Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Update


Y'all, I rocked April and made it my bitch.



This month just feels like my head is back in the game 100%.  I only missed 5 days of exercise - most of which were rest days, so technically no misses, per se.  (I'm laying off today too especially after 45 minutes of walking and 2 hours of tennis yesterday has caused a flare up of the ole Plantar Faciitis).  Last month I think there were 11 total misses (some rest, some lazy), so I definitely think April was the best month for me this year.

I also just did the math and figured that I exercised for 1996 minutes last month!  Holy crap!  So so close to 2000!   I think that may be my goal for May is to go over 2K exercise minute wise.

May will be the month that I break the plateau and hit the 60 pound mark. I just can feel it !  I am still avoiding the scale, with the exception of last Thursday.  I may peek next week though.  I'm not sure.  It's awfully tempting.  Next Wednesday, I'll take measurements though just to see if I'm really feeling thinner or just "thinking" that I am.

Back in May of 2012 I had started off with the whole diet/exercise thing yet again.  And of course after a few weeks, quit, as I typically did back then.  But at that time I did take a few "before pics".  I commonly use either those or my Doctor Who "Keep Calm and Don't Blink" tshirt pic in most of my "befores".   Fleurty and Fit had an excellent post today about accountability and social media/blogging and that really got me to thinking today as I post this, what has caused "this time" to be different for me.  "This time" wow, have I said that phrase so many times over the years.  What is different now than it was back then?  It just simply boils down to me being accountable not only to myself and to you, all you wonderful strangers friends out there.  I have to be true to myself, yes, but knowing that I'm putting all my successes and failures out there and laying it all out on the line, is really making it all sink in "this time".  So, whether you comment, or just read, or if you follow on fb, instagram or the twitters, THANK YOU.  Without you guys knowing, but you really mean something special to me.




100 Miles Challenge - 44.45 Was totes hoping for at least 50 going into April... boo!

How did you guys fare in April?  Any significant weight losses that I can live vicariously through you with? 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
May 1st edit - Linking up this post with Katie and using the entire month of April as my NSV this week!

button

48 comments:

  1. Wow Des you are looking fab!! What a difference. I agree with you that "putting it out there" helps keep you accountable. I find myself working harder to make sure I don't Let my blog/social media "friends" down. :) They help more than they may realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty kick ass before and afters, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes! You look great! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good girl! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you share your journey with us! You and I would definitely kill a day with Hilary as blogger friends !! ( I refuse to use the word blends lol )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I never thought about "blends" lol but so true! Aww thank you Ashley!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Such great progress. The photos really show a tremendous difference. As for me, I was happy to move from the obese to the overweight category in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Kitty! I hope to be doing that within the next few months myself! Wonderful victory!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, the first line of this post made me laugh out loud!!! You're awesome. :)

    Congrats on a fabulous month...those pictures really show your progress--keep up the GREAT work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking awesome! Way to kick April's ass! And I love the start of the post memes - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job! Doing great work, looking great! I hope May is the month we both bust past 60lbs lost!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll need to do my look back, but I have to wait until the end of the day as today is not a rest day, so it's going to be included. I'm not thinking I had any weight loss, but still had an active month. I'll have to add up all my minutes (especially as I'm participating in the #1800minutechallenge). I guess my DailyMiles keeps a running total of my distance, but it includes my bike rides, so that throws things off a bit.

    You are doing great. Your progress pictures really show a difference! I don't have many "before" pictures, I was very good at keeping away from the camera (or deleting any pictures after!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's hard to calculate miles too, but I'm keeping track with mileage through Endomondo and exercise totals with My Fitness Pal.

      Thanks so much! Yea, I don't have too many pics of me "before" either. Really just those two.

      Delete
  11. You are SUCH a rock star! Can't wait to see you break the 2k mark in exercise minutes next month, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can NOT believe how awesome you look!! And all but 4 days??? THAT'S dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow who is that hottie over there? What a difference Desiree! Love it! Way to go girl! Thank you for being such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Desiree!!! SO amazing!! Just so you know...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! Those pictures are amazing! Also, you totally crushed april! I know you had a rough March, so it's awesome to see that you totally rocked April!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like April was a kick ass month!!! That’s awesome!
    Accountability is so important, I never thought of social media as being an accountability aid…lol…(I can delete)! But it is and I like the thought of that, not letting myself and watchers down.
    Check out my post I’m doing another 100 miles challenge It was awesome last time and I want do it again! Congrats on an awesome April!!
    P S I watched Game of Thrones SHOUT TO THE MOUNTAIN TOPS!!!!!!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great month! Awesome! Good luck with your challenge!

      YAY! Glad you finally got to watch it! It was awesome! :D

      Delete
  17. The public accountability is so helpful and the support is awesome too! You look fantastic! Congrats on rocking almost 2000 activity minutes for the month. It isn't just the way you look that has changed since those before pictures - could you have imagined activity being such a big part of your daily life before? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You are so right! I never ever would have imagined that I even liked to exercise this much much less do it practically every day!

      Delete
  18. such an awesome progress pick, and way to kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MAH GAWD you look so awesome!!! I agree that Jasmine's post was killer and right on target. So glad you're back in the game...now I gotta get MYSELF back in the game!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job girl!! Love your progress pics and great job on the excercise! I know you'll get your 60 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome! Well done on your weight loss thus far, Desiree! Your tummy is shrinking. My April was really bad, I didn't make any progress :( but I'm so positive about this coming month. Looking forward to a productive month this time around. Good luck with your next goal.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girl! You look fabulous!!!!! You are such an inspiration!!! Great job on the awesome month! And...I just love the Jesse Pinkman quote! I can "hear" him saying that lol!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are looking sooooooo slim! Great progress!! :) 2000 minutes (or close to it) is freaking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete