Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tennis update

It's been a while since I wrote a real and proper tennis update!

Honestly not too much to tell.  Still practicing and working hard to improve. 

We had (!) a clinic Saturday morning.  Apparently me and another lady didn't get the email that it was cancelled so we both showed up and no instructor!.  So, we decided to just volley around and play one set.  It was good practice but the weather is getting so hot here and the humidity too so we were drenched after an hour.   We decided to call it quits after that.  I lost, naturally. but did manage to get a couple of games here and there.  I think it ended up with her winning 6-3 and we only managed that one set.

Last night, was really good though.  We were predicted to get some pretty strong storms roll through South Louisiana yesterday, so I had mentally checked tennis off my list for last night and planned to go to the gym and finally get back to some elliptical instead.  But, the rain and storms never materialized so I had to get back in the right frame of mind for tennis instead.  (It wasn't hard to do! LOL).  Anyway, Ronnie (the tennis pro at the Y) paired us all up and this time around we were all pretty much on an even playing field experience wise.   We had 2 very close sets and it took about 2 solid hours to do.  Very exciting stuff.  We lost 6-4; 6-3 but had such a good time that we all exchanged numbers and added each other to facebook and plan on getting together again for practicing.  They may also be joining me for some clinics here and there that I attend. 

I already know that Thursday night's clinic is cancelled as well as Saturday's.  Ronnie is judging the High School State Tennis Tourney and they have another tournament this weekend at the Y.  So I'll have to see if maybe I can rent the ball machine or maybe practice with the other ladies to get my tennis fix in this week.

Since this is a very boring and no picture-filled post


15 comments:

  1. That's too bad that you didn't get a cancellation email! Send some heat over here please! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, hate that too but we still managed to do something at least instead of turning around and going home!

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to make the best of a cancellation!
    Good work on your clinics and getting into a tennis mindset. I had to do that last night. We had rain all day but after dinner it cleared and I knew it was the perfect time for a run so darnit, I ran.
    Well, hello, Boromir! He looks good with his head intact! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! So proud of you for your tennis skills!!! :) Having something like that as a hobby is so good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! I have fallen madly in love (get it?!) with Tennis! ;) (((Love means nothing in tennis))) so that was just kinda funny to me. heh heh

      Delete
  4. I feel like Tennis is more like practice to be a saiyen...with a racket!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you really enjoy it! I'm glad you have found something that you love doing so much that keeps you active. That's really important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember taking a tennis class when I was a teen. I put my boys in tennis lessons a few summers ago, hoping I might get a partner but it didn't take with them. One day, one of the other moms and I played while the kids had their lesson. I have trouble finding someone to play with. My dad can still whip me though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, maybe one day soon you can find someone to play with. I am having so much fun with it!

      Delete
  7. Haha back in high school when I was an amazing varsity tennis player( true life! ), who broke up with her boyfriend ( got dumped...) I had a t-shirt that said LOVE means nothing. Or something clever from abercrombie/American eagle whatever. And I thought it was amazing lol. Now I am madly in love and have not lifted my racquets in 5 years to know how bad I suck. Tradesies! Haha. I love reading your tennis updates, vicarious living :-).


    Ps. I know I saw you were already nominated by a billion people, but you are one of my faves so..http://www.showmeashley.com/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I need that shirt! haha Aww, maybe once you heal up you can get hubby out there to play with you some! I am having so much fun with it. I have found my "thang!"

      Aww thanks for that nomination! :D

      Delete
  8. Hahahhaa go you!!! I love that meme!!

    ReplyDelete