Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekly wrap-up





I've had a pretty good week last week. 

Monday - (Not pictured) 60 minutes of Bowling
Tuesday - 20 minute walk; 132 minutes of tennis
Wednesday - nada
Thursday - 51 minutes of tennis
Friday - W1D1 C25K 25 minutes; 23 minute walk
Saturday - 83 minutes of tennis
Sunday - 30 minutes of yoga

The bad - A big ole GOOSE EGG worth of Strength Training

The good - I feel better about things this week.  Foot still has some lingering problems here and there but overall much better

The best - ALL THE TENNIS!

I have got to get back in the game with the strength.  I *should* have time to do something before bowling tomorrow.  So I'm really going to try to work that in.  If not, (and I can't believe I'm about to write this out.. I can *try* to do it in the morning before work.  The gym opens at 5.  I could get my behind there by then.  If I wake up. 

This is theoretically what I'd like to see happen this week:

Monday - 20-30 minutes strength, 20 min walk on lunch break, 60 min bowling
Tuesday - W1D2 (maybe) C25K BEFORE work - Bowling is always late and I usually have problems falling asleep after.  This will be really hard to accomplish.  20 min. walk on lunch break then Tennis Apprentice clinic is at 6:30.
Wednesday - 45-60 minutes elliptical, 20-30 minutes strength, 20 min. walk on lunch break
Thursday - 20 min. walk on lunch break, 60 minutes of tennis lessons
Friday - W1D3 C25K, 20 min. walk on lunch break
Saturday - 20-30 minutes strength the tennis lessons for 90 minutes
Sunday - Yoga

I wanted to start C25K back up again because I haven't ran since November and I wanted to start slow and plus, see how my feet would do.  I still don't have my new running shoes, some other priorities have come up (us needing a new garage door, new weed-eater, etc) so those got put on the back burner.  I'm using my old purple Asics until I can get the new ones.  Well, Friday was such a gorgeous day here, that I decided on a whim after work to go to the park and see how I felt. 






Overall, I did pretty well,  I'm definitely going to need to start over again.  My legs were tired after.  Maybe it will get easier as time goes on and if my legs will decide to remember what it's like to run and then I can skip around some weeks.  But until then, I think just following the program as is, may be the way to go.  Should the plantar faciitis flare up, well I'll just have to play it by ear. 

After my jaunt in the park, Chris was dying to play his new PS4 game, Infamous 3.  So that's pretty much what he has been doing all weekend long.  I was able to pry him off for tennis yesterday morning, grocery shopping and mowing the grass, and then to watch Thor 2 (again) last night and squeezed in an episode of Being Human. 



After tennis yesterday we also stuck around and watched some incredible athletes on the courts.  Baton Rouge had hosted a Cajun Classic Wheelchair Tennis Tournament!  It was awesome to watch!   Here's a few pics...










These athletes were truly amazing to watch and put on some very exciting matches! 


Today for me has been meal prep, laundry, cleaning and now finally catching up on some blogging.  And I may actually try to read (!) a little until its time for Chris's brother, David, and our friend John comes over for our usual Sunday night tv watching of The Walking Dead!

How was your weekend?  Did you do anything fun or interesting?  Get any exercise in?







Ozzy likes broccoli.  Weird.


36 comments:

  1. You're seriously rocking being active! Do you bowl on a league? I ask because hubs bowls on a league and we were at state this weekend. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! Yes, we bowl on a league on Monday nights! We have a blast with it!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend! And zomg the tennis! I am so proud of you for getting back in the game. And wow, your workout sched for this week looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good week! That wheelchair tennis tourney sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your cats....FYI.

    As for strength training, I would consider yoga a kind of it, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks. I'll keep them, I suppose! :D

      Hmm, never thought of it that way but I think you are right.

      Delete
  5. Look at you kicking butt this week!
    I still need to see Thor 2. I don't know how I've waited this long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, you do need to watch it. It was actually so much better than the first Thor!

      Delete
  6. I have a friend who's in a chair and its always so inspiring how fit and athletic she is! Very cool to watch so many athletes.

    Lets do it this week!! I'm determined to run this funk out of me for real this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really is amazing to watch them!

      YES! We got this week and will kick it's ass!

      Delete
  7. Nice job last week! I'm seriously lacking on my strength training too, so I feel your pain. I have thought about doing the before work thing again also. My gym is 24 hours, so there is really no excuse except I don't want to get up early.

    Good luck with the C25K again! It's a great idea to start slowly after all of your PF issues and not running for so long. I think you'll find it comes back to you easier than you'd expect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! Yes, I'm planning on going and doing some weights tonight before tennis so that will be 1x this week. Already better than last weeks! LOL

      Thanks, I did D2 yesterday! Felt good and I felt kinda fast. No way could I sustain it but that minute seemed speedy ....for me LOL

      Delete
  8. Wheelchair tennis looks so interesting! I can't even imagine being coordinated enough to pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love watching non traditional athletes! They are so bad ass and inspiring!

    And I love Thor 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are!

      And I do too. :) And Chuck is in it (Zachary Levi!) so bonus the hotness (Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Elba and Levi!)

      Delete
  10. Whoa! Wheelchair tennis sounds intense!
    And how did you only watch ONE episode of Being Human?
    Is that even possible? LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!? I wanted to watch more but I know how much hubby has been looking forward to this game. Ahh the sacrifices we make... BUT OMG that one ep was AWESOME! Hoping to get in a few more eps this week!

      Delete
  11. Yay for running! And tennis! I always tend to skip my strength training but not any more, I'm really committing to it at least twice a week. And it's crazy that your cat stole that broccoli! My weekend was running, family time and yard work. It's finally time to start mowing the grass again around here. Good luck on your training plan this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yea, I hate that we've had to start mowing already but I guess it was about time. This was our 2nd mow of the year. Hate that!

      Good luck with your plans this week too. Hopefully the scale will start behaving!

      Delete
  12. Go slow on your run when you do! Haha to your catty! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did great! Oh how I wish there were tennis courts around us...the draw back of a SMALL teeny tiny southern town. No rec center or anything else. :(
    I was blessed with a bowflex last week! YAY, so add that to the treadmill and total gym. I have my own workout center :)
    We started the C25K and I'm not doing so hot. The running is very hard when you're this overweight. Oh well, gotta do something to bring down the scale numbers.
    WORK IT GIRL but don't hurt your foot! Have you tried water aeorbics? I used to LOVE that.
    My dog used to eat carrots so seeing your cat eat broccoli cracked me up and made me miss Dixie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! Aww that stinks that you don't have any courts nearby! How far away is the next biggest city to you?
      C25K is HARD but just stick with it! I started it the first time around 244 pounds but it does get easier!
      Awesome about the bowflex!

      Delete
  14. You're just doing so awesome! Keep it up, chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl you did GREAT!! I wish I had someone to play tennis with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ricci! Hubby and I are having so much fun with it! And finally getting a bit better I think! :D

      Delete
  16. Great job!!! I just started the C25K again too!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I LOVE C25K (well after 3 failed attempts at it, but I finally finished it...!) :D

      Delete
  17. I used to play tennis in high school and would love to get back to it. It's just tough to play it by yourself...

    But I am trying to start a Couch to 5K this week if I can get the app, the treadmill, and the phone to all play nicely together. Almost there! When my son was doing a Marathon Kids program and I couldn't run 1/2 mile at a time with him I realized that years of working from home instead of commuting by public transit which involves lots of walking - well it has done some damage to any endurance I once had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can find a league or some lessons near you?

      Ah yea, I hear ya about the C25K! I couldn't imagine how to figure out how to do it on the treadmill but I know it can be done! Good luck with it. I swear by that program!

      Delete
  18. I need to finish by C25K. I have a fun 5k on Saturday that I will walk and jog thru. You are really getting active tennis and bowling sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm really loving the tennis for sure! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete