Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Thank you all for the support and love concerning my last post.  I've read every single comment and hope to respond soon to each one!

Weigh In today isn't pretty.  But it can all be explained by several weeks of poor choices, poor food tracking and terrible eating.  Just like when you see progress by working out, eating right and just killing it with cardio and the scale is in your favor, well, this is just the opposite for me.

The good - The Girl Scout cookies are GONE from my house.  I just can't eat one "serving".  So with the exception of Chris's Savannah Smiles, all the rest of my temptation is gone.  And I can easily skip Savannah Smiles (although they are yummy too - they just aren't like the crack that is Trefoils and Tagalongs).  Next year I vow NO MORE GIRL SCOUTS COOKIES. 

I also re-adjusted my calories on My Fitness Pal.  I'm going to experiment a bit with  1670 calories per day.  Which is awesome because that means more of these:

Blueberry Muffin Protein Shake get in ma belly!
The better - I had the best workout I've had in a LONG time yesterday.  I did 55 minutes on the elliptical and managed some weight machines.  It felt really good and I think my focus is starting to shift back to myself and my health.



The bad - Still having flare ups with Plantar Faciitis.  I. Am. So. Tired. Of. This. SHIT.   The Feet insoles are working, but I can only wear them in my tennis shoes.  They don't fit in my work shoes, so I'm having to use the heel pads again there. I think bouncing between the tennis shoes on the weekend and the work shoes are causing the problems.  I'm not sure.  I did discover something with the tennis shoes yesterday though when I was on the elliptical.  My feet got numb.  I've had the numb feeling before but it was with my new shoes and once I adjusted my laces and tied them a bit looser the numbness went away.  I guess with my "regular" tennis shoes, the insoles add about 1/2 inch in some places and a bit more in others in height.  So I will need to re-adjust my laces with those shoes.  Duh moment for me there.

I really want to work my way back into running but I know that I need to wait this out.  

The Ugly - I feel "fluffy".  I haven't taken my measurements and honestly I'm scared to.  I will just wait and do them in April.  Cardio and weights will help with the toning so I'm ready to get back on those like a beast.  I'm also hoping to start swimming again and maybe even take proper lessons so I don't swim with my head above water all the time.  Chris has been toying with the idea of swimming lessons too.  Did you know, Mr. Skinny Geek doesn't know how to swim?  Yep.  Weird huh?

Weigh In Wednesday

Now down to business.  I'm owning up to this.  I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.


And to add more insult to injury.  Here's pics from yesterday.  I haven't done a profile pic in a while.  Not happy at all with how I look.  Tiny disclaimer here, the shirt is an XL and it is big on me.  But, I still feel like crap when I look at these pics. 






Me in my 190 pound glory.

I know, I know.  It's much better than where I started (244+) but geez, fluff doesn't begin to describe how I've been feeling lately so there it is.

On a much happier note, a bit of a brag on my mom!  She bowled the best game in about 20 years on Monday! 

220 for mom!  Yay!
Alrighty guess I'm back on the horse so to speak.  My attitude is starting to shift in the right direction again I think and think I can see me crawling out of this funk.   Happy Hump Day everyone. 


37 comments:

  1. That's an amazing bowling game! I'm lucky to break 50! :) I am TERRIBLE at bowling, but really enjoy it. :)

    You WILL break out of this funk, I know it. You can do it, Desiree!!!!

    PS, your cats are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I read your post yesterday but never got around to commenting--I am praying for you and your daughter! Stress can be so real, and such a roadblock to our plan--stay strong girl, and know you have tons of people rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you should look into a night split for your PF. You wear it to bed and some people have success with it. I know we recommend it for some people at work. There are so many different varieties, including some that are sock-like. I don't know if I could sleep with it, but I would give it a shot if I was desperate enough.

    http://www.ortoped.ca/en/ufo-sup-tm-sup-night-splint-196538.html?___SID=U

    This is the one we order, just to give you an idea...(not very appealing looking), but a lot of pharmacies sell less bulky ones. Just do a search for PF night splint. The idea of it is to give you a good stretch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's the one thing I have yet to try. I think I'll look into some recommendations from amazon reviews and see about trying it out. Thanks so much for this!

      Delete
  4. If it makes you feel any better, my goal right now is 190 :)

    Bad streaks happen. The biggest thing is to brush yourself off and just rededicate yourself. It's all about consistency. Two or three weeks of bad eating is tiny in the scheme of things.

    Have you tried any of the PF night splints? I don't have any experience, but I hear good things. Thought I would mention it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are right! I'm going to look into those night splints. Gotta try everything I suppose!

      Delete
  5. You can do this!

    I always have problems getting back into things once I lose my motivation. You went work out yesterday, and that is a great start! You just have to take it one thing at a time, and you will eventually get back to the place that you want to be.

    PS. That shake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day at a time. You are right and small changes usually lead to bigger ones!

      Thanks! (And it was so yummy!)

      Delete
  6. Hey Desiree, I read your earlier post-sorry missed commenting! You have lot on your plate! Cut yourself some slack! you can do this, its okay- if you have a off week! life takes turns --you can do this !I am with you :) Prayers and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just have the cutest socks! I just stick to the plain sold colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. Yea, my one vice (one of many) is crazy socks!

      Delete
  8. Girl we all have fluffy days, and you are a LONG way from where you started. you haven't failed, you just got stagnant for too long. Everyday is a chance to start fresh. Moving is key, if you can't walk,run or play tennis, swimming is excellent exercise as is biking.
    And by the way, I grew up on the water, on a boat and I can't swim either :(
    LOVE YA girl, you're doing GREAT, now move your ASS! said with love of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn you are so right!

      LOL Love it! Yep tell me to get moving every chance you get! :)

      Delete
  9. Nice work getting a 55 minute workout in. Go you!
    Owning up to your current weight is half the battle. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off.... you are BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Great job on the workout, and taking the profile pictures! I need to do that too. I'm like you... waiting until April to take my measurements again. ****totally off topic: I love your Batman socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had issues with PF, but my toes get numb on the elliptical and I know a lot of other people, too. Adjusting my laces never seems to help either...I think maybe it's the motion of the machine? It's worse the longer I'm on it. I hope the laces will help you though so you can keep your momentum going! I know how frustrating it is to just want to RUN and not be able to like before, you know I know that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, those shoes never really bothered me before with it, so I'm thinking that will help.

      Yes, I know you know that feeling! LOL

      Delete
  12. I know how you feel so I am not going to blow flowers up your ass BUT in all honesty you have had a rough couple of weeks and you are HUMAN and when you feel like shit you do what you can to try to feel better and it seems you , like I, tend to drown your hurt in sugar. Then we feel worse not better BBBUUUTTTTT you know it, you own it and you are moving on. You WILL be back on track because you WANT to be back on track

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know how you feel so I am not going to blow flowers up your ass BUT in all honesty you have had a rough couple of weeks and you are HUMAN and when you feel like shit you do what you can to try to feel better and it seems you , like I, tend to drown your hurt in sugar. Then we feel worse not better BBBUUUTTTTT you know it, you own it and you are moving on. You WILL be back on track because you WANT to be back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job getting rid of those Girl Scout cookies, and woohoo for going to the gym and doing tennis! I am right there with you feeling the way you do right now...we will come out of this and keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep at it!
    My last few weeks (February 8-March 4) were "dammit Joie" weeks for me too. But I'm think I needed it to get back on track, for real this time.
    You can do it.
    We're human, so we mess up every now and again. I like that you're owning it, rather than beating yourself up over it! That's more progressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are right. The fact that we are not giving up says something! Back on track with the both of us!

      Delete
  16. Just so you know, you are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I'm just going to say it. You were on the elliptical for how long!?!? I can barely do it for 10 minutes. It's easy to be hard on ourselves, but it looks like you've come a long way. You'll get there with your determination I have no doubt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh when I first started on the elliptical I could barely do for 10 minutes too. It took a long time to get to where I was even doing it for 30 minutes!

      Delete
  18. Ugh sounds like we're in the same stinking place and it's not a fun place is it? I've been feeling like a whale lately even though I'm still 50+ pounds down I just can't see it anymore in the mirror... And I still have so far to go... I just refuse to do it in a way that I can't sustain for the long run. The only thing worse than being 40 pounds overweight is getting to my goal weight and then gaining back to being 40 pounds overweight again... Crap, this isn't helping is it?!? :) OK, ok. Focus. Determination. Hard Work. A Plan. We've got these things. Let's get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are looking great!!!!! I know how you feel on the running. Keep it up you got this!

    ReplyDelete