Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tennis Tuesday and WDW plans!







Those two are the stories of my life with tennis last week. 

Tuesday was Drill and Play and it went fine.   More drills.  Lots of fun to be had. 

Thursday everything fell apart though.  Ronnie was the instructor and I swear it was like I forgot everything.  Plus he was showing the swing volley to the people who wasn't at last Thursday's clinic and I managed to get beaned....twice.  It was kinda funny I'm sure but then I managed to get completely thrown off and couldn't do anything right from that point on.  Ah well.  Bad days happen.   Saturday's clinic was rained out but I wasn't going to make it anyway due to the wake that we had to attend.   But Sunday, Chris went with me and volleyed for a bit.  He always gets discouraged when we just volley and he thinks that this does neither of us good but I keep trying to tell him, anything that we can do can only help in the end.  /sigh   I still had fun and I think he did too.  I think he just doesn't like chasing tennis balls lol

So I'm completely getting out of my comfort zone here but our local courts are having a "Member Appreciation Mixer" this Friday night.  I'm not sure what to expect so I emailed Ronnie.  It's catered too so he needed a head count.  Not sure if it's a play and eat sort of thing or what.  Oh, I did notice that there would be ping pong too.  :)  Should be fun.  I hope someone I know is going, if not I will bug Chris to go with me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Since this was a very short and sweet Tennis Tuesday, I thought I'd fill you guys in on our Disney plans!  They are coming along quite well!  



Chris and I will be driving (he is insisting on taking his mustang but I think we'd be more comfortable in the family truckster - Kia).  But I'm sure we'll end up in the 'stang.  We are leaving on the Saturday and driving to my aunt and uncle's in Brooksville to stay the night and spend the next day with them.  We will leave from there Monday morning and then head toward the opposite coast and spend the day at Kennedy Space Center.  Then check in that night at our hotel.  Then the rest of the week will be mostly Disney with a little Universal/Islands of Adventure thrown in.

Chris is pretty laid back and letting me plan everything but I know there are a couple of "musts" on his list.  I know he wants to eat at least one meal at our hotel.  We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort again.  We stayed there on our honeymoon and fell in love with the resort and they have the best quesidillas ever! So that's a given.  He also wants to spend some time (as much as we can) at Disney Quest.  We usually do that after a day at the parks plus we have an "extras" day planned so there should be plenty of time for arcades and awesomeness.  And also on his "must" list is Cirque du Soilel's La Nouba.  We also watched this the first time around on our honeymoon and it was amazing.  In the times that I've gone to WDW since then without Chris but with my family, we've never done this.  So I'm excited to be able to do it this time around again for our 10 year anniversary trip.

So for now this is the plan -

Saturday - Drive (it's about a 10 hour trip)
Sunday - Day with family
Monday - Kennedy Space Center / hotel check in
Tuesday - Magic Kingdom
Wednesday - Universal / Islands of Adventure
Thursday - Epcot
Friday - Hollywood Studios
Saturday - Animal Kingdom
Sunday - extra / Downtown Disney & La Nouba
Monday - drive home

We are also doing the Free dining option so this is what I have so far (subject to change on any whim I get LOL)

Monday - dinner at Beaches and Cream (every trip, this is a must.  If only for the No Way Jose)

Seriously look at this thing.  Glad I only have one per trip!
Tuesday - Breakfast at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort
Wednesday - Dinner at T-Rex at Downtown Disney
Thursday - Lunch at Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavillion at Epcot
Friday - Dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater at Hollywood Studios
Saturday - Lunch at the Yak & Yeti (thanks to an awesome review from Run the Great Wide Somewhere!)
Sunday - is up for negotiation.  I have been trying to get Be Our Guest but no luck yet.

The rest of the food will be quick service meals and there's a ton to choose from at each place.  I just have to get my head in the game and try not to eat my way around WDW! 

I still have a few more weeks before I can start scheduling fast passes but this is what I have so far!

Any tips or tricks you seasoned pros want to send my way?!   I'm hoping to take our time and not rush this trip and really just enjoy each others company!  Maybe find a few Hidden Mickey's along the way too!

Oh and since it's Transformation Tuesday also, and in the spirit of Disney here's me and Stitch and an Eletric Mayhem t-shirt for the now pic.  (Since the Muppets live at Disney too)


21 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!

    I am sure you will feel so much better this visit and won't be able to keep still long enough to worry about over-eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost guarantee you will need more time at Universal. In my experience with Disney and Universal, a few of the parks will take you less time than others. Take another day at Universal, you WILL NOT regret it, especially if you like rides! Disney I find is more "show" centered, but I prefer to be moving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, you are probably right. I'm glad we do have an 'extra' day to cover anything that we miss! We do pick and choose our stuff at Disney (especially since it's just us and no kiddos) but Universal is all about the coasters! :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, Le Cellier is one of my favorite places to eat at Disney... SO.freakin'.good. Can't wait to hear all about your trip... love love love Disney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mine too! (Pretzel bread and cheddar soup!!!!!) And this will be Chris's first time at Le Cellier and he is a huge fan of steaks. I can't wait! This will be our 'anniversary' meal I'm thinking!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow that sounds like an awesome trip! It also sounds like you're doing really well with the tennis, I don't think I would have had the courage to sign up for a mixer like that without dragging the Hubs along. (suuuuper shy over here) It sounds like a lot of fun though, and a good way to meet new tennis peeps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH trust me, Meg. I'm just about as shy as they come too. This is way, way way out of my comfort zone too!

      Yea, the trip should be great! Now if only November would get here quicker!! LOL

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great trip! Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh!!!! Disney! You're going to have so much fun!! I'm still exhausted from our trip! You are way more organized than I was--I feel like we just kinda winged it. But it turned out ok:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually does! I tend to get a little fanatical about planning. (Almost to a fault sometimes!)

      Delete
  7. Disney!!! yay!! Looks like you are way more organized than I was! Can't wait to see all your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so awesome, and DAMNIT Disney!!!!!! You are going to have so much freaking fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be sure to check out Be Our Guest for a lunch fast pass (https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/). We could book it about a month out from our trip and having done both lunch (counter service credit) and dinner (table service credit) there, I think the lunch was actually better! So don't despair if you can't get a dinner reservation! You're going to have such a great time. I love watching Oliver experience Disney, but my husband and I do secretly reminisce about our trips as adults. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're going to have so much fun!! Enjoy!! And you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited to see Disney pics!!! We did the cruise but haven't hit anything else yet, looks like so much fun!! I love the transformation pic. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself girlie, you look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete