Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Weekly recap, Tennis Tuesday and Mega birthday weekend post

Phew, ok this is gonna be a rather large post.

Let's get the weekly recap out of the way first.






This past week felt a bit different than the week before.  I think the first week in July was just so epically awesome, it was hard to get that to carry over to the second week.  I mean, I did the work, but it just didn't quite feel like the same intensity.  Weird but true.

Monday - 60 minutes bowling (not pictured); 45 minute walk
Tuesday - 45 minute walk
Wednesday - 21 minute run; 32 minute walk
Thursday - 20 minutes weight training; 15 minute walk; 75 minutes of tennis
Friday - 15 minute walk; 45 minutes elliptical
Saturday - 80 minutes of tennis
Sunday - rest

The good -  Cardio for the win.  I'm making sure I do at least a 15 minute walk at work.  If I can, I can do at least an hour - 15 minutes morning break, 30 minutes at lunch break, and then another 15 minute afternoon break.
The bad - Only strength trained once last week
The ugly -  Only one run

Food was really good until the weekend.  And honestly even though it was my birthday, I didn't really do all that badly, until Saturday night with all the beer (and potato chips).  And that trend with potato chips continued onto Sunday and then last night again at bowling.   So, yea, it's been a salty few days and I'm frankly terrified of what the scale will say tomorrow.  Up until Saturday I'd give my food a 90% good rank.  The rest of the weekend... uh, 20%.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tennis Tuesday stuffs

Had a pretty good week tennis wise!  Last Tuesday night's drill and play was cancelled due to rain and tonight's will probably also be cancelled (THANK YOU MOTHER NATURE... NOT!)

But I did get to clinic on Thursday and Saturday.  Thursday nights was fun.  We learned a new volley called "swing volley".  It's basically when you are in "no man's land" between the service line and base line and when your opponent lobs like all the time, it's basically a full swing but not letting the ball bounce and a way to rocket fire the ball back in the opponents court.  It was fun but it will be hard to get the hang of in a game situation I think.  I hope we will get to practice this more.

Saturday morning, I had a wonderful surprise when hubby said he would go with me!  His shoulder has been much better lately so he wanted to give it a go!  Once again, and especially since it was just the two of us, Lois didn't let up and poor Chris got the stuffing knocked out of him.  She ran us ragged again. 


He may not join me ever again.  LOL

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Birthday weekend stuffs

I had just about the best 40th birthday I could imagine!  Friday my co-workers did all this for me:







Saturday after tennis, Chris and I went home, cleaned up and then met family and friends at Zea Rotisserie and had a wonderful time.  Afterwards, we went back to my house and ate cake squares and opened presents!



And you can tell just by the presents that it was full of awesome.  Chris got me an amazon gift card and new Yurbuds.  My parents got me a Panera gift card and an Origami Owl locket.  My aunt got me loads of tennis stuff (cool cloth, water bottle and misting fan) and Dev got me some new goggles so I have no excuse and I should get back to swimming!

Oh and I've already used up the Amazon gift card!  I got 2 new books for the kindle and ordered this since I don't really have any nerdy tank tops, I figured this will pretty much cover all of the bases!

Saturday night, we went to a friends house and she grilled steaks for us.  Again, I ate and drank way too much here. 

Sunday, was back to reality with errands, groceries, grass cutting and all that other fun stuff but we did manage to get to go see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.  (Good but oh so depressing!)

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend but I'm glad to be back to normal now!  The scale awaits tomorrow.  See you then!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, what a GREAT week and an even greater weekend! This is so awesome. Looks like you had a great time...those tennis/cake squares look AH-MAY-ZING! Happy bday, blogger buddy! You deserve all of at fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome week! Love the gifts and the parties and such from your friends, family and co-workers. That's just the best.

    You know, I always crave saltier stuff in the summer. I'm sure it has something to do with all the sweating.

    I have to avoid depressing stuff, but glad you liked the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, maybe that's true about summer and salt. Weird.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday. :)

    I love my yurbuds! What colour did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I sure did!

      Chris just got me the plain black ones. Oh well, they match everything!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday. I love the idea of the cake squares. Looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun birthday weekend! I can't keep my mitts off the chips either :) Hopefully the scale will not be too cruel to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Remember, building more muscles with weight training will speed up your metabolism, and ultimately get you losing even more weight...at least that's what people tell me :-) Keep up the great work Des!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Yea, you are right. I really need to do a bit better with my weights for sure!

      Delete