Thursday, June 5, 2014

NSV!

Non-Scale victories are few and far between for me it seems!  But I actually do have a few to share this week!

button

Back with one of the MANY times I've tried to lose weight before, I had pre-bought a t-shirt that I would wear as a reward.  To tell you how old this is, this was bought probably about 8 years ago as a 20 pound loss reward that I ultimately never got to even wear.   I was digging through my t-shirts the other day trying to decide if I need to retire a few and I came across this one:


10 nerd points if you catch the reference!

I also hella meal prepped, which as much as it is necessary for me, I can count on one hand the number of times that I've done it.  


I'm still really surprised that I like Asparagus.  I tried a variation of several recipes and came up with this and it was really delicious! Plus the fewer the ingredients and instructions the better!

Balsamic Parmesan Asparagus
Asparagus
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Balsamic Vinegar
Parmesan Cheese

Oven at 350º.  Sprinkle Balsamic Vinegar over asparagus.  Sprinkle Garlic Powder, pepper and Parmesan over asparagus.  Cook 15 minutes.  Voila!



Between the 2 massive amounts of meals we made, Chris and I have 8 meals total for the week.  And Chris will probably only eat about 2 of them (they eat out at lunch.... a lot), so that's all my lunches and maybe even a dinner or two for me.

Also this morning, this happened:


After such a dismal May this month is off to a great start!

This was me.... last month.

35 comments:

  1. Yum aspargus! I love that stuff!
    LOVE that shirt. Welcome to the hellmouth!
    Nice victories! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay you get 10 nerd points! :) (I freaking love Buffy, after I finish Who at the gym I think I may rewatch my girl)!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Very nice NSV's. And oh my gosh I loved that moment on GOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I loved it too. It's so rare that ANYONE laughs on GoT so it's was especially hilarious!

      Delete
  3. Way to prep! That asparagus sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really came out well! This will be my "go to" recipe for asparagus I think!

      Delete
  4. Omg THANK YOU for sharing that asparagus recipe! I never know how to prepare veggies and I like asparagus, so this helps a ton. I am going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you are most welcome! Hope you enjoy it! (Let me know if you do try it!)

      Delete
  5. I love NSVs and love the reference! I freaking love Buffy! And well done on the meal prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on all fronts and I love that you love Buffy too so that makes you awesome in my book! :D

      Delete
  6. YAY! VICTORY!! Well lots of victories ;-)

    I am a huge asparagus fan ever since in college I heard it reduced hangovers....meh. ;-) I tend to steam them then toss them in a skillet, toss olive oil, Italian seasoning, and cherry tomatoes. Once the tomatoes seem to be hot sprinkle on a little Parmesan or shredded hard cheeses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Ohh I'll have to try that asparagus method! Sounds good!

      Delete
  7. Wow....that's a lot of meals! I totally fail at pre-making meals. I can plan 'em, but I often fail at the "spend a bunch of time in the kitchen and freeze stuff" step. That'll make the week so much easier! I too am a fan of asparagus! Although right now, it's super expensive where I live so....not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! To the reward you finally got to enjoy and the meal prep. That's like expert status!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meal prep is a great way to try to keep yourself on track! I am jealous of your asparagus though. I tried a really off the wall stir-fry idea that included fruit and asparagus once that went very sideways very quickly and have been unable to enjoy asparagus at all ever since,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch yea, it's bad when you have had a bad experience with something. Maybe now your tastes have changed and you can give it a try again?

      Delete
  10. Awesome job on the NSVs!!! I have a shirt (3 actually) that I bought several years ago, but don't ever want to let go of, because I WILL get there one day. So happy that day came for you!!!

    P.S. I LOVED that moment on GoT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you decide that you need to pass that UC Sunnydale t-shirt on, you can send it my way. Love Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm not sure I can ever part with my nerdy ones. I'm actually thinking of getting someone who knows how to make a quilt into them one day when I do outgrow them!

      Delete
  12. Love the shirt! Shirts like that are a great way to weed out people who have similar interests, right? :) I was impressed with a 10 year old boy the other day at the grocery store who thought my "Companion training" tech shirt was cool because it had the TARDIS on it. I resisted from congratulating his mom on clearly raising him to appreciate the right kinds of entertainment in life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know! I totally love it when people do recognize it! It's like you have your own secret little club :)

      Delete
  13. How awesome about this shirt! The asparagus looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got four Dr. Who shirts but no Buffy shirts. Clearly that needs to change! I have found that although I am not a fan of most veggies, roasting them in the oven with a bit of parm cheese tends to make them pretty tasty. I'll have to try the asparagus! Great NSV!

    ReplyDelete