Friday, May 16, 2014

Freaky Friday

This week has been cray cray for me.  I'll explain more on my weekly wrap up on Monday but basically it started out like this.  Saturday night/Sunday - sick,  Monday - better but still "off", Tuesday - normal, Wednesday and half of Thursday - Montezuma's revenge happened (except that I wasn't in Mexico..), Friday - Plantar Faciitis reared its ugly head.

So this week has downright sucked.  There really is no other word for it.

And let's not even talk about my eating this week.  Ugh.

Yesterday afternoon I finally felt normal for the first time since Saturday morning so I decided to go ahead and go to Tennis (forehand) clinic.  I did well there, no problems at all....

And it was a beautiful day and gorgeous weather!

Even the ducks weren't all stalker-ish like they usually are

Until I woke up this morning and the P.F. hit me full force.  I haven't had a bad flare up like this in a long while.  I actually woke up with my running alarm for once and wanted to head out the door and get a run in.  It wasn't meant to be.  About 30 seconds in and after every time my foot struck down, I was dealing with some pretty bad pain so I opted to walk it.  Walking wasn't nearly as bad as the running. 

This is my pain face, not to be confused with my sad face, although they look similar.
So hoping this clears up.  I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day today and then re-evaluate each day (I do not want to miss tennis tomorrow!  We had a rain out Tuesday so if I miss tomorrow that means I've only played once this week! BOOO).  Frozen water bottles are going to be my bff this weekend.  Just when I get back into a good flow with running and don't despise it.    So. Damn. Frustrated. 

Maybe I need to go back to Physical Therapy again?  Maybe that'll spur hubby onto coming with me for his shoulder. 

Hopefully Doctor Doyle will be at my beck and call this weekend

25 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! Maybe you'll need ongoing physical therapy? Or your Doctor could give you stretches to do when you're having issues?

    Doctor Doyle will definitely cuddle you and make you feel better that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I do have some stretches that I really need to be doing all the time. I just don't happen to think of them until I have a flare up. :(

    Yep, Doctor Doyle is the perfect prescription!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therapy could definitely be a good option. I know PF is not a fun or easy thing to deal with. Glad to hear that you are feeling better though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yea, tummy issues have seemed to have gone away now (thank goodness)!

      Delete
  4. Oh man that sucks. Well, you got a walk in so that's good. I feel your pain!

    Enjoy the cuddles with Doyle. Hope they help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo girl! That foot pain sucks!! Hope it gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the week officially sucked for me as well :(
    but i love your determination about tennis!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh sorry your week sucked too. Hopefully next is better for us both!

      Delete
  7. Aww kitty! I am SO sorry about the PF and also Montezuma's revenge...I hate Montezuma's revenge!!! I hope you feel better soon, friend. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you will get a PF massage from the kitty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the glasses!!!! Sorry the foot's giving you a hard time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your illness and injuries!! :( I hope ever tuning is better soon. The duck picture madee laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer about your foot I hate it when your mind is ready but your body has a different plan. I love the sunglasses to cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, stinks. I've rested it a good bit this weekend so we shall see how it goes!

      Delete
  12. Oh boooo! Crappy week! I hope next week is better and your PF gets kicked to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh crap, sorry you had such a rough week. A friend of mine ruptured her plantar fascia this week just walking (I'd be so pissed!!). Ouch... I'm working on a post about plantar fasciitis since I've struggled with it too. I think it's a risky move, but mine made a huge turn for the better when I let a sports massage person massage the area. I thought she might have ruptured it at first because it hurt like heck, but it's what made me turn the corner. Hope it feels better soon and that it doesn't impact your tennis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK! Omg that is my biggest fear! Is she having to have surgery now? I've had the Physical Therapist massage it but not sure if she got in there as detailed as your person did. Interesting. I may need to look into that. Having people touch my feet gives me the heebie geebies though.

      Delete
  14. man sucky week indeed, hope this week is better

    ReplyDelete