Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekend update/Weekly recap

After Friday's post of nothing but motivation, I was fully prepared to kick booty this weekend.  Um, yea that didn't quite happen.  Last week's recap...

The good - I went and helped my parents clean their yard.  It took 2 days and I sweated a ton, so it was a good calorie burn and I am a little sore so that's not all bad!
The bad - no tennis due to a tournament
The ugly - Eating was TURRIBLE (really just the weekend).  Exercise was TURRIBLE.


Monday - bowling (not pictured)
Saturday - 1 hour of weeding flowerbeds (not pictured)
Sunday - Almost 4 hours of weedeating, removing flowerbeds, edging, shoveling, mowing, basically yard work hell. (not pictured)


Friday night started off with Chris working really late and he didn't make it home until around 7 pm.  He also had to work for a few hours on Saturday too, so we just decided to order Chinese food delivery and veg out until time to go to sleep.  (We also watched "Her".  As a ongoing theme to my weekend, let's just say that it was turrible too.)

Saturday, since Chris had to work a few hours, I decided to go do some car things and bring it to the shop to replace a tire on the car that we are selling.  Well they didn't have it in stock and had to order it, so I went back to mom and dad's for (what I thought was) a brief visit.  I decided that I've been promising to help them do some stuff around the house (i.e. yard), so I may as well see what I could do.  I decided to dive in and get the weeding done out of mom's flowerbeds.  This is the same flowerbed from last year but it wasn't nearly as bad as that time around!  It only took about and hour to do that one and then the small one in the backyard.  I got a text from Chris saying he was on the way home, so I decided to head home too so I can shower and we can knock out our errands.  After the shower and lunch, Chris and I both fell asleep on the couch.  That NEVER happens.  I guess being in the hot sun for a little more than an hour really took a lot out of me.

After our accidental nap, it was like 3:00 and neither one of us really felt like going to the grocery store, so we decided to go look at some new shoes for me and then just drive around and see where we ended up (this is where things start going downhill..)

The shoes!  OMG I am in love!  We went to Varsity Sports here in Baton Rouge and went right into explaining all my P.F. issues.  The salesman watched me walk a good bit and came up with a few recommendations.  Now I'm normally an Ascics girl through and through but I was having the hardest time deciding between the Brooks Adrenaline and the Saucony Hurricane but ultimately ended up getting the latter.  I went for a 20 minute run this morning to check them out and they did great!  I didn't put my insoles in either, and so far so good, *knock on wood*!


After stopping at Varsity, Chris mentioned that he has never been to Trader Joe's, so we went there to look around.  The first time I went during the opening weekend and it was a mad house and I never got anything.  This time around, however, I found the Holy Grail, Cookie Butter.  Everyone and their mama talks about how awesome that stuff is so I just had a to try it out.  I also picked up a bag of Whole Wheat pretzel sticks and Chris got some Roasted Almonds.   Yea, what everyone says is the truth. That stuff is like crack.  So So So good!



After Trader Joe's, we walked out into a monsoon.  We were stuck there for about 30 minutes!  It was crazy!  Rain wasn't even predicted!


After we managed to swim to our car, Chris "noticed" that we were very close to Burgersmith and suggested we go there for dinner.  Now, I *could* have eaten a bit better here, but geez, this thing was amazing.   Chris was very happy with his full belly.


Post burger euphoria
After that, groceries just weren't happening although we did manage to swing by the Fruit/Veggie stand and picked up a couple stuff for the week.  We went home and binge watched "Silicon Valley" (Hilarious!!!)

Sunday I woke up way too early to get a head start on mom and dad's yard.  It took the better part of about 4 hours but we finally finished.  After that, Chris and my Aunt came out and met us there while Dad grilled us some steaks.  All in all we had a wonderful day, despite the heat and the massive yard that they have (1 acre).  It was a wonderful day and I got to spend the majority of it with my Dad.  Couldn't ask for a better Father's Day!

My Daddy!
After that, Chris and I went home.  He went and did the groceries, while I tried to get caught up on a little house work and laundry.  Then it was finally time for GoT!

All in all, it turned out to be a pretty awesome weekend.  Back to the grind today though and on with the better choices!

Did you guys have a good Father's Day weekend?  Did you do anything special with your dad/step-dad/grandpa/uncle/father figure?

20 comments:

  1. Wow, what a busy weekend! Sounds like a lot of fun. Those shoes look great, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a great weekend!! They are sooo comfy! I love them!

      Delete
  2. GAME OF THRONES!!!! Do you read the books? I don't so I am always surprised by things that happen on the show.holy crap! TYRION!
    Sorry, trying not to be spoilery. Figure if I just shout out names I'm keeping it spoiler free.
    I have yet to try Cookie Butter and I shop at TJ's weekly. I know if I eat it I will be addicted hahaha. Hubs and I already have issues with their shortbread cookies. Oh Des, you don't even know. YUM! hahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!!! OMG I do read the books (or have, rather!) Holy, going away from the books, Batman! But hey, it's all awesome so I can't complain. This season has REALLY knocked it out of the park. I got a bit teary in the Dany part - no spoilers! (which by the way, wasn't that in book 4?)

      You are probably doing yourself a huge favor by avoiding the Cookie Butter. But hmmm, ok I have a weakness for shortbread cookies. I'm not sure I want you to tell me what brand you get from T.J.'s? (But, I totally want you to tell me what brand you buy from Trader Joe's!)

      Delete
  3. You say you did Terrible this weekend, but four hours of yard work....man that's a workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is true! I just can't say the same for the rest of the week! Bad bad bad!

      Delete
  4. I started the weekend with the best of intentions also, but then didn't quite follow through, uggghh! Oh well, it's a new week, onward! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it happens, I suppose! Here's to a much better week for the both of us!

      Delete
  5. Weeding the garden beds is the worse. I hate that feeling of being all sweaty & stanky from gardening in the heat, but I do love the calorie burn. It's easy for me to garden for hours without even realizing how much time has gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a total of 5 hours of gardening??!?!?! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, crazy! They have a super big yard and many trees and flowerbeds.

      Delete
  7. I was so nervous about spoilers I scrolled so fast past your comments!! We have only been able to watch a few episodes since our original binge watching two weeks ago, so we just started season 3 and still have a ways to catch up!

    That's nice of you to help out with the yard work. Sounds like it was a lot of hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, its REALLY hard to avoid spoilers with that show. So many crazy things happen and this season has been one major thing after another so it is hard to avoid especially with social media. Hope you guys can get caught up soon... (and as busy as your weekends have been its no surprise that you haven't been able to watch any more lately!)

      Delete
  8. I was away for Fathers day...and I almost bought some cookie butter because of your post the other day :) I just LURVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's crazy that I never thought I'd jump on that Cookie Butter bandwagon but hell, I'm probably driving that wagon by now! LOL That shizz is crazy good!

      Delete
  9. Those fries look incredible AND GOT!? Loved the finale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That burger and those fries look fantastic! I'd say all those hours of yard work definitely merit a treat like that!

    ReplyDelete