Friday, August 22, 2014

Fleurty and Fit's End of Summer Challenge

Fleurty and Fit

Linking up with Fleurty and the other lovely people who are doing the End of Summer Challenge!

5 days in so far and I'm doing pretty well!   I'm really trying to follow my goals and be hyper sensitive to what I'm eating with this challenge.  These are my goals:


And let's recap how I did so far.

1.) NO beer - Check.  Done and none!
2.) 100 oz of water/day.  So far I've only missed this on Wednesday
3.) Enter all food into MFP.  Yep so far so good since Monday.


4.) No weighing.  Um, yea, I already broke this one on Wednesday.


5.)  Get below 186.  Too early to tell but I'm 4.2 away as of now.  :)
6.)  Blog at least 2x per week.  Done.  Click here and here .  And today's post makes 3.
7.)  Weekly meal plan.  Check!  And I've only deviated once (yesterday) but still stayed within my calories.  Although I will say we had an abundance of leftovers this week from dinners so I haven't had to cook at all this week except once.



So only one goal broken but I'm getting Chris to hide the scale from me for the rest of the challenge. 

These are typical meals for me lately.  For breakfast I've been having a protein shake (on the mornings that I get up and exercise) and fruit (and coffee...always yes to coffee).


And during the week this is a typical lunch for me since it's so easy to prep for all 5 lunches.  Lemon Pepper Chicken, baby carrots with cinnamon sprinkled and Balsamic Garlic baked asparagus.


Dinner is whatever we have on tap.  Usually a pork chop, or baked or breaded chicken with 2 veggies. (no pic).

Also, something big this week.  I've actually gotten up and gotten a run/walk or just walks in 3 times this week.  That is practically unheard of for me.  And twice this week Mr. Skinny Geek has joined me too.  So it's not much but it's a start.  Some mornings we can only do a quick 20 minute walk but it's better than nothing.  Just the fact that I've dragged myself and gotten up and got some of it done before work is really something.  Now if only the weather would cool down.


And since I'm so addicted to Nutter Butters I though I'd try to concoct a Nutter Butter Protein Shake this morning.  It came out ok but I may need to tweak it a little and try to figure out something to make it a bit tastier.  It was good, just not great.



This is what I did:

Nutter Butter Protein Shake

1 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 scoop Vanilla Whey protein powder
1 tbsp dry Vanilla Jello mix
1 tbsp Torani French Vanilla Syrup
2 tbsp PB2
10 ice cubes

And keying this into MFP has the calories at 130.


So really I have to say this week has really been a success for me.  I'm planning on keeping it up!

30 comments:

  1. That's crazy low calories for a shake like that! And well done on sticking to the challenge! I was going to do it, but I can't stay off of the scale for that long. I'm one of those people that needs it for accountability and motivation. Fortunately though, I am also one of those people that can happily just weigh in once a week and not get obsessive about it. Again, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, usually when you throw the peanut butter in it puts it way high but this PB2 stuff is awesome! Ahh I think you don't have to choose to stay off the scale as one of your goals! Check with Fleurty and see! Maybe it's not too late!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great job! It doesn't hurt to weigh in once so you have a realistic way of knowing where you are at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work so far!! I love that you got Mr. Skinny Geek to join you. I think my fitness really started to come together once Handsome Husband got on board. As a mock-junkfood-shake fan I'm going to suggest ditching the pudding mix and adding some real PB for that Nutter Butter taste you're going for. It'll up the fat content but that just means it'll be more satiating (sp?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Ah I may try that. I do have "normal" pb on hand so I will give that a whirl as well. I'm a big "mock junkfood shake" fan too. My favorites are cake batter, snickerdoodle and blueberry muffin!

      Delete
  4. What an awesome job! Go you!
    Love that you're getting up early. How early do you have to get up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I usually have to get up at 4:15 and by the time I root around and find all my clothes, shoes, etc. I'm out the door by 5:15-5:20. Then back inside no later than 5:50 so I can shower, scramble to find clothes (this will be easier when I can use my closet again....) and be out the door by 6:30 and to work for 7.

      Delete
  5. You're doing great!! I've heard of PB2 but the idea creeps me out...but then again, I do love me some peanut-y goodness. Maybe I'll try it one of these days.

    That lemon pepper chicken looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lovely! I only use the PB2 with my protein shakes. I've never "tried" it in place of normal peanut butter though!

      Thanks it's really yummy and very easy!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Love the picture of your shadows - good to know I am not the only one taking silly pictures of myself :) I have some veggies to roast - hope I get to that this week since it would be great for next week's lunches. I always struggle getting veggies at lunch. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One goal broke isn't bad and that is Great that you did 3 walks :-) It is wonderful that Mr. Geek is showing support and spending time by walking with you. I'm proud of you my buddy, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you rocked it! Keep up the great work! You are totally onto a great start. I need to get my butt moving more. I went for only one walk last week. It was a long one, but still. I know if I could just get off the couch more, I would see even better results on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonya! Yea, usually the hardest step is the first one out of the door!

      Delete
  9. Awesome week! I love your smoothie recipes, guess I need to buy some of that PB2 to try in mine to cut the calories a bit. And I have to physically hide the scale too or else I succumb to temptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Yea, I was worried about PB2 but it works so well with the smoothies!

      Delete
  10. Girl you are doing so great!! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job this week! Even a twenty minute walk in the morning is such a great way to start the day! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are seriously awesome! I'm sad I missed out on Jasmine's challenge! Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are doing awesome, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete