Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekly update and Tennis League starts tonight

Yes, they really called it that.

Hi there!   Long time no blog!   No excuse other than just been kinda busy lately and haven't felt like it.  So this will be a mash up of a weekly update and talking about league that starts tonight!

I'm really excited about tonight but hoping the weather is going to hold out for us.  We are expecting some thunderstorms that could possibly pop up this afternoon.  The organizers of the league are supposed to email us by 3:30 and let us know if they are going to have to postpone.  I hope not so I'm over here trying to do the opposite of a rain dance to keep the showers away.


I'm also a bit nervous.  I'm not sure who my partner is going to be.  They don't have enough couples to do a mixed doubles league (but there is one that starts later in the year so there's that...) so playing with Mr. Skinny Geek is out.  Plus his shoulder is still a bit "iffy". I've been trying to convince him to go to the doctor (ha! I didn't capitalize it this time....) but to no avail yet.  He has a yearly physical coming up on the 10th so I'm sure he'll mention it then.  Serving for him is completely out.  He tried on Saturday and it started acting up again.

Weekly recap -




Last week was pretty good.  I'd give exercise an A+ and food a B-.  Here's the breakdown of exercise:

Monday - 30 minutes walking; 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - W2D2 C25K 30 minutes; 47 minutes walking
Wednesday - 50 minutes elliptical; 16 minutes strength training
Thursday - W2D3 C25K 30 minutes; 29 minutes walking; 54 minutes tennis
Friday - 30 minutes walking
Saturday - 20 minutes strength training; 1hour 34 minutes tennis
Sunday - rest

Food was mostly ok with the exception of Sunday.  I did have 2 cake squares at our friends while playing Dungeons and Dragons Saturday but because of all the calories burned with tennis, I didn't feel too much guilt in enjoying those.   Sunday, started out ok but we did skip breakfast and we went to see Captain America.  I asked Chris to bring me a water while I went and got our seats, he came back with my water but also a big bag of peanut m&ms for me.  I devoured the whole thing.  And then we just mindlessly snacked for the rest of the day and by the time it was dinner and Game of Thrones time, I wasn't even hungry and didn't even bother logging anything on Sunday.

Sadly, no picture of the cake squares
So I'm back on track as of yesterday though.

Oh one more awesome thing!  My friend Cristi lives in Atlanta and works on set design and such and she came across a lady who was making some very interesting jewelry!  She bought me these earrings:






It's a little hard to see but they are the actual bullet casings from the Walking Dead Season 4 finale!  They came with a letter of authenticity too!


Well guess I better wrap this up.  I took today off to hang out with my dad.  We are going to check out Captain America (again for me!) and maybe watch something else too.  Should be a fun day!

100 Mile Challenge - 15.52/100

26 comments:

  1. Great job on your workouts Ms. Serena...I can't believe how many calories you burn at tennis!!! If I was sporty, I'd def have to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jasmine! I'm only marginally sporty, so you could totally do it!

      Delete
  2. Wow you're killing it at your workouts! and you're looking so pretty in that foto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that stinks that your other half is injured! I hope he gets that checked out. Those earrings are so cool! I love pieces like that-with a back story to them. Have fun at tennis tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, he *should* be going to the doc today for his annual physical. I'm sure he'll mention it!

      Bummer, tennis was rained out!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoy tennis, but haven't played in quite a while. It's hard to find the time, a partner, a court ... and as you said, the weather can impact it. I'm just a very casual, "fun fun and exercise" player ... not a ton of skill. The hubs and I used to play racquetball quite a bit, but then he hurt his shoulder. My membership to the gym has since expired (the only reason we had it was for racquetball, as I have a complete home gym and do my workouts at home).

    The Walking Dead ends ... Game of Thrones begins ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, bummer about your hubby's shoulder too. Maybe you guys can get back into it.
      Yep, sad as I am to see TWD end, at least GoT is there to keep us company!

      Delete
  5. Um OMG WALKING DEAD EARRINGS! That is sooooo super duper awesome!! And I agree with JAsmine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that name. So clever!
    How did you like Captain America? Man, I am slacking on seeing sequels lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      OH MAN I can't believe I haven't posted about Cap. But I FREAKING LOVED IT! It was fantastic. Better than the 1st Cap movie but not quite as good as The Avengers. I adored it. (I've seen it twice now!)

      Delete
  7. OMG love the earrings! And great job on the work outs... A little cake never hurts (every thing in moderation) right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alma, and you're right! Cake = good, especially after a high calorie burn ;)

      Delete
  8. That Sets in the City is so cool! I use to belong to a tennis club until I figured out I could just play at the local park for free...haha. I often think about joining up again for the winter months though! I don't watch walking dead but I know many people who do and I bet they would think those earrings are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, we are really loving doing the whole tennis thing! So much fun! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Huzzah for D&D and those earrings are the bomb diggity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice week! You already know I adore those earrings. And that's a bummer your tennis got cancelled. The name is pretty funny though! Tell Mr. SG that he should definitely mention the shoulder at his appt tomorrow. Better safe than sorry, plus he'll already be there anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's true! Hopefully he did mention to the doc. We shall see!

      Delete
  11. Don't ever feel bad about cake....we all need a treat once in awhile! Beautiful picture of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job this week! I totally understand the mindless eating, but way to jump back on the tracking the next day. One day of bad eating won't ruin all of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! Yea, hope not but then again it may have. Tempted to just chunk the scale!

      Delete
  13. Good job this week! Yay to tennis....I go out with my husband but what we 'do' can hardly be called tennis. HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryFran! Ha! That was totally us at first too. The lessons helped! Now we can marginally keep the ball in the court! LOL

      Delete