Friday, May 30, 2014

Getting my head back in the game and Tatlock's Truth June Challenge

First off, thank you ALL for the kind words and emails after yesterday's post.  I'm doing a bit better and finally think I've got my head back on straight.   Yesterday was still pretty bad eating but I did manage a 30 minute walk and I know that always makes me feel better, and it did.

So these last 9 months of plateau have led me to the conclusion that I've learned how to maintain but now I need to get back to the basics I think.  I am ready to get back to losing weight, being accountable and HONEST with not only everyone, but myself too.  So, I am really thinking that I'm going to be linking up with Shannon and doing her June Challenge!


More info can be found on her blog post here but the basics are this:

1) Water: drink 3 liters of water/day (at minimum). Feel free to add sliced fruit to your water to give it flavor. Avoid pop and sugary drinks. (Allowed 1 pop/week.)   

Can you tell this lovely lady is Canadian?  heh heh  

2) Portion Control: Weigh your food and be aware of the portions that you are eating. Use smaller plates and bowls to trick your mind in to thinking you are eating more than you are.

3) Exercise: Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes/6 days a week. It can be broken in to increments of 15 minutes and can be cardio or weight-lifting. You pick your poison.



This is easily do-able for me.

I am definitely going to be paying extra special attention to the portion control one and just add a few little addendum's for myself.

1. No alcohol at all for June.  Ya'll know I love my beer so this will be a challenge for sure and what's the point of a challenge if I don't up the ante.  So I'll be having a going away party for any beer that's left in my fridge today and tomorrow.
2. Weigh in every Wednesday - Yep, said I wasn't but I really need the accountability.  I had given up on the scale for so long now and apparently I wasn't doing any better going it alone, so, going back to it.
3. No snacks other than fruit or Larabars/Quest bars or protein shakes  (i.e. no crap - cookies, candy, chips.
4. Try to eat as clean as I possibly can.  I'm really going to try to focus on meal planning and cooking 90% of my meals.
5. No video games or netflix until I've completed my 30 minutes of exercise for the day.  Yea, if I sit down, the rest just won't happen, so this will help me get it out of the way first thing.

So that's my game plan to get back on track and hopefully shake things up a bit so this stupid weight will start coming off again.

Anyone else interested in joining, head over to Shannon's page and let her know!




26 comments:

  1. Have you seen the workout designed around certain shows? Like there's a GoT one where every time you see a Dire Wolf you do 10 crunches. Or thirty jumping jacks every time Tyrion is snarky. http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/23/game-of-thrones-workout-plan-kingslayer-abs/
    I know you can rock this challenge. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen them and I LOVE those! (Although I've never done one!)

      Delete
  2. It made me kind of excited to see this post! So excited for you to link up with me and do the June Challenge!

    Thinking positively, you know how to maintain, that's awesome! Now to just get to a weight that you WANT to maintain, that's the challenge and that's certainly MY challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better, getting out there and moving usually helps! Portion control is my real problem. My six foot tall husband can eat like a linebacker and I need to stop joining in. Great plan and great points!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great game plan, if Quest bars were not so expensive I would buy them for our "junk" craving food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are crazy expensive! I do need to try the quest ones one of these days!

      Delete
  5. I've been stuck for the last...ohhh way too many months too! Lets get this done!!!!! You've got it...I've got it!!!! Your plans sound GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do this girl!! You are such an inspiration for how far you've already come, and maintaining what you have lost, this is just a bump in the road. I have the utmost faith that you can break through this and get to where you want to be! I'm anxiously waiting to hear all the good reports!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! Remember, reading your blog helped motivate me to get off my butt and make it smaller :)
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're feeling better, here is to a much better month

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It feels better to have a plan, doesn't it? You're gonna rock this challenge. June will fear you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear your determination in this post!

    I would just add to your list consistently sleeping for 7.5 hours, and not eating carbs two hours before bed...because all those goals on your to do list will be much easier when you're well rested!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HGM! Yea, I try to not eat anything after 7pm. It's been a good habit and good idea about those carbs!
      Sleeping is a good reminder too.

      Delete
  11. Great post. Remember as you go through this challenge that it's a living thing, you can tweak it as you go along. Sometimes when I've done these challenges if something isn't working I'm tempted to toss the whole thing. If something isn't working, tweak it, make adjustments, and then keep going forward. Love your energy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great goals. It's always hard to recommit, but it shows courage. You've got this! I think I'm going to join in on the link ups for Wednesday weigh in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome on you joining up! It's great for accountability!

      Delete