Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Morning everyone!

I'm unusually chipper this morning and I haven't even had my coffee yet.  Weird!  Maybe it's because I FINALLY am back in the 180's this morning.  Barely there but there all the same!  So that brings us to Weigh In Wednesday and the linkup that I love to participate in!

Weigh In Wednesday


Down 1 pound this week and I'll absolutely take it.  I've been working hard and really watching what I eat since Saturday and exercise has been really consistent lately.  I almost feel like my tenacity is back to where it was prior to last October (before Chris's dad's hospitalization and decline).  I am ready to move on beyond these numbers that I've been seeing so many times on the scale so my dedication is back, baby! 

Last night was the last lesson phase for the Tennis Apprentice program that we've been doing.  And since it was a "bring a friend" recruitment type thing, they had us on 7 courts instead of 4 and this time I didn't get to hang with the boys.  I panicked a little, not gonna lie, not being on the same court as Chris.  I'm not really comfortable with people I've never met.  But I tried to just be friendly and not show too much anxiety and let the tennis do the talking, so to speak.   Overall, I'd say it was a positive experience for sure and I'm glad that they did break us up because these are things I need to work on anyway.  It's weird because I can just go to the gym and do my thing and I'm not bothered but put me in a group setting, and I freeze. 

We went through various drills for almost 2 hours and then the USTA rep invited us all to a local restaurant, Lava Cantina,  for appetizers, drinks and socializing (ahhhh!).  She explained that if you signed up for the league that you get a really nice USTA jacket.  Chris and I were a little hesitant at first.  We are really just taking the lessons and playing/volleying with each other.  I'm not wanting to be the next Serena Williams or anything but I do want to improve my game.  After much discussion, we decided to just through caution to the wind and sign up because we can volley around all the time and only slightly improve.  And since the lesson wasn't an all together horrible experience and quite honestly we could stand to meet new people.  So we did it.   We are now on a tennis league.  Bad news is that the mixed double league doesn't start yet.  We will have to both get on same gender teams (with stranger dangers!)  So out of my comfort zone.. just a bit.

Ok enough talk of my social anxieties. 

The restaurant was pretty awesome.  They played actual music videos all over the television sets and it wasn't too obnoxiously loud.  But oh my god, the food.  They just kept bringing never ending appetizers.  We each got a free drink when we got there.  Chris got a large margarita and I opted for a small.  I had finished all my calories for the day and wasn't planning on eating but I did cave and eat a small mini-chimichanga along with my small margarita.  I did good and stayed far away from everything else, even though I was stink-eyeing the heck out of those delicious looking meatballs that were in my face.  (Why couldn't they have had this the day AFTER my weigh in...?)


We after about an hour and a half and us signing up for the league, we finally decided to head home and call it a night.  We left the restaurant at around 10 and trust me for these 2 old folks, that is a late night!

Oh and these are our new nifty, spectacular tennis jackets and our 2 newest t-shirt acquisitions!  Pretty sweet!





  How did everyone else do this week? 

40 comments:

  1. WOO HOO nice loss!
    Good for you for going outside your comfort zone and signing up for something new. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Yea, I suppose this is what it's all about too - the whole weight loss/lifestyle change and this may just be a part of that even if it's socially motivated to get out of the ole comfort zone!

      Delete
  2. woo!!! Love dropping into a new decade (or returning) as long as it is lower. haha.

    I love the shirts! and good for you with the league, I should do something like that to meet people, but until my littleone will let me leave the house without a fit, I'm stuck being a busy mama. I like the gym because with my earbuds in, nobody bugs me and I just zone out. Tennis requires interaction with partners or smack talk, right? haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, now if I can just move beyond 185, I'll be as happy as can be!

      LOL yea, I'll try to keep the smack talk in my head and not outside of my lips. Although I'm more hard on myself with smack talk internally than I am against other people.

      Delete
  3. Great loss this week, Des!

    Way to step outside your comfort zone, too. I am the same way. Joining the running club this Winter was way more stressful than it needed to be. I've met some really nice people, and have NEVER felt judged for my abilities (or body), which is always what scares me about new situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh that's so good that you had such a positive experience like that! That makes me feel better!

      Delete
  4. Wahoo for 180s :) That is great!

    That tennis thing sounds pretty cool. I was just telling my husband I wished we had a YMCA near us (like 5-10 minutes) away so we could take advantage of all the classes they offer. I think that would get me to step out of my comfort zone :)

    keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! Yea, we really love the Y, but the one we play tennis at is across town. However, my normal 'go to' one is literally around the corner from my house. Oh so convenient!

      Maybe one day they will build one near you!

      Delete
  5. Nice progress Des! I love getting new workout related gear. Going out of your comfort zone is a good thing...at least you have a tennis racket is some "stranger danger" tries to pull some funny business on ya ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha at least I can defend myself! :D (and not gonna lie, I have a pretty sweet forehand now that would make for a nice little whack to the nose!)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Woohoo! Congrats on the loss! Next up, 170s! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As much as I've fluctuated in the upper 180s-190s I swear 170s feel like a pipe dream at this point!

      Delete
  7. Way to be! I've slacked off my weight loss efforts the past couple weeks. You've inspired me to jump back in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww glad I could help! Just jump back on in! You can do it!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! I'm stopping by from the Southern Girl Community on Facebook. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What will power you had! With all that yummy food in front of you and the margarita you did good... I would have caved after having the margarita.. Margaritas make my brain think I can eat anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl! I am just trying to get below 200. It can a struggle, but thank you for the motivation boost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! You can do it, you'll be in ONEderland in no time!

      Delete
  11. Just saw your blog while browsing the Southern Girl Blogger FB page! Congrats on the 180's!! I am going to keep following along and see your weight loss journey! You're very inspiring! -Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh congrats on the progress! Awesome! and tennis is such a fun way to get in exercise (I don't like new groups either though- awkward city!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! Yea, we are having so so much fun with the tennis!

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the great weigh in!! It's so gratifying to see progress after all that hard work. And WTG on getting out of your social comfort zone (my social comfort zone is at home on my couch with people I've known at least a decade, LOL). Sounds like you're back "in the zone"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay great job and in the 180's whoop whoop!!! Omg Mexican food is the death of me haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alma, yes me too totally. I looooove Mexican food!

      Delete
  15. You're braver than I am with the tennis league! However I did go to the gym in my pajamas this morning instead of using "no gym clothes" as an excuse to skip so I'm trying to stay on track...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow fantastic job going in those jammies! Way to go there and not using having any clean clothes as an excuse!

      Delete
  16. HOLLLLLLA!!!!!!

    I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG GO YOU!!! Yay 1 lb, that is awesome Des!! And I am so proud of you guys for the whole tennis league thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice! You're so inspirational!

    PS-I tried to add you on MFP but couldn't find you! Add me girl! I'm Winterbenson

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on staying the course with your restaurant options!
    And dude, Tennis league?!? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete