First off, thank you ALL for the kind words and emails after yesterday's post. I'm doing a bit better and finally think I've got my head back on straight. Yesterday was still pretty bad eating but I did manage a 30 minute walk and I know that always makes me feel better, and it did.
So these last 9 months of plateau have led me to the conclusion that I've learned how to maintain but now I need to get back to the basics I think. I am ready to get back to losing weight, being accountable and HONEST with not only everyone, but myself too. So, I am really thinking that I'm going to be linking up with Shannon and doing her June Challenge!
More info can be found on her blog post here but the basics are this:
1) Water: drink
3 liters of water/day (at minimum). Feel free to add sliced fruit to
your water to give it flavor. Avoid pop and sugary drinks. (Allowed 1
Can you tell this lovely lady is Canadian? heh heh
2) Portion Control: Weigh
your food and be aware of the portions that you are eating. Use smaller
plates and bowls to trick your mind in to thinking you are eating more
than you are.
3) Exercise: Exercise
for a minimum of 30 minutes/6 days a week. It can be broken in to
increments of 15 minutes and can be cardio or weight-lifting. You pick
This is easily do-able for me.
I am definitely going to be paying extra special attention to the portion control one and just add a few little addendum's for myself.
1. No alcohol at all for June. Ya'll know I love my beer so this will be a challenge for sure and what's the point of a challenge if I don't up the ante. So I'll be having a going away party for any beer that's left in my fridge today and tomorrow.
2. Weigh in every Wednesday - Yep, said I wasn't but I really need the accountability. I had given up on the scale for so long now and apparently I wasn't doing any better going it alone, so, going back to it.
3. No snacks other than fruit or Larabars/Quest bars or protein shakes (i.e. no crap - cookies, candy, chips.
4. Try to eat as clean as I possibly can. I'm really going to try to focus on meal planning and cooking 90% of my meals.
5. No video games or netflix until I've completed my 30 minutes of exercise for the day. Yea, if I sit down, the rest just won't happen, so this will help me get it out of the way first thing.
So that's my game plan to get back on track and hopefully shake things up a bit so this stupid weight will start coming off again.
Anyone else interested in joining, head over to Shannon's page and let her know!