Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tennis Tuesday and shoe talk

I think I'm going to start writing on Tuesday's about my tennis adventures and since I occasionally have a NSV on Thursday, the only other day that I could use the alliteration is Tuesday.  So alas, Tennis Tuesday is born!

And here's a nifty instructional video on Forehand Volley's.


Although, there is not much to report today.  We were rained out last week at Tuesday's clinic.  Thursday I was dealing with car stuff and Saturday we were cancelled due to a tournament.  So no tennis at all last week and that makes me pretty bummed.   Hoping the weekly afternoon showers don't pop up and interrupt me tonight either!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm linking up with My No Guilt Life and Run the Great Wide Somewhere for Tuesdays on the Run and their shoe discussion today!






I just picked up these shoes on Saturday and I have to say, so far I am madly in love with them.  I don't want to jinx it, but no Plantar Faciitis flare up yet!  


These are the Saucony Hurricane 16.  And even though they are a little pricey, so far there are worth every penny.  I had ZERO foot pain at all yesterday during my run or afterwards either.  It's still too early to tell, but I have to say, so far so good here.  These provide really good arch support and my toes don't feel too squished together.  I plan on giving them a whirl with another run and then some elliptical time tomorrow to see how they do there too.  

Do you have a favorite shoe brand for running?  If so, link up and get in on the discussion!

And finally, here's a Transformation Tuesday pic.  :)  Probably the most un-flattering pic of me EVER (thanks mom!)


27 comments:

  1. New shoes make a WORLD of a difference. Who cares if they're pricey, as long as you wear them and get use out of them. They're such a nice colour!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl, you look so freakin' awesome! I LOVE those shoes. I wonder if they would work for me since I have super freakin' flat feet..I need as much arch support as I can get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww thank you! You should really go to a specialty store and get them to look at you walk and recommend something based on that!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I love purple, those shoes are awesome. It's great that they are already helping with the PF. Great transformation photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with us!

    I love ASICS myself! They get the job done, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty! I'm loving my new ones but I've always been loyal to the Asics too!

      Delete
  5. I'll definitely be checking those shoes out!!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute colors on the shoes! I love the Saucony colors, but alas, I can't wear their shoes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up. Gorgeous shoes!! I'm so glad to hear that they're working out well so far!! And wowza on that transformation photo! When I'm in a slump (like the last year, lol) it helps for me to check out old photos to realize how far I've come even if I'm not where i want to be yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April and you are so right! Those old pics really do help!

      Delete
  8. Saucony has been my favorite shoe before I started buying running shoes. I have never had a problem with them before. I think I might go back to buying them again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin' good, lady! Good shoes can make all the difference. I swear by my Mizunos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The unflattering pictures are always the most fun to compare to when looking at PROGRESS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the new shoes do the trick! There's something so nice about having new shoes.

    I agree with the prior poster - unflattering pictures are definitely great for "before" shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't bought new running shoes...I desperately need to, too.
    And YAY for the transformation pic! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, I'm so pumped about the shoes still. I need to get another pair too.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the recommendation on the sneakers...as you know I've had a lot of problems with my calf muscles...and so I'm looking to upgrade my footwear. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely recommend getting fitted at a running store. It's usually free and they help you find the best shoes for your stride. It helped me SO much. I switched to Brooks Ravenna and absolutely love those shoes and that's all I buy now!

    ReplyDelete