Friday, June 13, 2014

Plateau Smateau and a hubby shoulder update

I know y'all are sick of me bitching about this plateau that I'm on.   Honestly, I'm sick of it too!  But I just came to a realization today.  In 29 days I'm turning 40.  HOLY CRAP!  40.  How did that happen?

So, in a desperate attempt to get past a certain number of pounds lost (60 in case you forget).   I'm GOING to lose the last 4 pounds and get past that mark by my birthday.  My eating has been a lot better lately but where I have been failing miserably has been the exercise part.  I have felt like a complete slug all week long (probably since last Saturday).  Between the heat just being so oppressive here and then when the rain comes, it's just relentless.   The motivation has just picked up and left!

So I gotta get my head back in the game and get back to balls to the walls on the exercise front.




I've got a couple of wish list items that I have thinking about  (and also help with birthday gift ideas.. ahem *cough cough* Mr. Skinny Geek....).

1) I STILL need new shoes.    I keep putting them off, but now my purple asics (the ones I wear ALL the time - for exercise, regular day to day shoes, etc) now have holes in them.  So yea, it's getting to be a necessity.  Plus the purple asics are the only ones that don't cause me P.F. pain.  If they are dying, it's time for new shoes.

2)  I'm due for an upgrade for a new phone soon and I have a serious case of phone envy because hubby just got a shiny new Samsung Galaxy s5.  It has a built in pedometer feature and a HRM on the phone! 

3) Which brings me to the next gadget that I want.  The Samsung Gear! Specifically, the Gear Fit.

4) ALL the Bondi Bands.  Sweat wicking for the win!  Those are an absolute necessity in the Louisiana summer!

5) Anything from this website - cutetennisstuff.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Speaking of Mr. Skinny Geek,  we went to his doctor (I always have to think about whether I need to capitalize it or not!  Too much Doctor Who - lmao) Wednesday and got the best news possible (even though if you ask Mr. SG he would disagree!).   (Trying to see how many parenthesis I can get into one paragraph!)  (Ok, one more!)

No surgery requried!

Sneaky pic.
The "needle" of tears
Basically the diagnosis is this - inflamed rotator cuff, bone spur possibly poking into the inflamed rotator cuff and tendonitis in shoulder.  Doc gave him a big ole nasty shot, some meds and some exercises to do starting Sunday.  He also said when it does start feeling better, he can lightly volley around on the tennis courts (!!!) but no over head stuff like smashes or serves for at least a month!

Think I'm going to wrap this post up now.  Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!  It's Friday y'all!!!


Ah ok one more thing.  Found these at Target!  Aren't they cute!  They are hard plastic and have lids so certain kitties can't knock them on the floor!



26 comments:

  1. I've got the same mason jar cups! Mine is clear though and holds a liter of water. :)

    Love you kitties, as always.

    You can TOTALLY get those last 4 pounds off. I'm rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Aren't those cups the best?! I love the funky straws too!

      Thanks girl!!!

      Delete
  2. Totally needed this today!! You are going to lose that 4 pounds I just know it!!! Thanks for all the motivation today;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh no, thank YOU for that post because you got me to googling motivational stuff! LOL

      Delete
  3. 29 days is way more than enough time, you can do it! I LOVE Bondi Bands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Especially when I've been hoovering around the same weight for oh, 10 months now. Time to see a different number and kick start myself back into lower digits and sizes!

      Delete
  4. Plateaus definitely suck. Sometimes you need something to help kick your butt in gear. For some people it's signing up for a race or thinking of a reward. For me it was my fitbit. This thing is worth its weight in gold! You got this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I adored my fitbit too when I had it. That's why I'm really considering the samsung. That extra motivation to get those steps in always helps! That's when I was doing my best (when I sit right down and think about it) was when I had my fitbit!

      Delete
  5. You've got this. I see the eye of the tiger!
    Glad Hubbie's not getting surgery. Always a plus.
    Do you have stairs in your house? When it's super crappy here I run stairs. I don't have a treadmill so I'm limited on my cardio options and stairs are a beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no stairs sadly, I have no excuse either other than laziness this week. I have a gym membership. :/

      Delete
  6. You are gonna kick this plateau IN THE FACE! You are fierce!! :) I am SO glad to hear about Chris's shoulder results. That is great, you will have your tennis partner back before you know it! Also, LOVE the mason jar glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope so! I'm sooooooo ready to play again with him. I feel like I can maybe keep up with him now (he had gotten so much better before his injury and I was slacking. I think we may be on an even keel now, ranking wise!)

      Yea me too!

      Delete
  7. Great news on the shoulder, although I'm sure the PT will be no joke for him! I'm positive you can smash that goal by your birthday. I'm drooling over the Galaxy Gear Fit too....mmm gadgety goodness.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Yea, I am thinking he may not be a happy camper with the PT!

      Delete
  8. Yeah...40...that sucked. I hit it last Thanksgiving. So glad Chris's shoulder won't need surgery! And I'm totally recommitting to get that scale moving again too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm kinda freaking out a little about it. I think 30 may have been a bit worse for me though. Yep we can do this!

      Delete
  9. We have to drink out of cups with lids and straws too because of the cats! Ahh, the things we do for our fur babies. HAHA

    Say hi to my injured shoulder buddy for me. :)

    And PS. I have no doubts you can drop that 4 lb in 29 days! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep! I feel like a kindergartner at times with all the cups with lids!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Love the cat pic! And, 40....wow, that one was a long time ago for me....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fuck Calm and Go Beast Mode - LOVE IT!!!

    We both seem to be having the same plateau issue - though I was a bit off plan ...a lot off plan....last night. We'll get there.

    Great news about hubster - those shots are NO fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Isn't that great!? Yea, this weekend was rough for me. Yea, he was about to pass out from the shot. He isn't a fan of needles.

      Delete
  12. Fun cups! We aren't due for an upgrade for awhile, and I'm glad because I miss my I phone and really love my galaxy s4. If it has a HRM in it it might not be a competition anymore! That's sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! The only thing is that it's not a constant HRM. You basically put your finger on this little pad thingy then it records it. So not an actually full time HRM, which is a little discouraging, but better than nothing I suppose!

      Delete
  13. We got some of those cups at Target too! My son loves them. He feels like a "big boy" drinking out of them, but for me and my husband, it just takes us back to our Southern, actually drank out of Mason jars (and not because it was kitschy) roots. :)
    No kidding about needing super sweat wicking in Louisiana! Bondi bands, plus cute new cups to rehydrate sound like a great jump start!

    ReplyDelete