Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekly recap

Morning all! (or afternoon)

Overall I had a really decent week last week!   I did pretty good food-wise every single day and exercise was steady so can't really ask for any more than that!


Here's the breakdown:

Monday - 60 minutes bowling (not pictured); 30 minute walk
Tuesday - 20 minutes weights; 2 hours tennis
Wednesday - 30 minute walk; 21 minutes running (C25K W3D1)
Thursday - 30 minute walk (no tennis due to The Walking Dead Escape)
Friday - 30 minute walk; 15 minutes weights
Saturday - 1hour 8 minutes tennis (instructor didn't show up, so me and the other lady played one set, then volleyed around for a bit)

The good - Weights twice this week.  I'd love to see that up to 3x per week if possible.

The bad - I'm way behind on my 100 mile challenge!  (I'm not counting tennis steps in with it, only running, walking and elliptical).

The ugly - Only 1 run last week!  Ugh, need to do better with getting up and doing it because it's already getting hot here in Louisiana.  I've got to get up and get those in before work.  No more excuses!

This was probably a better week for me eating wise than exercise.  And this may be crazy, but I "feel" slimmer and not as pudgy this week.  Hopefully I'll learn if this is really the case the week after next when I take my measurements.  (I usually do those the first Wednesday in the month).

This weekend was a blur!  It went by way too fast!  I spent most of it playing Infamous: Second Son on the PS4 and looking (and dreaming) at houses.  Other than that, not a lot went on but the weekend sure did fly by.

Oh, I guess I should save this for a NSV but oh well, here goes!

Linking up with Jess at Operation Skinny Jeans, and talking about this mornings run...  So, I got up and went for a run before work this morning (which, if you know me, you know that I will post about that because, letsbehonest... that rarely happens!).  And instead of C25K, I thought to myself, "Self, why not try to run a mile." So I did.  And it didn't suck, although not sure how much longer I could have run beyond that.  But the even better news, is that my time was only like 10 seconds of my best ever time for that one mile.  Are you even kidding me!?  I haven't ran a solid mile since I did it on Thanksgiving (which ironically enough was my best time, speaking of).

So yea, pretty proud of that little feat!

Totally walked that 2nd lap

Here's some more random pics of my weekend:

Turtles sunbathing near the tennis courts

My pretty boy, Loki

And what happened next
And this is what happens when you combine margaritas and science.  The brothers Marshall declaring that they can throw paper airplanes further and straighter than each other.


And the incredible aftermath.  Yep, it landed there!


100 Mile Challenge - 41.66/100

40 comments:

  1. Congrats on the mile! You rock!

    Love you kitties, as always.

    I saw your weekend shananigans! Looks like you had a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kicked that mile's butt! Go you!

    I love the kitty photos. Loki says "Roar!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Loki rarely does anything "uncouth" especially on camera so this was hilarious to me. lol

      Delete
  3. Even if it isnt true, I LOVE having a I don't feel as pudgy week! So just love the feeling, hopefully the inches play nice as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be bummed! You worked out and moved everyday, You are racking up some good burns!

    loved the pics and videos on IG this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turtles!

    And yay for life's little victories :)

    Also, I HATE morning running. Screw that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yea, I hate it too but, I hate afternoon running in 100% humidity even more!

      Delete
  6. I'm not a "runner" ... but I've been challenging myself to run(err, jog) a WHOLE mile, trying to do it once a day (but I don't always, it does take motivation to put the shoes on and do it!). I just keep a steady 5mph pace, and it has been getting easier. On Friday, I impulsively decided to jog a "5k" (on the treadmill) and I DID IT! 3+ miles without stopping. I don't know how often I'll try it again, but I was happy to say I've done that (I did one 5k before, and I pretty much jogged it, but maybe stopped to check on a kid at one point, as the whole family was running it).

    My oldest LOVES turtles, he'd so love to see your picture in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow great job Jen!

      Yea, the turtles all live in the pond by the tennis courts that I go to and there are SO many of them! I've never seen that number of them out of the water like that so I just had to snap a pic!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the mile girl! That's so awesome! Those turtles look so sweet!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOOHOO!!! Running for a mile solid is huge! Great job!! Excellent Amazing what we can do when we put our minds (and bodies) to it. You're rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you ROCKING life! I know you list the good, the bad, and the ugly, but honestly, I am envious of how much you exercise. You are really committed, and that's so inspiring! Also, FANTASTIC job on that mile, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Ashleigh! It's all kinda "normal" to me now and I do tend to feel like I'm slacking, but you're right, when I sit right down and look at it, it is a good bit!

      Delete
  10. Woo hoo! Awesome job with the mile. I think our bodies "remember" once we've done it before and it comes back faster (not necessarily easier though, LOL). Great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that's so true! I overslept this morning so I didn't get a chance to "try" it again. Maybe after work. Dunno.

      Delete
  11. I personally think you are rocking the miles...I"m only at 32 miles out of my 100 for the month! ha ha ha (and I don't count zumba, and anything other than biking, hikes and running...so at least like you've we've been doing other things!)

    Morning runs are necessary for me...otherwise I sit and talk myself out of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryFran! Yea, morning runs are like that for me too. I still don't like running but it is a necessary evil!

      Delete
  12. Wow with the Miles and other workouts too! You're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go! I am loving Loki's roar too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job last week! You are doing an awesome job!!! :D

    BTW, you've been nominated for a Liebster Award! http://www.justmeandmyrunningshoes.com/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you're feeling so great about yourself; keep it up darling! I hope all is well <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the mile! Sometimes you just have to throw Couch to 5K out the window for a little while. :) I loved it overall, but there were definitely days I got tired of the regimented intervals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, agree with that, especially since I've done it and actually completed it once before!

      Delete
  17. Keep up the great work! Sorry I've been MIA lately!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a really good week! And, love the cat pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a productive week. Well done!

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete