Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekly update/weekend recap

Morning/afternoon guys!

Food - Normally after each weekly recap that I do, I usually say "oh well, my week was about 60 - 80% good".  I'm pleased as punch to report that this week, I knocked it out of the park.  I'm going with 95% this time around.  I kept the beer drinking down to only 2 beers on 2 days this week (the 4th and the 5th).  The rest of the week was water, water, water all the time.  I also splurged once and had had Chinese food delivered Wednesday and that's it.  Trust me when I say, that is HUGE.  Chris and I cop out all the time when we "don't feel like" sticking to the plan or too lazy to cook after working/exercise.  We'll either order Chinese or pick up Italian food from a deli close to the house.   Other than Wednesday, we planned everything out and went with it.  I even meal prepped more than just my lunches yesterday.  Instead of eating those Bertolli's dinners on the nights that I'm busy with Tennis or Bowling, I actually made Mexican Crock pot pulled pork to eat instead of those frozen dinners.  And I usually eat those 3x per week.

Crazy!  I've been really mindful of what I've been eating and even stayed away from most of the 4th of July treats.  With the exception of watermelon!

We shall see what the scale says with all of this.  And I'm sure I'm going to blow this good week to hell with my birthday coming up this Saturday.  Ah well, it happens.

Anywho, back to the recap.

Exercise - 


Monday - 21 minute run; 45 minute walk; 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - 1hour 36 minutes tennis; 15 minute walk
Wednesday - 65 minutes elliptical
Thursday - 1hour tennis *; 30 minute walk
Friday - 33 minute run/walk; 41 minute walk
Saturday - 25 minutes weights; 65 minutes elliptical
Sunday - rest

The good - Running 2x a week is much better than I've done in a good while.  Let's see if I can get it up to 3x.
The bad - only 1 weight training
The ugly - Honestly, I have nothing really bad to say about this week.  This was the most effort I've put into it in a while, so it just felt good all around.

(I forgot to update the garmin for yesterday's steps).  But other than yesterday, I did hit my step goal every single day last week too. 



The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful.  Chris and I went and spent the day Friday with my parents and aunt and had a great day.  Saturday, I went to the gym and while Chris did the groceries, and then we just vegged out and got caught up with shows on the dvr.  Sunday morning I watched the Men's Singles final at Wimbledon, tidied up around the house,  played a little Diablo 3 and finished laundry.  Oh!  I also hit up a few sales this weekend and got some new clothes from Kohl's and Old Navy.  Nothing exciting but mainly work stuff, although I did snag some $4.00 jeans from Kohl's.  They are size 15 in the Juniors.  I couldn't pass those up even though I can't quite fit in them now.  Maybe by the time vacation gets here!

Happy Independence Day, 'Merica!
And I have done a side/front profile pic in a while.  I hurried and took these since the gym seemed deserted Saturday morning.



How was your weekend?  Did you have a good 4th of July?  Do anything fun?

28 comments:

  1. Whew, you knocked it out of the ball park, lady!

    Love your patriotic shirt.

    And watermelon is delicious and has no calories (she tells herself as she eats her weight in melon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I looooove Watermelon too. Wish it would stay good year around and not just in the summer!

      Delete
  2. Great job!!

    I also enjoyed plenty of watermelon this past weekend. Too bad I enjoyed watermelon in between some not very healthy treats on the 4th, but I think I am finally ready to hop back on the better eating bandwagon and stay there for longer than I have been able to lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh well at least you know that you got your fruit servings in! :) Yea, amazing how just making better choices really helps! Good luck!

      Delete
  3. You freaking killed it this week! Very well done! Also, you are rocking the hourglass in your last pics. Looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing it! Seriously, nice work! A little food prep work on the weekend is key to my success during the week, though I've been slacking since I've been on vacation! Also, when I'm lazy I drop by the grocery store, and pick up a BBQ chicken. They are affordable and healthy! Happy early birthday, and remember to only eat the extra calories that are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Yea, good idea about the bbq chicken, I really should do that sometimes too!

      Delete
  5. You. look. AWESOME! And dayum, you really did knock it out of the park this week!! :) Great job, Des!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that patriotic top! Great job on Havkng such an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woop!! You are kickin' this summers butt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're looking fantastic! Way to go on the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the 95% on track week!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Des, what an AMAZING week!!!!! I love how awesome you did & how prepared you were---- AND how proud you are! You should be! This post is inspiring me to get back on track with my food prep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! Yea, food prep is always the hardest for me!

      Delete
  11. Whew! I am tired just reading your recap! What a great week :) Love the pink top you are wearing at the gym. I want to get some new workout wear but I am trying to hold out until I go down a size. Smile of the day - picturing myself going to the gym while my husband does the grocery shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right? We usually go do the groceries together but every now and then we do it on our own.
      Thanks I got the pink top and Walmart I think.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on a great week, especially over a holiday! I need to be more proactive with planning, as that's definitely something I struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Yea, it's hard to plan but a necessity!

      Delete
  13. Regardless of what the scale says, that was a rockin' week! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete