Will check your blog out soon!

      Delete
  4. I think the Avengers race looks awesome! I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes it does! And me too for sure. Been a rough year so far! Ready to turn it around!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the new shoes!
    I saw the announcment and thought the same thing. WDW would be much easier for me, but what can you do? I figured once the boys are older Hubs and I can try to work out a family vacay/Disney race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Yea, finances are tight but when are they ever not? I hope I can make it work! We will see and try!

      Delete
  6. That half-marathon looks amazing!!!! I REALLY want to run a Disney Princess Half. I'm think 2016. You should totally come and do it with me (though this one sounds WAY cooler.)

    Also, my husband and I did LA on our honeymoon and did a Halloween tour (we essentially went to every filming location for the Halloween movies. My husband was in heaven.) We also went to this little theatre and watched Aliens and Predator on then had a meet and greet with some of the actors! You should totally make sure you check out those things if you go! You might find some awesome meet and greets! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'd love to do any race, really. It doesn't even matter to me which one but I just know how much I'd love this race!

      Ooh neat! That's really awesome and what an amazing experience on your honeymoon! I'll definitely look into doing some things like that. I want to do ALL the touristy stuff when/if we go!

      Delete
  7. Ha! I knew you would mention the announcement! I've never been tempted by the Princess or Tink runs, but the Avengers? I must admit it did cross my mind until I started mentally adding up the costs. Nobody in my family has been to either Disneys so it would be a pretty big deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I've always 'wanted' to do a Disney race but this is one that actually made my ears perk up. Yep, gotta see if I can make this happen!

      Delete
  8. Good luck finding those walking shoes! That Avengers race is a week after our 6th anniversary but I'm not a runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! Yea, I'm totally not a runner per se either. I mean, I tried to be, but I don't love running like so many others do! But, it's such a great form of exercise, and I'm kinda hoping that maybe I will learn to love it!

      Delete
  9. Ooooh, I hope you find some nice shoes!

    AVENGERS HALF MARATHON OMGIZZLE. So good! I hope you get to do it,that'd be a great vacay and way to celebrate your 10th anniversary!! :) You will break that 60 lb barrier before you know it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too!

      Heh heh yep! I hope we can really make this happen!

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh I love Disneyland and that race sounds AMAZING! You should totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I hope it can all work out so that we can!

      Delete
  11. Glad you're feeling better, Des! You've been hit a couple times now this winter. :(

    I've never been the DL either, and only been to WDW 2 times as a kid. I think it's an awesome idea to try for the half. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! Yea, I'm ready to be DONE with all these stupid colds!

      I hope so! DL plus all the other stuff in the surrounding areas would be so much fun!

      Delete
  12. Cute pic of your hubby and cat :) The Avengers race sounds like fun and a great goal to shoot for, not to mention good timing near your anniversary! Ive never been to DL either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Avengers Half is definitely a race that I will run one day! I wish I could do it this year, especially since the race is two days before my birthday, but I already have too many races and trips planned.

    Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes your posts (and hearing how rubbish things in Desiree world are at the moment) make me want to give you a great big hug.
    Finfing out there is an avengers themed disney half is like the universe giving you a hug. I hope things come together so that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kirsty, thank you. Your comment made me tear up a bit. (((HUGS))) back to you.

      I hope I can make this work too. How awesome would that be!?

      Delete
  15. Oh. My. Goodness.

    I have a very VERY unhealthy obsession with Captain America. I chased down everyone dressed up as him at DragonCon last year just for a picture. I was THAT girl.

    I want to run this so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! OOOH good! It's not just me! :)

      SO so so jealous that you went to Dragon Con! It's on my bucket list!

      Delete
  16. Sorry you have been sick but really hope you are on the upswing so you can enjoy the soon to be spring weather and play tennis.
    1/2 marathon? GO GIRL!!! I would love to do a mud run, color run, 5 k or something, next year. Not ready this year, maybe in the fall but we'll see.
    Let me know what kind of shoes you get, I'm in need of some new supportive, comfortable walking/run shoes
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be posting about the shoes! Dawn, you should think about doing the C25K program! I swear by that thing!
      Yea, I'm REALLY ready to get back out and play tennis! *Maybe tonight*

      Delete
  17. I have been in the same 5-7 lb range for a year now. Somethings gotta give (my diet), so I feel you on the frustrations. This half would be so awesome! That would be so cool for y'all to be able to do! Sorry about your URI. It's no fun!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's so frustrating! Just gotta get back on the wagon and hope this weight will start to come off eventually!

      Delete
  18. 1. BEST.SOCKS.EVER

    2. Have you tried orthodics to help your feet? I cant run with them but for my everyday shoes I can't live without them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much about the socks! :)

      I do have the heel pads and I wear them all the time. I may have to end up getting some actual orthodics made. I've tried Physical Therapy, laying off running, etc. I'm changing shoes next to see if that helps.

      Delete