Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekly rewind and weekly recap

Why do the weekends go by so very fast?!

How was your weekend?  Did y'all have a good one?  Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, whether you have the 2 legged kind or the 4 legged ones!

I put together a little photo collage of my kid, Devyn.


My weekend started out wonderful but ended up being not so good.  More on that in a sec.  Let's knock out the Good, the Bad and the Ugly first.

The good - Ran for 20 minutes straight this morning.  Also got complimented at tennis clinic about my racquet speed and my forehand!

The bad - Only 2 runs and only 2 weight trainings

The ugly - Stomach virus, nausea and (tmi) vomiting for Mother's Day....yay...    Ugh felt miserable.  I woke Chris up as I was in tears around 1 am Sunday.  Throwing up is like the worst thing ever for me.  I hate it so much.  And then having to do it more than once.  Ugh.   So needless to say, it was a very unpleasant Mother's Day.  Dev was feeling under the weather too, so I just told her that we'd try again maybe next weekend to hang out. 

Here's last week's recap:




Monday - 60 minutes bowling (not pictured); 20 minutes running; 20 minutes walking
Tuesday - 20 minutes weight training; 2 hours of tennis
Wednesday - 14 minutes running; 20 minutes elliptical
Thursday - 60 minutes tennis
Friday - nothing/rest
Saturday - 20 minutes weight training; 50 minutes elliptical
Sunday - nothing/rest


I could tell that yesterday's stomach-palooza issues affected my run this morning.  Of course, I could be a tad bit dehydrated too and then the 91% humidity this morning didn't help but I still managed to get my running mile in and then some.  I set out with a goal this morning of trying to run for 20 minutes straight.  During that first mile, I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to do it but then I had to have a self pep talk.  I know I can run a mile straight now.   So it may not have been as fast as I have ran lately, but it's better than nothing!  Once I hit the 20 minute mark, I walked the rest to total 2 miles.  (It looked like I ran 20 minutes last week but that was a run/walk)

As "slow" as a 14 minute mile is, that's still much faster than when I first started!

Speaking of miles.  I am way way behind on my 100 mile challenge.  My co-worker and I decided to stop walking at lunch and on breaks because it's already getting so hot here and that is really putting a damper on my mileage.   See...

100 Mile Challenge - 61.8/100

And I have roughly 2 and  a half weeks to try to make up the difference.  I may try to walk indoors at work.  The problem is that my phone gps doesn't work inside.  So what I may end up doing is going back and looking at my mile times and averaging it out between about 5 of them.  Then walk for that allotted amount of time that I usually walk and the use that average mileage.  Does that sound fair?

Despite Sunday, Chris and I had a nice weekend.  We are almost caught up with The Guild on netflix (and that show is so much funnier now that I'm several years removed from my World of Warcraft days...).  And we played some Borderlands 2 and Diablo on the PS3.  Good stuff for a lazy and rainy weekend.


Doyle's audition photo for Playcat magazine.  I cropped out his boy bits.

How was your weekend?  Do anything fun/active?  Did you guys have a nice Mother's Day?

27 comments:

  1. Ohh man, sorry that you were sick this weekend. I hate throwing up too. It's the worst!

    Great run this morning!!! That first 20 minutes straight in the C25K training plan was the hardest mentally for me. It just seems so long. LOL Way to pep talk yourself and sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! Yea, being sick is the worst. I'm still not quite 100% yet myself but I'm much, much better than I was yesterday with it. Just taking things slow at work and evaluating how I'm feeling and trying to eat bland stuff too.

      Delete
  2. Do you have a step tracker on your phone? When I have to walk indoors becuase of the weather I use a step tracker instead of the GPS because my GPS doesn't work either.

    Boo to being sick! I'm impressed you got out there and ran today. GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, no I don't. Does the step calculator also track miles? I'll have to look into it.

      I'm kinda impressed that I ran today too. I'm not quite up to 100%. Of course, I ran on an empty stomach and now that I've got stuff going in, I'm in queasy-ville.

      Delete
  3. Sorry that your mother's day was no fun, hope you feel better soon. But WOW, look at last week's workouts and today's run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! Good job on your success thus far - you look amazing!!

    I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, LuckyMama! Going to check your blog out now! Thank you! :)

      You can do it!

      Delete
  5. Boo for being sick on Mother's Day!! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo to being sick!!! I literally cry when I throw up. Then there was that time I had Bronchitis and got the Norovirus .... I couldn't even cry anymore I was so SICK. So insta- sympathy here from the Show me Camp... BLAH!!!

    <3 Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea that was totally me Saturday night/Sunday morning. I can't even imagine with the Bronchitis and the Norovirus too! Ack!

      Feeling much better as the day wore on. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. eurgh that sounds like a pretty horrific weekend! I hope you feel 100% sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHHH I'm so sorry you were sick!!!! But go you for running afterward..that is super impressive. I hope you are feeling better..adorable collage of Dev and Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Des! I am so sorry you were sick! The stomach bug is the absolute WORST sickness ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! Stomach bugs are just terrible. Awesome job on the running!! I have to have those little "talks" with myself fairly regularly when I run. It tends to go like this for me: Me: "Wow this is hard, I can't possibly keep running" Me: "Um, it's only been 2 minutes, you'll feel better soon just keep going" Me: "No, I'm probably going to die, it is very hot and I'm tired and I think I left the stove on, let's go home and check." Me: "Suck it up buttercup and keep moving!". And so on... Oh and I love The Guild and I never even played WoW, I just am friends with lots of people who did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that sounds JUST like my inner monologue too!

      Yea, that's a great show. I hope they do more. We just finished the convention episode! So many awesome cameos!

      Delete
  11. Oh that sucks about the stomach bug! Congrats on your 20 minutes though - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was sick last Wednesday and laid in bed chanting in my head "I will not throw up, I will not throw up, I will not throw up"

    Kudos to you though for running the day after !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sorry you were sick too! Are you feeling better now?

      Delete
  13. Boo about the stomach virus but super huge congrats on the 20 minutes of running! That's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete