Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday (for realsies this time)


Today is National Running Day!  Are you guys planning on getting a run in?  I'm probably going to lay off since my P.F. is flaring up (yet again).  I can almost bet that after tennis, I will have a bad day with my feet, so I will do the elliptical at the gym instead.  I'm hoping to get back into swimming since that is definitely easier on the feet too.  Plus there is that whole love/hate thing going on with running for me.


I'm going ahead and linking up with Heather, Ash and Erin for Weigh In Wednesday's again.  Not weighing in was nice and offered a nice break from the scale, but it also offered a break from serious momentum and I got lackadaisical with, well, just about everything.

So let me back up just a bit.  I decided to weigh in on Sunday since I started Shannon's Tatlock's Truth June Challenge and as you do (or at least me...) the night before, you gorge yourself silly on Chinese food and 3/4 of a bottle of wine.  (Remember that I said no alcohol for Desiree in June....)

And the scale was not a happy place the next morning.

June 1st "official" weigh in
 So I wasn't very optimistic with this morning's weigh in.

BUT... I was very surprised!

A 2.4 loss since the last time I weighed in.

I have been knocking it out the proverbial park since Sunday! Food choices have been really good and I've been hitting between 1300-1500 calories eating-wise.  I worked out Monday (elliptical) and yesterday (weights and tennis) and planning to do more elliptical and weights tonight.

I'm not a very DIY type of person but I've been thinking that our nerd cabinet definitely needs an overhaul since we are bursting at the seams.   So I'm thinking of maybe trying to find something bigger than this to start storing our stuff.  Plus we've been meaning to clean our office out and I'm thinking of maybe trying to find some curio cabinets or something for displaying purposes.  So if you have any thoughts or suggestions,  I'd love to hear them!  I need something with glass though, since I have very mischievous cats who like to boop stuff onto the floor.



Doyle and I took a selfie the other day and this was the result.  We were happy that it was Friday!
How was everyone's weigh in? 

28 comments:

  1. Great recovery on the Chinese & wine binge! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the loss and recovery from the binge night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, Chinese and wine. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fantastic loss! Such a great start, we just need to get our butts in gear.... Shannon's challenge came at the EXACT right moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Great loss!

    I do the same thing..I weigh in on tuesdays so I tell Casey that if he wants to go out or eat anything crazy, that's the day we're doing it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep LOL I tend to have a bad meal the night of my weigh in morning. I do that all. the. time. lol

      Delete
  6. GREAT loss! I am so sad to hear your PF is rearing up again!! :( boo. Mine is in my one foot not in a moon boot. I think its due to all the extra load I am putting on it. BOO for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Yea, it's usually worse the morning after I play tennis then it's almost perfect the next day. Viscous cycle.

      Delete
  7. Great job! I binge too right before I'm going on a diet or new workout (doesn't make any sense, lol but I do it anyway. Way to go on the quick recovery from that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome girl!! So proud of you for getting back on it! I doubt I'll ever break up with the scale--I need that constant reminder every day--if I see it a little up, I adjust what I do that day and it really makes me think about my choices. No running for me yesterday:( Oh well--I'll get it in this week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I realize now that as shitty as it can be sometimes, I do need it.

      Delete
  9. Omg AWESOME weigh-in!!!! This is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great loss, I think Chinese makes me bloat and retain water to due to the Sodium! Good going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yea, it totally makes me bloat and hold onto water too! Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Great loss! Keep up the great work as always :) Love the kitty selfie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for running day!
    And WHERE does one acquire those TARDIS sox!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie Doyle is. :)

    So glad you're doing the challenge! It's definitely been the kickstart I needed.

    ReplyDelete