Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend rewind and weekly recap

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!



Hope you all had a good week and a even better weekend!  We sure did!  Nothing ruins your weekend like a Monday, eh?

Alrighty let me knock out last weeks recap first.


Monday - (not pictured) 60 minutes bowling; 35 minutes running
Tuesday - 45 minutes walking; 2 hours tennis
Wednesday - nada (P.F. flare up)
Thursday - 67 minutes tennis (I won, I won, I won - more on that in a sec..!)
Friday - 32 minutes running
Saturday - 65 minutes elliptical; 25 minutes weights
Sunday - rest day

Overall had a pretty good week I'd say. 

The good - I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I won! I actually beat someone!  My best friend John (who is also losing weight too but since he's a boy he loses easily) decided to start throwing some tennis into his routine too and since Thursday night's clinic was cancelled for me and I still wanted to get some in, I gave him a call.  He jumped at the chance.  John is pretty semi-athletic by nature so I wasn't sure how this was going to go at first.  And he is a newbie to actual tennis, I think once he gets his shots down and works on his form a bit, he will be tough to beat.  But for now, I claim this victory!

6-1; 6-0.  BOOM!
The bad - only 2 runs this week.

The ugly - Only ONE day of weights.  Must do better with this.

Food was about 85% this week.  I actually ate out twice this week and both times, made smart choices (grilled fish and a baked potato at both restaurants each time), which is much better than what I'd normally get at this places (one was a ribs place the other was a seafood restaurant).  And I really consider this a huge victory... work was giving away Krispy Kreme donuts today.  In case you didn't really understand the sentence.. I PASSED UP KRISPY KREME DONUTS!   I truly did!  That is a major accomplishment for me.  Now if I survive the rest of the week, we will be good.  We are having employee appreciation week here at work.

Oh and I meal prepped like a fiend Sunday too.  I have 6 lemon pepper chicken with carrot meals, 2 breaded chicken meals and 6 spaghetti meals.  We should not even have to cook unless we want to this week!

The weekend was really nice and the weather was perfect!  After work Friday, the whole family got together with some friends sprinkled in to celebrate my aunt's retirement!  We went out to a local seafood restaurant and had a really nice time!  Saturday, got up, went to the gym since tennis clinic was also cancelled for the weekend due to a tournament my Y was hosting.  So went to the gym instead and glad I got it in. 

After the gym, I came home and showered and Chris and I went and ran some errands.  I do have a NSV that happened while we were out and about that I'll share with you guys in a separate post!  After making a few stops (haircuts), we decided to check out a fruit stand since the last few times I've gotten grapes, they've been bad.  Plus I'm trying really hard to eat more fruits and veggies so I wanted to stock up.



We will for sure be doing this more often I think.  They had a wonderful selection and I couldn't leave without spying my favorite jelly of all time (and I rarely get it!), Wild Muscidine jelly!  Yay!  Also scored some grapes, bananas, potatoes and Louisiana strawberries!  After the produce market, we knocked out the grocery shopping then went home.  The rest of the weekend was doing a few things around the house (mowing the lawn, cleaning stuff, laundry, etc.) and then just vegging out as much as we could.  Chris and I played a good bit of Borderlands 2.  We just started playing again and love that game!


Oh I also celebrated Star Wars Day in appropriate fashion yesterday...


Lightsaber earrings and a SW tshirt


How was your weekend?  Do anything fun?  Did you celebrate Star Wars Day and say "May the Fourth be with you?" all day long and annoy all of facebook, like I did?!  

100 Mile Challenge - 53.68/100


15 comments:

  1. You are so pretty!! Congrats on the win!

    What does wild muscadine jelly taste like!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much!

      Muscadine (to me) tastes a little sweeter than a grape.

      Delete
  2. Awesome NSV! Tight in the top is ok, it'll help support you, right?
    Sounds like an awesome week and go you and your healthy food choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true about the top! Didn't think about that!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. and holy crap, woman, you earned about five million negative calories for passing up a Krispy Kreme donut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FANTASTIC weekend! And go you with passing up those Krispy Kremes, that is so hard to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you know I geeked out in all my official forums for the Fourth. :)

    Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome week! Congrats on your tennis win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so need those earrings! Also love the shirts you posted a few posts back!

    ReplyDelete