Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday  

No gross feet pic today because 193.0 and I'm ticked.  I know T.O.M. just left but seeing that number inch closer and closer back to "that" awful number again is just too overwhelming.  

I know my eating hasn't been all that consistent lately.  I've been staying under my calories but it has to just be coming down to "what" I've been eating.  I've got to try to get a handle on things again.  We've had 3 birthdays back to back and surprisingly, everytime we've gone to birthday dinners out to eat, I've kept that in check.  (Eating mainly baked fish, rotisserie chicken or the like).  So maybe it's the amount that I'm eating?  And/or the beer and the handful of nutter butters?  Maybe.  I'm not sure.  I'm burning a butt ton of calories but the weight is not dropping.  I'm going to a free nutrition class that the YMCA is putting on tonight to see if I can get some ideas.   My body does not want to leave size 16-ville apparently.

In other news, I've been really kicking it up a notch with the exercise.  I've been consistent with getting at least an hour in of walks each work day and played tennis 4 times last week.  Running, not so much, but I did get one run in Monday and hoping for at least 2 more this week so I can get back to that regularly too.

.
We've been pretty busy lately and I haven't had a chance to do the weekly update/weekend roundup so that will all just be lumped in here.  Or the Tennis Tuesday.  Last week I did opt for 2 rest days but got plenty of other stuff in on the non-rest days.  The extra men on each day are usually my 3 walks while at work.  I've been logging them separately instead of lumping the time together.  I'm actually a little confused because my garmin and endomondo have been double dipping when it gets lumped into My Fitness Pal.  I've had to go in and edit duplicates out of both Garmin and MFP lately.  So I'm thinking that I may need to drop endomondo which sucks greatly because I love the little charts (like the one above).  Plus with the HRM, the garmin just is a lot more accurate I think.  Endomondo and MFP greatly over-estimates calorie burn.

Tennis has been pretty awesome lately.  I can tell I'm improving but I do still freeze up in game situations.   Practice and drills, I'm so there, but in games.  plbtplbtplbtplbt.  Last week we had Drill and Play on Tuesday, Volley Clinic on Thursday (we learned high volleys and did  a really fast drill like I think they do at cardio tennis).  Friday was the Member Appreciation event and I'm really glad I got out of my comfort zone and went. Although, there weren't too many people my level, and I ended up at the "kids" court.  LOL  I think it's the tennis equivalent of the kids table.  Some of these kids are ruthless though.  Saturday, Chris joined me for Doubles clinic and then we ended up playing a bit of a real match with these older ladies.  So the game situation went in my normal fashion, which was terrible.  We lost 6-2.

Game faces!?!

Chris really did hit the lady, but fortunately wasn't banned.  It was an accident and hey she didn't get her racquet up in time!
Pretty, no?!
I had my normal bloodwork done for my Coumadin levels and had a newbie phlebotomist on Monday.  Well, she blew my vein out.   The top pic is yesterday and the bottom is how it looks today.  Hurts like @##%@  and it looks much worse.

In other news, I get to hang out with my Dad today!  Taking him to go see Hercules for another of his birthday presents!  Should be fun. 

Although I'm really looking forward to this weekend!  I'm so pumped for Guardians of the Galaxy!


If you weighed in today, how did you do this week?  Who is going to see Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend?

32 comments:

  1. I got hit in tennis TOO this week! It deflected off my racquet, in to my face! OWIE! I think it's hilarious that he hit her though, but he got his just desserts by losing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owie sorry the ball hit you! Yea, it was a complete and total accident for him and he felt really bad afterwards!

      Delete
  2. OUCH!!
    I have had that happen twice now, the last awesome guy I had said to recommend a pediatric draw since my veins are 'timid'

    I'm thinking Guardians is a treat for Kiddo and Grampa to do together, I'll have to see it later sometime (jealous!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, they use a "butterfly" needle thing on me too. I have tiny, tiny spidery veins and I even told the girl where to draw from this time around and she still busted the vein. Ugh.
      Yea, Guardians should be a lot of fun! I'm excited for it!

      Delete
  3. Boo for being stuck on a number for a while. You may want to add some strength training. I know that it's one of the easiest ways for me to bust through a plateau. Your body gets good at doing the same things over and over again. Mix it up :) Also, are you tracking your food? For me, that is the biggest thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I do need more strength for sure. I think last week I only did it twice, I need to really try to get at least 3x in each week. Yea, I track everything in MFP too.

      Delete
  4. Ahh, I hate being stuck. You will get there, though! I bet the nutrition class at the Y will help a lot too. And NOOO I hate it when phlebs do that!! It has def happened to me before when getting blood readings for my thyroid. No fun! Tennis sounds like loads of fun, I don't even think I'd be good enough to be on the kids court, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL the kids were actually pretty fun. And geez they were pretty good too!

      Delete
  5. Hi! Sorry about the weight, and the accident! Couple of thoughts on the plateau:

    1. beer (LOL)
    2. swelling from the injury
    3. maybe so much exercise you actually need to up your food intake. Just make it meat, eggs or veggies though. Don't up fruit or any junk.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. I know. I really do. I don't drink that often though. (I know, still an excuse...) I have 2 on Friday and 2 on Sunday and that's usually it. I don't drink at all during the week.
      and yea, I've tried eating more, eating normal, eating less, adding more protein, drinking more water, drinking less water. Ugh. So so so frustrating!

      Delete
  6. We have tickets for Friday night! Can't wait to see it. Arm looks like it hurts. Hang in there. Sometimes the body just doesn't work on our time schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YIKES!!! that looks so painful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks about like all my bruises from the trip to the ER.

    I don't see movies in the theater anymore; we're always waiting for Netflix or the library to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I used to work at the movies, so they are a big part of my life still. :)

      Delete
  9. I am sorry that your frustrated with the scales. That bruise looks bad. I think your on track with thinking that you need to just pay attention to what you are eating. I don't drink alcohol, so I don't know the impact that has. I just love how active and consistent you are. I know you are going to get where you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the gain :( You are awesome and can totally turn it around though!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Des,

    Sorry to see the scales headed in the wrong direction this week, but your a warrior, you'll bounce back.

    I know personally I had to really write down a list of things I've been slacking on, and really get back on track. I don't know if you're into self help books, but I've been reading 'The Power of Habit.' Such an awesome book in so many ways. I'd love to hear what you think about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very good ideas for sure. I'll have to check that book out!

      Delete
  12. I hope you learn something at your class to help the scale start going down. I love learning new things in regards to my nutrition. Can't get enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I didn't get to go. I ended up with a killer headache. I need to find out when they have another one because I'm definitely going to check out any ideas they may have!

      Delete
  13. I love Chris' status! That's hysterical.

    That bruise looks awful! I hate when you get a rookie and they're just brutal. I have to make sure I'm OVER hydrated just so they can find my veins. It's always a crapshoot which arm will work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, my veins are little and spidery so it's always a challenge for them. Usually they just have to go out of my hand or the big one on the upper part of my arm is usually the best choice.

      Delete
  14. Stupid scale! I'm with you except I'm not even getting on the scale. Erik won a dozen gourmet cupcakes which we picked up last Saturday. Needless to say, my diet has been a little heavy on the cupcake nutrient this week. You are doing AWESOME and that scale has to catch up with your hard work soon. And OUCH about the vein. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. The scale can be so discouraging! We just have to keep changing it up until we figure out what works. I've been at a plateau for some time now, but I'm determined to get past this. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you! I'm determined too! We can do this!

      Delete
  16. Before I got to your explanation of your arm I thought it was the lady Chris hit and I wondered how you had pictures of it with her in two different tops. It helps to read before making assumptions :) I hate having blood drawn. I am a top of the hand girl. I've never had the upper arm - I'd be too scared. One time I did one of my shots in the arm flab and it hurt like a beast...imagine blood draw would be worse. Looking forward to your Guardians of the Galaxy review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your poor arm! I do wonder if that little old lady looks the same :)
    I told my husband about you guys' analogy of Guardians of the Galaxy to Firefly and 5th Element and now we're trying to juggle a way for both of us to see it this week!

    ReplyDelete