Monday, June 30, 2014

June recap & weekend shenanigans

Ok let's get June out of the way and move on.  I'm ready for July!


And this is why I've been maintaining and not losing.  June started out with so much promise but then fizzled.  I think we had a lot going on and then being in the process of selling our 3rd car, having to go out at weird random times to show the car off and the finally getting it sold took a lot of the wind out of my sails to to speak.  The motivation was there, just not much that I could do with people calling at odd times.  Anyway, the good news is that it's done and now I can just keep on moving forward (downward.. maybe?!)

Overall, food choices in June were better.  I'd say about 70% good until my husband decided to introduce Nutter Butters to me.  In all of my (almost) 40 years, I've never had a Nutter Butter and now I want all the Nutter Butters.  So yea, I need to limit myself with those deliciously evil things.

So I guess June wasn't too bad.  It just wasn't as good as I had hoped either.

Weekend recap -
TL;DR - Had a REALLY good weekend!

On my lunch break, a few co-workers and I walked nearby and checked out an art exhibit at the State Archives building of the famous Louisiana painter, George Rodrigue.

Apparently Friday was "horizontal stripes day" at work


Friday after work, I went back to Varsity and picked up a second pair of shoes.  I really liked those Brooks Adrenalines so I just decided that I'd go ahead and snatch them up too.  I also had been doing a fair amount of research on HRM's lately and decided to pick up one.  The people at Varsity talked me into the Forerunner 15 since I explained to them all the stuff I wanted it to do.  The neat thing about it is that it also tracks steps just like the fitbit and I have been really missing not having one.  DC Rainmaker has a really awesome review of the Forerunner 15 if you want to check it out!


Friday, I think Chris and I just watched some netflix or something then proceeded to fall asleep around 8:30.  Yep, we are lame like that.  And old.

Saturday morning, I wanted to give the ole Garmin a trial run.  I met mom and the gym and did 50 minutes on the elliptical and then some weights.  I was impressed that the calorie count was actually not too far off on the machine.  (Which MFP still over-estimates also though...)  And the HRM wasn't too terribly uncomfortable.


After the gym, I went home, showered and then Chris and I went and did our grocery shopping for the week.  I finally found some Carmel Torani syrup (they have the salted caramel now moreso than the regular.  Yuck!)  So, I snagged a couple bottles at the store.


After the store, we decided we would finally go check out X-Men Days of Future Past!  (My last movie was Captain America.. I've been slacking so bad this summer!)  So we were very pleasantly surprised that a movie we looked forward to for quite a while now lived up to its expectations!  We really enjoyed it. Plus McAvoy.   (boom chicka wow wow)  And I did really good at the theater.  I only had a pickle and a water!

The rest of Saturday was spent getting my Brother-in-Law caught up on Silicon Valley (such a funny show!)

Sunday, I hemmed and hawed about getting up and getting a run in.  But ultimately I decided to do it.  I realized soon as I got outside and drove to the park that it was already blazingly hot.  Running was 'dicey'.  So I opted for a run/walk until I froze in my tracks.  My biggest fear was slithering right in front of me.


As soon as it touched grass, I sprinted my ass off.  I swear if I was in a race with Lolo Jones, me, Jackie Joyner Kersee (sp?), I would have whooped all their asses.   I didn't start freaking out until a few minutes later....


So I finally finished up my Run/Walk and headed home, did laundry, cleaned house and all that fun stuff.  Also made a few meals for the week ahead of time too.  Despite the snake sighting it was a good weekend though.

I also managed to get up and get a solid mile in of straight running this morning before work.  (If I can continue this trend, the Forerunner will have paid for itself.  3 days in a row of exercise!?!!!!)


So it has been a really good weekend and I have a good plan in place for this week too! Plans are falling into place for WDW too!  I'm excited to share with you guys!  Soon.....  :)  ºoº

What are your plans for July?  Are you participating in any challenges?

27 comments:

  1. McAvoy... YUM! That's on my list of movies I need to see ASAP. Might check it out solo one night this week.

    Go you and your working out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McAvoy is very yum. Yep go see it soon before it leaves! I already missed out on Godzilla (womp womp)!

      We will see if it continues!

      Delete
  2. Wooo, you are going to rock July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I would've had DIED to see a snake... my biggest fear when running is dog attack, but I'll add snake to my list :)

    Oh, and I LOVE Nutter Butters, too! Can't buy them or they'd be instantly gone. My grandma used to always have them when we were little. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I pretty much did. I hate snakes and spiders. Equally! I can't even look at either one on tv.

      Oh they are so good. Evil. But good!

      Delete
  4. Girl you are doing so GREAT!!! I am glad you liked Xmen, we still need to see it .And omg I love your blog workout headband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my the look on your face made me laugh out loud - sorry! I am not a snake fan but I can stand them unless they are swimming...that creeps me out beyond all sanity! I have the Forerunner 10. It doesn't count steps and I don't have the heart monitor, but I am super happy with it. I've noticed MFP is a bit generous on the workout calories - sometimes it makes me feel better though :) I rarely eat the exercise calories so I guess there is no real harm in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I rarely eat my exercise calories back too. I get a lot of flak on MFP because of it too though. But you know what, whatever works for me! :)

      LOL Yea, I was genuinely starting an all out freak out by that point. I hate snakes in all forms!

      Delete
  6. yay! Sounds like an awesome weekend, even with the snake ^_~ I'm still debating gps watches, so I'll be really interested in knowing if you keep liking the one you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely keep you posted! So far so good with the watch though!

      Delete
  7. Great work out this weekend!! Im not the biggest fan of snakes but I'll take them over them million of loose dogs that were all over my neighborhood this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, loose dogs is a pain too. I'm glad (so far) we haven't had any in my neighborhood. If I ever go to the park again they do have a doggie park there too and it's all fenced in. It's fun to see them playing around with their owners!

      Delete
    2. Side note, I think I just commented again on this post -.- I thought the internet ate the first comment!

      Delete
  8. Woo!!! You are kicking MY butt now with the running! Way to go!!
    and the snake? you are a brave woman if you ever return there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lol barely! Sunday's consisted of 75% walking/25% running and yesterday morning was only 1 mile. I'm working on it though :)

      Delete
  9. Snake, no no no no no!

    I am doing a PiYo challenge group, my first challenge! I am sad I can't go back to doing my true love T25, but excited to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay new Garmin!! I love mine but don't have the HR monitor. And you have the same shoes as Tara - fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I love the garmin and the shoes! They are so comfy!

      Delete
  11. A snake would be very motivating for sure! I got that creepy-crawly skin sensation just seeing the picture. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, plans for July....Stay on track. I'm participating in the Summer Run Challenge that RunWithJess is doing, but I'm really just trying to keep up with my training plan right now. You'll have to let me know how the garmin is, I'm still waffling on which one to commit to...it's such an investment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a hard decision with so many out in the market. But so far I like mine. I loved my fitbit but it didn't quite do everything I wanted it to. I think with this one, it covers all the bases!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on the weight loss so far!! I love Fudge Rounds; they are evil and delicious. The bigger ones taste better to me, go figure. It is amazing that you persevere through the heat. I need to get back on the weight loss wagon before I get too out of control! Thanks for some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete