Wednesday, April 23, 2014

M.I.A./Weekly Wrap-Up

Weigh In Wednesday  

Ouch sorry I've been missing in action this week.   I've had a case of not really knowing what to blog about, plus the last few weeks/weekends have been really busy here lately.  And truthfully, even with hiding the scale, I'm still a bit bummed about the lack of movement lately.    So those 3 sentences basically just summed up everything for me lately!  LOL!  So the rest of this post will be kind of all over the place!  Also going to go ahead and link up with the ladies with the Wednesday Weigh In even though I'm anti-scale right now.

First off, weekly wrap up.


Monday - (Not pictured) 60 minutes of bowling; 25 minutes of C25K
Tuesday - 32 minutes walking; 21 minutes strength training; 1h 45 min tennis
Wednesday - 30 minutes walking; 20 minutes running; 17 minutes walking
Thursday - 76 minutes walking; 37 minutes tennis (lesson cut short - booo!)
Friday - 26 minutes running
Saturday - 1h 20 minutes tennis
Sunday - 30 minutes of Badminton (Easter fun but it was outside and we sweated so I'm counting it, although it should have been called "30 minutes of picking up the birdie off the ground".

Mom and I at the park last Wednesday!

It was a really good week exercise wise and food wise, I didn't do too bad either.  I'd say I was about 80%. 

I've been blessed with many, many nominations of the ole Leibster Award!  I pinky promise swear that I'm really going to try to get working on that.  I may combine some of my favorite questions from each of those awesome people who nominated me!

**** Spoiler Alert ****

Ok you guys have had more than a week now, so I will officially celebrate with the DING DONG KING JOFFREY IS DEAD dance!  It was a beautiful sight to behold!

Speaking of nerdy stuff, and since my arms are not nearly as ghastly as they once were, I think it's about time I start wearing tank tops for the summer.  So that maybe I can even out my pasty white skin.  I'm thinking any of these will do.  :)   Check them out and *hint hint* these would totally cover a whole month of working out!   Geeky Girls Workout Shirts

We had tennis matches last night.  It was fun but I can't report on whether we won or not.  He had us alternate partners every few sets but it was still a good time!  We ended up playing for about 2 hours and during that time I rotated between 3 different partners.  I guess it was to get everyone used to playing with each other.  I felt like my shots were better last night but my serves seemed to be off.   Maybe because I got a new racquet and I'm still not used to it yet!  I ended up getting the Wilson instead of the Babolat Pure Drive that I was oogling because the Wilson offered a lifetime warranty in case something happens to it (other than me smashing it like McEnroe).  Isn't she pretty?



Oh!  One of my very first blogger friends ever, is finally getting back to it!  If you don't mind, please go show her a little love and encouragement!  Michelle is super duper awesome and she has been one of my biggest sources of inspiration since I started my whole journey!  She is over at Rediscovering Michelle and she should be putting a new update post up soon!

And another really awesome thing.  Looky what I won!


It's for Thursday night so I'll be missing my tennis lesson but I'm also really looking forward to this.  I wanted to actually run it as a zombie, but the price was just a little too steep.  There is still a small chance I could, because I'm still in the running to win a "V.I.P. experience".  So I'm sure you will hear all about zombies on Friday!


100 Mile Challenge - 34.46/100

24 comments:

  1. What exactly is The Walking Dead Escape?? Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be AWESOME!!!!!

    Good job on your workouts this week, Des!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's an zombie infested obstacle course I think! Check the link out. http://www.thewalkingdeadescape.com/

      Thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG TWD escape looks amazing!!! Yaaaay congrats on winning that! And nice job with the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got a new racquet! I'm a little nervous to go and do the lessons, but I'm going to be brave.

    Zombie Infested Obstacle course? GOOD LORD, I'd have a nervous breakdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to be awesome! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

      LOL yea, it should be a ton of fun, I just can't justify spending $90 for it but otherwise, I'd totally do it if the price wasn't so steep!

      Delete
  4. Way to workout! And I've heard of Zombie Runs how fun. Here's hoping you win!
    And I LOVE those tank tops. The Mulan one is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Love the Mulan one too! Sadly I'm not going to be running in it or anything. Just purely spectating! It was crazy expensive! Like $75 for a Survivor and $95 for a zombie complete with make up. And the waves I think are only 30 minutes each so, I'm not gonna fork out that kind of money unless Daryl Dixon is waiting for me at the end! LOL

      Delete
  5. OMG Zombies how fun, my friends and I are thinking of doing the one around here in November. Can't wait to hear all about it. You are a rockstar girls so much activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, should be fun although I'm not gonna be running it. Either way should be fun to watch!

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. Great workouts, especially the Sunday picking up the birdie one. Just be careful of the sun when you switch to tank tops. I got an awful burn just on my upper arm and back skin a couple of weeks ago because it hadn't seen the sun in so long. Love the new racquet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh excellent point there and I'm sure my pasty white skin would burn to a crisp too. I'll make sure to apply extra sunscreen while all that evens out!

      :)

      Delete
  7. That's awesome about the walking dead thing!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, pretty excited about it but wish I was running it! Ah well, should be fun either way!

      Delete
  8. DAMMITTTTTTTTT!!!!! You have to start saying SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! I wait 2 episodes before I watch!!!!! Now I hve to go home and watch it...ugh I'm so sad for reading that. * tear *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoopsie! I waited a week and a half to post anything. That's usually enough of a grace period!

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to hear about the zombie escape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yippe for the new racket.,
    I can see where you get your good looks from Desiree!

    ReplyDelete