Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tennis Tuesday






Good morning everyone!

I only really had 2 opportunities to play last week.  Last Tuesday night was Drill and Play with the same core group of people.  Tonight is the last of our 5 week, Drill and Play.  Hope we will be able to get it in and we don't get the late afternoon summer thunderstorm like they are predicting.  But the good news is that the Y will be starting a new round of Drill in Play next Tuesday as well.  

Thursday was Stroke of the Month clinic and it was all volleys.  I was the only one to show up this time around.  And it was just me and Lois (the instructor).  Who knew she could run me ragged just doing volleys?!  She killed me.  I was exhausted and burned a ton of calories in just an hour!  She had me doing probably about 200 each backhand volley, forehand volley and then overhead smashes.  AND then she had me start at the baseline and volley my way up to the net as I go, then touch the net, and then run backwards back to the baseline.   Holy Heartrate Batman!



So the tennis plan for the week is this... tonight Drill and Play (fingers crossed the weather holds out), Stroke of the Month on Thursday and then Saturday Doubles clinic in the am (my birthday!)

Oh!  I always seem to be invisible when it comes to pictures (before when I was bigger, that was by choice) but I just found it funny that the Louisiana Tennis Association posted this pic of our Sets in The City clinic and once again, I almost made it in the pic.





It was a good picture at least!

13 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Love all your tennis photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job kicking tennis butt. Having a one on one with the instructor seems pretty awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was great and she kicked my ass though. LOL She is much tougher than Ronnie!

      Delete
  3. Just curious...have you always played tennis or is something you started as a result of getting in better shape? I think I have a couple old tennis rackets and a nearby court. Maybe that would be a fun "date night."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually only played pick up games here and there throughout my life. I started taking lessons and clinics last September I think it was? I've been addicted ever since! It's my new favorite sport!

      Delete
  4. Sounds tough! Great job!

    PS. That first pic made me literally LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That volley workout sounds tough! Tennis is definitely a much more intense workout when you're the only one out there to chase down all of those balls. Great job!

    ReplyDelete