Monday, May 5, 2014

NSV....Monday and sports bra nirvana

2 posts in one day!  Whaaaat!?!?

Too excited to wait until Thursday to share this one!  I've lamented before about Women's sizes and how shitty they are but not about the special personal hell that is a Sports/Athletic store and you are a larger person.  There is nothing more depressing than seeing loads and loads of cute little outfits that you can't possibly fit into much less look like a stuffed sausage when actually wearing them.

One of our errands Saturday was making a stop at our local Academy Sports and Outdoors shop since I needed some new protein powder for my smoothies.  I've been thinking about getting a few tank tops now, since my arms are starting to get small(er) and that I don't want the ever popular farmer's tan that I would get by just wearing t-shirts or wicking shirts all the time.   So I decided to browse around the clothes section.  I saw a color and style that I liked so picked up the XL.  It was too big!  I can't believe it either!

I went back and grabbed the Large size and went back into the dressing room, thinking there was no way.

Excuse the bra strap and goofy look in my face
A little tight in the boob area, but it otherwise fit!  You betcha I bought that!

After stopping at Academy, we knocked out a few more errands and then stopped at Target for our weekly grocery trip.  I decided to pop into the Activewear area after mentioning to Chris that I needed/wanted a better sports bra.  (I looked at Academy but they were really expensive).  And came across this one:
It's the C9 by Champion Women's Medium Support Molded cup bra and I gave it a whirl on my run this morning.  The reviews were "iffy" on the website, but I have to tell you, that I LOVE this bra!  It kept my girls from jiggling too much when running plus it was super duper comfy.  I told Chris, this morning that I want to go and buy all the colors now! 

Oh and disclaimer time, Target did not pay me for this review (although they should as much as I shop there!)

41 comments:

  1. Yay!! That shirt is super cute and congrats on feeling so great in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about the L! That's awesome! Good to know about the Target sports bra... I need to go check it out. I'm down to one that fits ok and can NOT make myself shell out the cash for an expensive one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, why are they so so expensive! So frustrating! I think I spent about $16 on this one and worth every penny!

      Delete
  3. Love the shirt color!!!
    Bonus for the size! woo!!

    Yes, a perfect post for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! I love it too! It was a little too cool to wear it for running this morning (sleeves were my friend, this time around!) but I'll definitely be wearing this one for tennis!

      Delete
  4. oh my goodness what an exciting shopping day!!! thanks for the 411 on that bra, I am totally gonna look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Target's running capris, but unfortunately the sports bras are not nearly supportive enough for me. I hope they start making a more supportive one because you can't freaking beat their prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I know what you mean, now I did see some "high" support ones too. This one that I bought was medium and it was way way better than anything I've ever had before.

      Delete
  6. My worst nightmare is keeping my boobs from falling down in a run, and till date I haven't found a good Bra! Uggh! I would go check this one out now! Thanks for sharing :) and the Shirt looks so cute, I love the color! Congrats on the smaller size too, you're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!! Congrats on the great purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw this made me smile so wide! I recently had this problem, but it was for a fancy dress costume so it didn't click (workout gear in fancy dress? Well, yes. I'm so genius.)

    Congrats lovely, you're doing so well! Keep up the good work, Slim! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE C9 sports bras! They are the only ones I wear. I'm smaller chested so I am lucky and get to buy all the fun colored/patterned ones. That tank is also super cute. Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those colors and patterns of them too but man my girls do some jiggling in those. So for now (at least until I lose a couple more bra sizes, I think I'm stuck with the higher support ones!)

      Delete
  10. I need to find cute tanks for running this summer. I hate my arms but one thing I am working on is loving all of me. So running in tanks and shorts will be a big step. :) Lookin good girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, my arms are a problem area too but I'm working on those as well and they are not nearly as bad as they once were!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  11. That is also AWESOME! I love the Champion athletic wear at target. It's my fave!!! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It can be a total bitch to find a good sports bra, so I agree go back and buy all the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, you know it. I'm going back this weekend to snag a few more I think!

      Delete
  13. Woohoo Des! That's awesome on the tank! It looks great on you!!!! I love the C9 stuff at Target!!! Most of my running shirts are from there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I really do love Targets selection and it's cheaper than the other athletic stores too!

      Delete
  14. Awesome NSV! Love the shirt and wow the amazing serendipity of discovering a sports bra that fits and is comfortable and holds the girls in place.... You should buy a lotto ticket too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you don't mind me asking, how big are the girls? I CANNOT find a bra for them to save my life. I think I just like WAY too much support, but for the price, I might give this one a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok my girls are around 38DD and 38DDD. Like smack dab in between those cup sizes. They are finally deflating ever so slightly (and much to hubby's dismay!) lol

      Delete
  16. CONGRATS!!! What an awesome NSV!!!! That bra is cute!!! I am in love with Old Navy compression sports bras they hold the girls together...lol!! AWESOMENESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hmm I've never tried Old Navy's! Are they good too? How expensive are they there?

      Delete
  17. The Champion sports bras are great and Target has sales & coupons for them all the time, which is even better. I'd hate to imagine a world without Target! Congrats on the NSV - that top is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ahh yea, good to know about those coupons! I always forget to look!

      Delete
  18. Fitting into a smaller size was something that definitely kept me motivated. Congratulations on your NSV! You look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!! I still remember the time when I moved down from plus sized to "regular" sized. I even remember when I could finally buy a pair of pants in the store because there was a time I could find no pants at all that would fit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dude! I'm going to get one of the sports' bras now! (Target: you guys NEED to pay this lady! Just saying)
    Congrats on the size dropping!

    ReplyDelete