Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekly update/weekend recap

Morning everyone!

I had a pretty good weekend.  We've officially kicked off birthday season with the family.  Mine was last week and my aunt's was this past Thursday so we celebrated on Saturday.

Jumping right in to the weekly recap...






Kicked butt this week!

Monday - 4 minute run (wasn't feeling it), 66 minutes walking, 60 minutes bowling (not pictured)
Tuesday - 60 minutes walking, 19 minutes weight training, 80 minutes tennis
Wednesday - 27 minutes walking
Thursday - 62 minutes walking, 17 minutes weight training, 90 minutes tennis
Friday - 21 minutes walking
Saturday - rest day
Sunday - 58 minutes tennis, 21 minutes walking, 30 minutes elliptical

The good - Did weight training twice
The bad - wanted to go swimming, but didn't get a chance to.
The ugly - only 4 minutes of running.  Wasn't feeling it at all this week.  The heat and humidity have been horrendous here.

Food - I'd say this week I was 90% during the week and about 60% on the weekend.  Beer and one slice of cake, and then Brother in Law brought over chips yesterday and I was just ravenous after the exercise.  For meals, though, I stayed within my range.  We'll see how much damage the beer and chips do though.  Ugh.  Need to do better with those!

Friday night, Chris and I didn't do too much.  We started watching a couple of documentaries and then ended up watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars on netflix.  I'm still surprised that we've never sat down and watch that before.  The 6 or 7 episodes we did watch were very good!

Saturday was my Aunt's birthday party, but before that I met mom and Aunt at a wake.  A friend of the family passed away so they had the services in the morning.  After that, went home, changed and Chris and I headed to a local place that we've never been before to meet up with the birthday girl! My mom, Devyn and Uncle also joined us and we had a great day with some great food. 

Sunday, Chris and I went and played a little tennis for about an hour in between rainshowers.  I was no where near my step goal, so I opted for a bit more elliptical and walking to get it done.  After that, Chris and his brother started working on placing pegboard up in the garage (who is this handy man that I married and where has my nerd gone?!)   He also went and got the groceries done and went to Lowe's while I cleaned and did laundry.  I wish we could have gotten to mow the yard too but it was too wet.  Once we all got in and settled for the evening, we watched the first episode of The Strain and The Lost Ship (we are so behind on dvr watching!)  and then squeezed in a Drunk History (so David could watch it) and then capped the night off with Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. 

All in all, it was a very good weekend.  Here's a few pics.

On one of my walks  See all the dirt and debris behind me?  House construction on my street, which is another reason I haven't been "feeling" my morning runs.  I really think a nail in the foot when it's dark out would put a damper on things.  When I'm walking I see all the crap that is in the street and I try to kick it to the side but it still finds its way over.  Until they get these 5 or so houses built, it may be hard to get pre-dawn runs in.

I bought myself some awesome stuff.

Devyn and I making "moon eyes". 

Oz and his 'brella.

23 comments:

  1. I love that blue shirt? or bag? Whatever it is...it's awesome!

    I'd suggest you get some steal toe sneakers. Then you'll have no worries about nails during those morning runs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, guess I should have specified! It's a tank top! :)

      LOL true about steel toed shoes! I may just have to chalk it up and run laps in the boring gym for the time being.

      Delete
  2. Birthday season (and summer in general) is so tough! Great job keeping pace with it though! I almost long for winter when my life was more boring and more time to work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really really is! I'd just rather winter in general too I think!

      Delete
  3. I am TERRIBLE on the weekend. Definitely need to get weekend eating in check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! Awesome week! Love the birthday swag as well ^_^ I know you're bummed about not getting your runs done, but you're doing so much other stuff. Plus, tennis has running right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg and yes, I do get plenty of other stuff in. Tennis is short bursts of sprinting so yes, that totally counts! ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow! It made me tired just reading your workouts. Weekends are tough for food. Do you base your "good/bad %" on calories consumed or healthiness of the actual food? I go back and forth - I consider it good when I eat in my calorie range, but then I question myself cause I know some of the stuff is honestly junk. Cute pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider the actual food, not necessarily the calories in the % range. Even if I eat crap, I still manage to hit around the same calories each day. I think it just boils down to what I eat, know what I mean?

      Delete
  6. Well done on all that movement! It's always difficult because the movement is the easy (or easier) part, but saying no to all the beer and goodies is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks OCP, and yes, you are soooo right. The moving is the easy part. The rest is just hard!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE THAT SHIRT! where did you get it? I wants it like Gollum wants that dang ring.

    Whew, that is a week of activity! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, what a great week you've had! And DAYUM you are kicking butt with the workouts! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting a complex looking at all your activities ! Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome week, you know, besides the wake! I think a nail in the foot would definitely be no bueno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Courtney! Yea, I would be pissed not only for the nail but a nail cutting a hole in my shoe is just unacceptable!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on such an active week! Wow!! Love your geeky workout gear :)

    ReplyDelete