Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Non-Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday  

This is going to be an all-over-the-place brain dump since I really have nothing at all to report!  Booo!

Scale is still a no-go.  Plus my eating has been "off" since the whole stomach fiasco.  After barely eating anything Sunday, I seem to not be able to turn anything away and I'm starving all the time it feels like.  So yea, not even going to think about the scale right now.  Plus I think T.O.M. is right around the corner and that may also have something to do with feeling as ravenous as a T-Rex at a goat buffet.

Tennis got cancelled last night.  It poured for like 10 minutes but I guess it was enough to cancel.  I was bummed about that.  This is probably our 2nd to last league play.  They wanted us to start thinking of a partner who we'd like to pair up with going into the last 2 weeks.  I always get nervous about that (fear of getting picked last - even though I am kinda athletic, I'm just not that good). 


I'm starting to watch the Tennis Channel like ALL the time.  When there isn't anything on tv, I go straight to the tennis channel.  I'm thinking that I'm becoming obsessed.  I want to play all the time.  I even found a game app.  Is this how runners who love to run feel?  Cause the way I love tennis is not the way I love running and I know there are people out there who love it.  I can't seem to find very many that feel that way about tennis?  Hmm.  Interesting.  If you love tennis, tell me.  I want to geek out with you!

So I totally slept in this morning and missed my run.  I may try to go after work tonight if the weather is ok.  If it isn't, I'll have to go run boring laps in the boring gym at the Y.    Although it is supposed to be really nice in the morning.  Maybe I'll run tonight AND tomorrow.  Back to the morning stuff,  I still am only managing to get up about once per week and do it early.   As it gets hotter, I will really need to make an effort to just get up and do it.  I already have 2 alarms set as it is that I manage to snooze through.

Loki and I watched Agents of Shield last night
I'm really glad that I picked back up with watching Agents of Shield again.  They've really turned it up a notch.  I gave up on it probably about 6 episodes in and then a co-worker convinced me right around the time of Captain America to start it up again.  I'm glad I did!  The finale was so good!   I'm glad that the show is getting better.

Alrighty that's about all I have for today I suppose.  If you are weighing in today, good luck!

Are you obsessed with a sport?  Tell me about it?!  (my new order of obsession is this.. Tennis, tennis tennis, basketball (college only..sorry! LSU!  Geaux Tigers!), tennis, college football - LSU again, pro football - Tampa Bay Bucs, baseball - (LSU, Tampa Bay Rays, S.F. Giants), tennis, oh and tennis. 

38 comments:

  1. I think I might binge watch that show this summer when nothing else is on. Hopefull I can binge watch it. I watched the first three eps and gave up.
    I love geeking out over a sport! Go you and your tennis obsession. And since I have been known to watch a televised marathon or two, I feel ya! Hubs thinks it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, you will have to suffer through quite a few eps, but trust me when they get to the Hydra stuff, it gets VERY interesting again.

    Yea, I did watch a bit of the Boston Marathon. I could totally do that again I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I am so bad at waking up in the morning. Still haven't found a good method for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, if you find a way to do it and be successful with waking up, please let me know!

      Delete
  4. I love tennis too! I just never play it, lol .I need to start doing that again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still a grumpy couch bound lady in a cast. I have started getting into weight lifting again, kinda obsessed a little ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Agents of Shield, you always have to give Joss some time to character develop. Then he blows you away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true about Joss.. I gave up too soon I think and I totally know better!

      Delete
  7. haha T.O.M--never heard it that way before! May start using it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As long as you're not a Nadal fan, I'll love you forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I think I like Djokovic and Andy Murray more. Nadal's facial expressions kinda freak me out. Seriously..google an image search of "nadal facial expressions"

      Delete
  9. The way the TV is positioned over Loki's head it looks like a little hat LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waking up in the morning is also a BIG challenge for me like everyday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep same here! I did it twice this week so that's an improvement!

      Delete
  11. Ugh TOM suckkkkss.

    I'm happy you have something you can be passionate about, and burn tons of cals doing it! That's how I wish I felt about running. I do feel that way about hockey, but next winter is a little way off, and I"m not wishing it here any sooner than it has to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya there about the Winter (especially after the one you guys had!) I've tried to feel like this about Running but it just isn't happening!

      Delete
  12. I love love love tennis! I totally get you, never fear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get back into your groove soon. I am so bad sometimes at getting up to get workouts in - my bed is just comfier than working out lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it is really hard to get up but the weather is only going to get hotter here and if I don't get up and do it then I'm stuck doing laps in the gym, which is just my own personal hate!

      Delete
  14. Gee, you should probably find something you enjoy. You don't seem to like tennis enough. ;)

    Btw, this is amazing: "feeling as ravenous as a T-Rex at a goat buffet"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grrrr I hate when I get off track for whatever reason (injury....sickness...etc) It's always so hard to pull it back together!!! You've got this! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We gave up on Agents of Shield earlier in the season. I've heard that it got better (and I do adore Agent Coulson) so we may try to catch back up via streaming over the summer. - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, you probably gave up on it around the time that I did. I'll have to rewatch that first season to so that I can catch up on the ones that I missed.

      Delete
  17. Tennis is awesome! I took lessons one summer and then kinda forgot it whenever I didn't make the school team. I always watch Wimbledon, so maybe I'll start watching the tennis channel too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Yea, the French Open is coming up in a few days too!

      Delete
  18. I love tennis! I took lessons one summer but then fell off the tennis wagon when I didn't make the school team. I always watch Wimbledon, so maybe I need to start watching the tennis channel too! Also, your T-Rex at a goat buffet comment cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Watching tennis on tv? Ugh that sounds awful, yes I can diagnose you as truly loving tennis! I guess it's like me watching the Boston Marathon coverage, huh? I do love running like that. I'm glad you've found a sport that inspires you, that is awesome!! My eating has been pretty ok this week in quality, but I've been really hungry too so my quantity is probably too much and the stupid stupid stupid scale is pissing me off in a major way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Maybe a good comparison there yes! Yea, I've been so hungry all week and it hasn't slowed down either. :/

      Delete
  20. I'm obsessed with running the way you are with tennis! ;-) I used to play tennis in high school. I loved it too! But I was and am still horrible at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I definitely don't think I'm ever going to feel like I'm topped out so I think there is always room to improve! I guess that's true with everything (running, tennis...)! Glad you like running like that!

      Delete