Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weekly recap

Wow I'm slightly behind on this post!   Life has been busy lately - work, exercise and sleep is pretty much how its been going for me lately. 


Last week Exercise -

Monday - (Not pictured - 60 minutes of bowling)
Tuesday - 26 minutes of running - C25K W3D1 (No tennis due to rain)
Wednesday - 31 minutes of walking
Thursday - 20 minutes of weight training; 53 minutes of tennis
Friday - rest
Saturday - 25 minutes of running C25K W3D2; 89 minutes of tennis
Sunday - 46 minutes of walking

I decided to repeat W3 of C25K since I didn't get a full 3 days in of running.  I've also decided that I'm really going to not run and play tennis on the same day.  Doing that is just too much and I was really exhausted and fidgety with my legs in the evenings that I did that.

And the bad - Only 1 strength training session this week.  I need to do better there.

My plan this week is M, W, F to run.  Tu, Th and Sat is tennis and maybe also weight training those days.  Walk when I can on my lunch breaks (also weather permitting).  I'd also like to hit the elliptical Wednesday.  I'm also hoping that the gym will be open on Friday this week.  I would like to try to get back to swimming at least once every now and then and that seems like it may be the only day I can get that in is when I'm off work for a holiday.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the Y will be closed though.


Tonight is my first league play!  Excited about it but bummed that Chris had to cancel but the important thing is to get his shoulder better.  And it is, he's just afraid to re-injure it or make it worse so I think he's doing the right thing by backing off for now.

This made me LOL
Oh and I FINALLY did something that I've been meaning to do.. I finally got my behind up yesterday at 4:45 and ran before work.  That is a pretty huge deal for me because the older I get the more I seem to love my sleep especially in the mornings.  I know that it's just going to continue to get hotter and hotter here so I really need to do it before work.  So that's the plan for this week and to try to get accustomed to getting up and getting the running done.


And if you are wondering why I'm sweating profusely at 5:25 am, it's because this is what the temperature was:

at 5:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 And of course today, we had a cold front come through and it's going to be a low of 39º tonight!  Ahh Louisiana weather, just wait 5 minutes and it will change!

100 Mile Challenge - 20.82/100 (need to pick up the pace..)



Doyle loves his daddy.  And that's Chris's brother sneering at the camera in the background.
And no spoilers, but OMG did you guys watch Game of Thrones?!  Oh happy, happy day!  Finally a good wedding to watch!  :)

21 comments:

  1. Look at you, GETTIN' IT with these workouts! And omg getting up before work to run..I am seriously so impressed. GAME OF THRONES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks :) YES GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muwahahahahhaa

      Delete
  2. YES to early runs! I'm still not used to it and I've been doing it for months now. Funny, if you're an hour behind me time zone wise, we're running at the same time! Morning run buddies!
    And triple YES to Game of Thrones. Although, I fully appreciate the acting capability of the said person who played the character. Their skills are amazing. (Like how I tried to make that as non-spoilery as possible?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're right! Neat. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to get used to it either. I have to set 2 alarms and Chris grumbles about that LOL

      You did great with your bad self and not being spoilery! But yes, I do agree. Fab job of acting on their part!

      Delete
  3. Woo!!! You joining me in my morning times!!! People keep asking how I do it, but it does become a habit!! Just keep it up, because we both know that running outdoors just isn't going to happen after 9am because of the heat there and here :)

    Way to go!!

    and GoT? I'm late to the game, Hubs sped through the entire series without me and I just now started watching it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No joke about the running outdoors after 9am! I've already started stockpiling sunscreen. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to being on the tennis courts in mid July - mid September.

      Doh! Girl get busy watching! What season are you on?

      Delete
  4. Look at you waking up early! Well done! That is something that I have yet to master...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is tough. I have to set 2 alarms and sometimes even then I can't do it. Let see how I do this whole weel before passing along the congrats just yet LOL!

      Delete
  5. You got up SO EARLY. Good for you. I am so not dedicated. Mama likes her sleep!

    GAME OF THRONES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did a dance.

    What Tennis racquet do you use? Do you like it? I'm thinking about buying a good one to start and it's so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I do love my sleep too. This is a whole new world again for me. We'll see if I can actually keep it up! :D

      I danced too! I wish we had something proper and celebratory though!

      Hmm ok embarrassed to admit. I have a cheap $30 racquet now but our tennis guru is talking me into getting this bad boy when I get some extra $. It's the Babolat Pure Drive. I tested it out last practice and I loooove it. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_Pure_Drive/descpageRCBAB-BPD11.html

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to run before work again too! I love having it done first thing in the morning.

    Great workout week, Des! You crushed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it is nice getting it out of the way. Thats for sure!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Oh I don't miss that Louisiana weather!!! Crawfish, yes, humidity, never!! Good for you for getting up so early! I wish I could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, you know that humidity is killer. Well, don't go congratulating me yet. I slept through this mornings run! :D

      Delete
  8. Great job on your workouts last week! Girl, you are an exercise MACHINE! I'm so impressed by how much movement you get in in your weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job getting up early and getting it done!! And that Sean Connery thing - I was laughing hysterically to myself and scared the cat.

    The weather here today is insane. It was almost 80* on Monday and this morning I wake up and there was SNOW on the ground. WTF!!! Does Mother Nature know it's April 16th??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the very VERY few times I ran before work I really felt great for the rest of the day but I just can't seem to do it. I only got to do it if I was going in late so I just got up at the same time as usual. I do see how it is a must down in the south!! To be honest I would probably just be on the treadmill in an air conditioned gym instead......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it is really tough! I'd totally do a treadmill except I have shitty coordination! I would so fall! At least with the elliptical I can hold on for dear life! LOL

      Delete
  11. That tennish thing is hilarious! Great job on getting up early! I wish I could!!!

    ReplyDelete